You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ole_seabee

co-op cvs are a joke why?

27 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
[TF16B]
Members
114 posts
15,855 battles

Look i play co op to stay away from CV s as i dont like them. But the cvs in co op are quite a joke worse than even the poorest players in randoms why. I would think that people playing co op and trying to work there way up to randoms would want to have some realistic exposure as to what is the cv experience.

Im really thinking that wow management is nothing but a massive head game....

• Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[FOXY]
Members
1,196 posts
5,458 battles

Im glad they are the way they are, i do COOP to avoid CVs and how they function in Randoms. They arent to far off from the worst CV players ive seen though. They dont dodge flak, they dont wait for skills to run their course, they just..attack..attack attack.

Usually they miss, but so do really bad CV players.

[FOXY]
Members
1,196 posts
5,458 battles
2 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Co-Op is a joke

bXOm9kJ.gif.8232dbc045ab4e22a040435af61a417d.gif

And yet, i see players from randoms come in and struggle because they try and play COOP like randoms. Funny that, then again i dont get the constant hate towards COOP.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Members
4,501 posts
20,694 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

And yet, i see players from randoms come in and struggle because they try and play COOP like randoms. Funny that, then again i dont get the constant hate towards COOP.

I have no hate at all, use it myself to train and test ships.

But it's stupid easy

wish it was available in easy medium and hard mode for higher XP on each, I'd use it a lot more

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,196 posts
5,458 battles
Just now, SilverPhatShips said:

But it's stupid easy

wish it was available in easy medium and hard mode for higher XP on each, I'd use it a lot more

Okay that last bit i agree with fully.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,086 posts
1,345 battles

Actually, tier 4 CV bots are a joke tier 8 and tier 10 CV bots are actually somewhat good :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant

[-A-8-]
Members
508 posts
20,533 battles
24 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

TBF that cuts both ways. Random players sat back in coop and coop players yoloing in randoms.

[FOXY]
Members
1,196 posts
5,458 battles
1 minute ago, wildgooseman said:

TBF that cuts both ways. Random players sat back in coop and coop players yoloing in randoms.

It does, true, i never stated otherwise.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,066 posts
17,129 battles

The best preparation for Random battles is Random battles. Just do it. Start in low tier. Get out of coop and save it for certain missions. The rewards of Randoms are soooo much better. You can and likely will pick up a lot of bad habits in coop.

OK now having said that. If you are having fun in coop nothing wrong with playing the game the way you want to.

Cheers.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

I use coop to dial in my cv play awareness for a few battles but then I Wade back into the fray in randoms.

Carriers are easy mode so even if you suck at them there’s pretty much no drawbacks... coop CVs are hard to do much in since everyone just throws another log on the fire to get whatever damage they can. I found randoms at low tier to be a treasure trove of HP I could farm... it’s embarrassing- and I’m not even good with CVs. But it doesn’t even matter... so... mission accomplished wargaming. 

Members
1,306 posts
7,142 battles
42 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

They "struggle" because everyone else runs in and takes all the kills not because they're being challenged by the game play. 

The only challenge in Co-Op is racing your teammates for XP. No one who can play competently in Randoms will have the slightest difficulty in fighting the bots in Co-Op. 

• Boring 2

[WOLF7]
Members
473 posts
1 hour ago, ole_seabee said:

Look i play co op to stay away from CV s as i dont like them. But the cvs in co op are quite a joke worse than even the poorest players in randoms why. I would think that people playing co op and trying to work there way up to randoms would want to have some realistic exposure as to what is the cv experience.

Im really thinking that wow management is nothing but a massive head game....

Played some T3 co-op matches in Dreadnought today. The bot CV bombers scored a hit on me every single run even as the bot ships missed shots left and right. Meanwhile, Dreadnought's AA defenses consist of the captain shouting loudly at the passing enemy planes and occasionally throwing a soggy crumpet at the planes flying overhead. Playing Bogatyr is a similar experience.

• Haha 1

Members
451 posts
9,666 battles
1 hour ago, SilverPhatShips said:

But it's stupid easy

I wonder why a ranked out player played worse than I did in a co-op game. Not trying to say he's a bad player, but co-op games have their own mechanism, and not every PVP-main gets it.

Screenshot (127).png

Members
862 posts
1,261 battles
25 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Played some T3 co-op matches in Dreadnought today. The bot CV bombers scored a hit on me every single run even as the bot ships missed shots left and right. Meanwhile, Dreadnought's AA defenses consist of the captain shouting loudly at the passing enemy planes and occasionally throwing a soggy crumpet at the planes flying overhead. Playing Bogatyr is a similar experience.

If the enemy team has a CV, you have one too. Stick with it. 

Honestly I love Ryujo & Langley in Co-Op because of the insane amount of plane kills I get. If you get closest to the enemy CV, or you trail the ship closest to the enemy CV, press O a lot.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
9 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

I wonder why a ranked out player played worse than I did in a co-op game. Not trying to say he's a bad player, but co-op games have their own mechanism, and not every PVP-main gets it.

Screenshot (127).png

It’s seldom about “getting it” in coop. Everyone gets it- not everyone gives a crap. 

Same as randoms- some people care... others don’t. “I love to laugh and have fun... I don’t care about stats I’m just here to shoot things pew pew. “

Edited by _ENO_

Members
4,501 posts
20,694 battles
10 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

Screenshot (127).png

Most battles are over so fast that sometimes if you're on wrong side of map you may not even get a shot in for the game's over.

And don't read too much into those ranked stars anybody can get those.  Rank battles don't show skill at all except in ranking out in a low battle count.

[WOLFG]
Members
10,655 posts
9,872 battles
12 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

Screenshot (127).png

It's not that uncommon.  Elite players often come to try out some build (for technical stuff), or just need like 100bxp to finish a mission and want a milk run.

Hell, I had an O7 player the other day finish 4th and do nothing wrong.  Of course he was in a Hak and it was like a 4 minute game, so that is pretty damn good for a CV.  Top BXP was like 475.

[FOXY]
Members
1,196 posts
5,458 battles
1 hour ago, Rocketpacman said:

They "struggle" because everyone else runs in and takes all the kills not because they're being challenged by the game play. 

The only challenge in Co-Op is racing your teammates for XP. No one who can play competently in Randoms will have the slightest difficulty in fighting the bots in Co-Op. 

I never stated why they struggled. I know they wont have issues in COOP, its why i dont have issues in COOP, im "average? 54%WR in Randoms). Doing *well* in COOP requires a different playstyle than randoms and its really noticeable when a player whos only done randoms jumps into COOP for a match.

• Cool 2

[IRNBN]
Members
3,691 posts
10,738 battles
2 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Im glad they are the way they are, i do COOP to avoid CVs and how they function in Randoms. They arent to far off from the worst CV players ive seen though. They dont dodge flak, they dont wait for skills to run their course, they just..attack..attack attack.

Usually they miss, but so do really bad CV players.

^^^^ 100% This.

[SALVO]
Members
25,464 posts
27,448 battles

1. I agree that coop shouldn't be played like randoms.  But I don't know if this can all be laid at the feet of randoms players jumping into coop.  There can be bad coop players too, who seek to play coop like randoms.  I've seen some bad players in coop just charge forward in DDs or cruisers and die immediately because they got torped by the bot ships.  And I've seen players in coop heading off to some cap by themselves to grab a cap, when taking caps is usually not worth it.

2. The problem with coop is that the bots are TERRIBLE.  When the average coop player wins 90+% of the time, the bots are BAD.  Intentionally bad.   I watched a CC video where the CC mentioned that WG did an experiment a while back where they replaced coop bot AI with the AI of operations bots, and the overall win rate of the coop players immediately dropped down to around 70%.  And they considered this a failure!   A FAILURE!!!???  I'd consider coop bots that could limit players to around a 70% WR to be a resounding success!!!

[FOXY]
Members
1,196 posts
5,458 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

1. I agree that coop shouldn't be played like randoms.  But I don't know if this can all be laid at the feet of randoms players jumping into coop.  There can be bad coop players too, who seek to play coop like randoms.  I've seen some bad players in coop just charge forward in DDs or cruisers and die immediately because they got torped by the bot ships.  And I've seen players in coop heading off to some cap by themselves to grab a cap, when taking caps is usually not worth it.

2. The problem with coop is that the bots are TERRIBLE.  When the average coop player wins 90+% of the time, the bots are BAD.  Intentionally bad.   I watched a CC video where the CC mentioned that WG did an experiment a while back where they replaced coop bot AI with the AI of operations bots, and the overall win rate of the coop players immediately dropped down to around 70%.  And they considered this a failure!   A FAILURE!!!???  I'd consider coop bots that could limit players to around a 70% WR to be a resounding success!!! 

Id be down for that, if and only if they A.) upped the numbers of both sides to full teams like in randoms, and B.) gave full monetary/exp rewards(minus medals, though they should allow for the earning of the two COOP medals.)

[SALVO]
Members
25,464 posts
27,448 battles
23 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Id be down for that, if and only if they A.) upped the numbers of both sides to full teams like in randoms, and B.) gave full monetary/exp rewards(minus medals, though they should allow for the earning of the two COOP medals.)

1.  Whether it's 9 or 12 "players" per team, it doesn't really matter all that much to me.

2. Full rewards?  Nah.  I don't think that you should get truly "full" rewards for playing against bots.  Sure, ~70% player WR bots are more challenging than ~90% player WR bots.  But it's still only ~70% WR, not a truly challenging AI where you'd have to work to earn a WR of (let's say) 50%.

Members
1,306 posts
7,142 battles

I never stated why they struggled. I know they wont have issues in COOP, its why i dont have issues in COOP, im "average? 54%WR in Randoms). Doing *well* in COOP requires a different playstyle than randoms and its really noticeable when a player whos only done randoms jumps into COOP for a match.

And I'm just clarifying what "struggle" means. The reality is playing Co-Ops like Randoms would be perfectly effective if everyone played it that way. Angling away from the bots and kiting them down is actually more effective than rushing most of the time. It's just the other players in Co-Op will rush in and take all the damage with torps, ramming and point blank citadel shots because the bots so easy to kill.