Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yandere_Roon

Game constantly crashes

24 comments in this topic

[XXX]
Members
598 posts
1,446 battles

Game ran fine yesterday, done all the checks, uninstalled all the mods and the game seems to just crash constantly, I'm not sure what changed between yesterday and today but...yeah anyone else having this problem?

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,196 battles
2 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Game ran fine yesterday, done all the checks, uninstalled all the mods and the game seems to just crash constantly, I'm not sure what changed between yesterday and today but...yeah anyone else having this problem?

Nope... All is fine here..

Crashes are your computers way of telling you, to upgrade your drivers... Start there first, update and properly install your drivers.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,696 battles
3 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

I've been having it too, in another thread (

) @AVR_Project said that it was "Some nasty folks from Turkey and Romania are attacking WOWS Game Center.   These attacks coincide with the disconnects on my machine." 

[XXX]
Members
598 posts
1,446 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Nope... All is fine here..

Crashes are your computers way of telling you, to upgrade your drivers... Start there first, update and properly install your drivers.

Drivers and everything are all up to date...was one of the things I made sure to check. Like I said it's weird it worked fine yesterday but then today, boom, crashes the moment I load into a battle.

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,196 battles
Just now, Yandere_Roon said:

Drivers and everything are all up to date...was one of the things I made sure to check. Like I said it's weird it worked fine yesterday but then today, boom, crashes the moment I load into a battle.

Which drivers did you updated ?

Are you using steam version of WOWS or the regular WGC version ?

[XXX]
Members
598 posts
1,446 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Which drivers did you updated ?

Are you using steam version of WOWS or the regular WGC version ?

regular WGC version of the game, updated the drivers for my graphics card, checked to see if all my other drivers were up to date, that's fine...like I said, it's just random that I was able to play fine yesterday and then it just started crashing like hell today.

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,196 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

I've been having it too, in another thread (

) @AVR_Project said that it was "Some nasty folks from Turkey and Romania are attacking WOWS Game Center.   These attacks coincide with the disconnects on my machine." 

Looking at some of the post in that thread.... If you're disconnection 30 times in 2 hrs time frame (which is unheard of ever)... This can be a multiple of factors...

• Drivers
  • firewall
  • Local area networks

Some of the resent replies are to far fetch.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,196 battles
3 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

regular WGC version of the game, updated the drivers for my graphics card, checked to see if all my other drivers were up to date, that's fine...like I said, it's just random that I was able to play fine yesterday and then it just started crashing like hell today.

Check you LAN/ISP advisory web site for blackouts or temporary service disruption.

Check your firewall settings.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,696 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Looking at some of the post in that thread.... If you're disconnection 30 times in 2 hrs time frame (which is unheard of ever)... This can be a multiple of factors...

• Drivers
  • firewall
  • Local area networks

Some of the resent replaies are to far fetch.

now that I look at it, 30 was probably an exaggeration. Something like 15 was probably the number

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,196 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

now that I look at it, 30 was probably an exaggeration. Something like 15 was probably the number

Also, Anti-virus programs use scare tactics to keep the consumer in fear in order to "suggest" there is a need for their products.

Do you actually need Anti-virus software ?Depends, not for playing WOWS.

All that nonsense of the thread you're referencing, can be for other logical reasons.

[THREE]
Members
2,454 posts
13,673 battles

Hey

Ever since the last patch; I get a lot of game crashes, or it freezes up and it locks up my computer, no mouse, no windows key action, all I can do is shut the computer off and reboot.  Never happened before the last patch.  Drivers are good, updated windows 10, ran scans and everything seems good.  But it crashed twice today while in WOWS, once in the premium shop and once in port.

Pete

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,196 battles
7 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Ever since the last patch; I get a lot of game crashes, or it freezes up and it locks up my computer, no mouse, no windows key action, all I can do is shut the computer off and reboot.  Never happened before the last patch.  Drivers are good, updated windows 10, ran scans and everything seems good.  But it crashed twice today while in WOWS, once in the premium shop and once in port.

Pete

New patch tonight, if it continues... You may have to check your PCs resources...

If its running to high, you may need to upgrade your gear...

Members
3,420 posts
40,821 battles
1 hour ago, Yandere_Roon said:

You sometimes have to force the updates on the settings tab in windows because sometimes the process is interrupted. Also, run a repair from WG command center.

You being yandere, I find it odd that you ask for help. Especially with all the guys here.🤔😏

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,752 posts
10,383 battles
5 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

If the check/repair didn't fix the issue, create a WGcheck report and send it over to the Support team via a ticket.

Also, don't forget Update 0.9.10 arrives early tomorrow morning.

#anchorsaweigh

[GWG]
Members
7,221 posts
14,028 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

• Drivers
  • firewall
  • Local area networks

Some of the resent replaies are to far fetch.

I found out late last night that I can kick my one game computer off-line with the other game computer. 

All I need to do is 'try' to log in on the second PC while a game is running on the first one.
I'll need to verify this and see what the conditions are.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,696 battles
4 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

You being yandere, I find it odd that you ask for help. Especially with all the guys here.🤔😏

*groan*:Smile_facepalm:

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,196 battles
13 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I found out late last night that I can kick my one game computer off-line with the other game computer. 

All I need to do is 'try' to log in on the second PC while a game is running on the first one.
I'll need to verify this and see what the conditions are.

What you're describing is a LAN issue... For example,

• I can use one rig for gaming, I can;t use them both because the bandwidth is not enough for both running at the same time...

A different example, this one from the ISP end.

• I know I can use one rig for WOWS and one for web browsing or video watching...
    • IF you know you can do this today but you can't do this tomorrow. Then your ISP is restricting access to your bandwidth (for whatever reasons, check for your ISP bulletin website for service outage, disruption or restrictions.)
      • They can do this at anytime.

These are the must common reasons (except if you live in Canada).  Then you either have to

• Increase internet speeds
    • OR
  • Conform with whats available.

From the US Federal level (not trying to get political). Much needed regulation and standardization is way over due...Mainly to avoid these types of problems..

Edited by Navalpride33

[GWG]
Members
7,221 posts
14,028 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

What you're describing is a LAN issue... For example,

• I can use one rig for gaming, I can;t use them both because the bandwidth is not enough for both running at the same time...

A different example, this one from the ISP end.

• I know I can use one rig for WOWS and one for web browsing or video watching...
    • IF you know you can do this today but you can't do this tomorrow. Then your ISP is restricting access to your bandwidth (for whatever reasons, check for your ISP bulletin website for service outage, disruption or restrictions.
      • They can do this at anytime.

These are the must common reasons (except if you live in Canada).  Then you either have to

• Increase internet speeds
    • OR
  • Conform with whats available.

From the US Federal level (not trying to get political). Much needed regulation and standardization is way over due...Mainly to avoid these types of problems..

Actually, one of my experiments is to run them both in co-op in a div (different accounts) to see if :
1) Both disconnect at the same time (network problem) or
2) Only one disconnects (external attack on the Game Center)

I haven't had any luck getting disconnected this way yet.

And yes, I have the bandwidth to run over 20 WOWS game computers at the same time.

But after I tried this, the second account was sunk, so i logged off.  Then I accidentally logged in to the wrong (same) account as the first PC and it immediately kicked the first PC off line.

Haven't had time to play with it yet.  There is the 'division' thing, the ended battle, and the strangest thing... 
The second PC took over the first PCs ship in battle.

[XXX]
Members
598 posts
1,446 battles

Looks like it is probably my graphics card finally giving up the ghost, no artifacting or anything BUT tried a few other games and noticed some very minor graphical glitches. I mean I bought it second hand and had it well over a year now so sadly it's out of warranty, bugger...that's an expense I'd rather not have to have at this moment...

[IROCZ]
Beta Testers
61 posts
10,637 battles
On 10/27/2020 at 3:55 PM, Yandere_Roon said:

Yep started today... it  was happening during PT round 1 constantly, then they fixed it with round 2 PT.

Now it's back with a vengeance!!!

[XXX]
Members
598 posts
1,446 battles
13 minutes ago, SHADOW_WAKE said:

Yep started today... it  was happening during PT round 1 constantly, then they fixed it with round 2 PT.

Now it's back with a vengeance!!!

Try checking your GPU, what ended up being my problem. Sadly meant I had to downgrade (still under 2 year warranty with CEX thankfully) but it's more than enough to run WoWs at decent settings and it's not like I'm going to be playing any hugely up to date games any time soon and I'll be coming in to some money soon which means I'll probably be buying a whole new rig anyway since this one desperately needs an upgrade overall.

Members
109 posts
24,165 battles
1 hour ago, SHADOW_WAKE said:

not gpu, just got confirmation from WG that there is an issue and they should have a fix shortly

That's great news.  Been dumped after every game since the update yesterday.  Yes, even after the check/repair.

Edited by CrymsonKyng

[XXX]
Members
598 posts
1,446 battles
On 10/29/2020 at 7:03 PM, SHADOW_WAKE said:

not gpu, just got confirmation from WG that there is an issue and they should have a fix shortly

Well its a curious coincidence since my GPU happened to crap out at roughly the same time...which is what led me to thinking it was the GPU and not the game since this is a fresh GPU and didn't have the artifacting that was present in other games.

However yes, it does seem to be a WG related problem...*eyeroll* so wonder when there is going to be a fix for this.

Sign in to follow this