You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lipty3

I hate carriers

367 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
5 minutes ago, Lipty3 said:

They have ruined the game. Not fun to play against at all, no defense against them. Sure get better AA. What is the point, unlimited planes with no consequence for the CV at all. Just launch more and go hide somewhere so everyone else can waste 10 mins chasing it around the map after everyone else is dead. Stupid, pointless class the way they are currently set up. Make the CV take 8% damage every time they lose a flight and have a consequence for using and losing planes. at least make people feel better for shooting them down as it means absolutely nothing right now. Just send out more from onboard plane factory. 

Feels like an alt post.

You might not be playing smart. Chasing a carrier without support is a really bad idea that I've not seen succeed as often as it failed. Bring a buddy or coordinate with a ship having some bigger guns.

Damage correlation between actual carrier and it's squadrons has been proposed in forum a few times.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 4
  • Meh 5

Members
1,764 posts
26,543 battles
5 minutes ago, Lipty3 said:

They have ruined the game. Not fun to play against at all, no defense against them. Sure get better AA. What is the point, unlimited planes with no consequence for the CV at all. Just launch more and go hide somewhere so everyone else can waste 10 mins chasing it around the map after everyone else is dead. Stupid, pointless class the way they are currently set up. Make the CV take 8% damage every time they lose a flight and have a consequence for using and losing planes. at least make people feel better for shooting them down as it means absolutely nothing right now. Just send out more from onboard plane factory. 

I approve of this posting.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,971 posts
10 minutes ago, Lipty3 said:

We have been through the "unlimited planes thing" about 1000 times and it's been shown, with the actual numbers of planes that CVs have at the beginning of the match, as well as each of their regen rates, in detail and equally debunked, 1000 times.

Here is some of the text/math that I use to keep handy for posts like these back in the day when this "myth" was popular:

"The Midway for example has 12 dive bombers to a squad, a single plane takes 69 seconds to replace.  So a full squad can be replaced in 13.8 minutes, of a possible 20 minute match, to replace one squad of lost planes, assuming the match lasts that long.

The Saipan has 6 torpedo planes per squad, the CV takes 143 seconds to rebuild one plane.  So the replacement of one lost squad takes 14.3 minutes, or almost 75% of the maximum possible match time.  If a match doesn't go it's full possible length, it is very likely that that single lost squad, will never be replaced.

CVs are limited in the planes that they have available, by replacement time and length of the match.  We can and absolutely do, run out of planes."

• Cool 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 10

Members
9 posts
4,924 battles

Sorry I am not chasing them, I Just hate being targeted and worn down repeatedly by a carrier until inevitable death by being constantly lit up or hammered. After 11 reds are dead you get to spend the rest of the match chasing the stupid running carrier that is hiding in a corner somewhere wasting everyone's time instead of the match just ending.

• Cool 7
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

That's a good forum title to bait the masses.

Like moths to a dumpster fire.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
7,971 posts
3 minutes ago, Lipty3 said:

Sorry I am not chasing them, I Just hate being targeted and worn down repeatedly by a carrier until inevitable death by being constantly lit up or hammered. After 11 reds are dead you get to spend the rest of the match chasing the stupid running carrier that is hiding in a corner somewhere wasting everyone's time instead of the match just ending.

A single DD left on the red team can go stuff itself into a corner of the map and do the same exact thing.  In fact, they can hide better and longer.

We have been through all this stuff...a lot, like a year ago.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 4

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
7 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

We have been through the "unlimited planes thing" about 1000 times and it's been shown, with the actual numbers of planes that CVs have at the beginning of the match, as well as each of their regen rates, in detail and equally debunked, 1000 times.

All ammo in the game is unlimited with various cooldowns.  Torps and planes have the longest cooldowns.

What makes CV planes more unlimited than anything else is that every other weapon launcher in the game can be destroyed, eliminating the regeneration entirely.   CV plane "launchers" can never be destroyed.

Therefore, planes are the most unlimited ammo type in the game as all other weapon systems can be destroyed.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[A-D-F]
7,971 posts
9 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

All ammo in the game is unlimited with various cooldowns.  Torps and planes have the longest cooldowns.

What makes CV planes more unlimited than anything else is that every other weapon launcher in the game can be destroyed, eliminating the regeneration entirely.   CV plane "launchers" can never be destroyed.

Therefore, planes are the most unlimited ammo type in the game as all other weapon systems can be destroyed.

CVs are not unlimited, as I have shown above.  They are effectively limited by the regen rate and most importantly, the length of the match.  This is a limitation that we run into.  If you faceplant a few squads of German planes into a bunch of AA flak, it's going to hurt the CVs ability to do damage later in the match.

In addition, not nearly as important but interesting, surface ship ammo is also not unlimited.  All ships have a set number of shells aboard at the start of the match. 

They can actually run out of ammo and this was tested/proven in the training room a long time ago.  It's some stupid high number if I recall like 9,999 shells or something like that, but they are not, technically, unlimited.  You are just never going to shoot them all in a match.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 5

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,533 posts
10,092 battles

Sorry OP, this is where CV apologists gather that either use it themselves therefore cannot admit to any of the issues or players who get ran over on the regular on here and couldn't tell the difference anyway.  You won't find sympathy or discussion here that is remotely objective on just what CV does to the game.  You're better off voicing this in a competent clan's discord if u want to talk about it.  

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

CVs are not unlimited, as I have shown above.  They are effectively limited by the regen rate and most importantly, the length of the match.  This is a "real wor;d" limitation that we run into.  If you faceplant a few squads of German planes into a bunch of AA, it's going to hurt the CVs ability to do damage later in the match.

If a DD loses his single torp launcher, he's not launching any more torps at all.   Back in the day, I ran out of turrets on the good old Atlanta.

So, in that respect, plane regeneration never stops and is therefore infinite as compared to turret and launcher based ammo.  

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
6,609 posts
11,613 battles
13 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

CV plane "launchers" can never be destroyed.

Destruction of the CV also destroys the "launcher", therefore your statement is false.

Nice to see you again, @CommodoreKang

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[A-D-F]
7,971 posts
6 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

If a DD loses his single torp launcher, he's not launching any more torps at all.   Back in the day, I ran out of turrets on the good old Atlanta.

So, in that respect, plane regeneration never stops and is therefore infinite as compared to turret and launcher based ammo.  

Yeah I don't think "fixing that" is going to help your position much. 

CVs go down pretty fast under fire.  If WG made it so that a CV's "plane factory" could be taken out, nobody is going to aim for the thing and go, welp!  It can't make anymore planes, let's just leave it alone now.

If players can shoot at CV, they are going to shoot at it until it is sunk.  Taking out it's ability to regen planes, is going to neither help the people shooting at it in the next 20 seconds, nor hurt CV in the next 20 seconds.  It wouldn't change anything.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Yeah I don't think "fixing that" is going to help your position much. 

CVs go down pretty fast under fire.  If WG made it so that a CV's "plane factory" could be taken out, nobody is going to aim for the thing and go, welp!  It can't make anymore planes, let's just leave it alone now.

If players can shoot at CV, they are going to shoot at it until it is sunk.  Taking out it's ability to regen planes, is going to neither help the people shooting at it in the next 20 seconds, nor hurt CV in the next 20 seconds.  It wouldn't change anything.

Oh I don't care about a destroyable plane launcher thing.  CVs are ridiculous enough that you just deal with them however they are.   I was just pointing out how they are, once again, a "special" class when it comes to their "ammo".

[GOOF]
Members
750 posts
6,334 battles

Op there is no such thing as unlimited planes just less planes.

The CV mafia has made this clear to us dumb noob crybaby whiners.

They run on time while all ya other mains run on HP.

Since it's a 20 minute match they are limited to how many planes they can launch in 20 minutes, this is obviously different from infinite.

I have been indoctrinated and taught that a non meaningful amount of planes launched is the same as no planes in a CV mains eyes.

The idea of an asymptote is a lie and the mafia wants you to know that

Learn to dodge and use your superior AA because CV are fair and balanced.

Hahahaha 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[WPORT]
Members
6,609 posts
11,613 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

It can't make anymore planes, let's just leave it alone now.

"Secondary Batteries, Open Fire!"  ;-)

While the effectiveness is more entertaining than effective, at least most (but not all) CV hulls sport some amount of short-range guns.

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts
37 minutes ago, Lipty3 said:

Make the CV take 8% damage every time they lose a flight and have a consequence for using and losing planes.

(hide somewhere so everyone else can waste 10 mins chasing it around the map after everyone else is dead )

make the BB lose 8% for every main battery volley they miss and have a consequence for using and missing.

same for DDs and torps.

... (because thats totally not what a DD would do)

while your at it OP... just load more ammo from that infinite shell and torp factory you have on your ship.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
7,971 posts
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

Oh I don't care about a destroyable plane launcher thing.  CVs are ridiculous enough that you just deal with them however they are.   I was just pointing out how they are, once again, a "special" class when it comes to their "ammo".

Your whole post was about how you can't disable it's offensive, now you suddenly don't care about disabling it's offensive.  We seem to have come full circle here.

[A-D-F]
7,971 posts
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

"Secondary Batteries, Open Fire!"  ;-)

While the effectiveness is more entertaining than effective, at least most (but not all) CV hulls sport some amount of short-range guns.

I do loves me some secondaries.....:Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Your whole post was about how you can't disable it's offensive, now you suddenly don't care about disabling it's offensive.  We seem to have come full circle here.

I was just pointing out how planes are more "unlimited" than artillery based ammo etc. lol ;P

• Boring 1