You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shonai_

Submarines test extension

14 comments in this topic

Developers
18 posts
3 battles

Commanders, we extended the current test period of submarines until 04:00 UTC, 31 of October to give you more time and opportunities to try out the new class and its updated mechanics

In order to enter the test, you need to download the TST client and log in with your account from the main server. More details about joining the test and how to play submarines and against them are available in the article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/submarine-testing/

Good luck and fair seas!

• Cool 2

[MUDDX]
Members
399 posts
937 battles

Instead of having to download another 34 gbs, which for me takes 48 to 72 hours why don't you just add the sub data in a small patch. This way everyone can test and you would get more data and feedback in a shorter time. 

I started the download as soon as it was announced but had to uninstall since after 2 days it was at only 20%! I am on a 200 mbps and 429 mbps cable wifi. 

If you want more participation, make testing more convenient.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,767 posts
4,733 battles
29 minutes ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

Instead of having to download another 34 gbs, which for me takes 48 to 72 hours why don't you just add the sub data in a small patch.

The TST client is a majorly different beast; the patch wouldn't be small.  And as a matter of best practice, you don't mingle test code with released code.  If it's taking that long, there's something wrong with your rig or your ISP.  Perhaps a network speed test would be instructive.

• Cool 2

Members
3,411 posts
40,435 battles

I guess the extension cord from the shoreline to the sub so it can attack underwater without surfacing was a dead giveaway.

I wonder how many subs were stopped  underwater when a player above with wire cutters cut the cord.

"See that extension cord over there, now cut it. Watch that sub come up, load AP and open fire!"

[WOLFC]
Members
1,976 posts
10,336 battles
23 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I guess the extension cord from the shoreline to the sub so it can attack underwater without surfacing was a dead giveaway.

I wonder how many subs were stopped  underwater when a player above with wire cutters cut the cord.

"See that extension cord over there, now cut it. Watch that sub come up, load AP and open fire!"

Nah, everyone knows you fire HE at subs. :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,092 posts
14,687 battles
2 hours ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

Instead of having to download another 34 gbs, which for me takes 48 to 72 hours why don't you just add the sub data in a small patch. This way everyone can test and you would get more data and feedback in a shorter time. 

I started the download as soon as it was announced but had to uninstall since after 2 days it was at only 20%! I am on a 200 mbps and 429 mbps cable wifi. 

If you want more participation, make testing more convenient.

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

The TST client is a majorly different beast; the patch wouldn't be small.  And as a matter of best practice, you don't mingle test code with released code.  If it's taking that long, there's something wrong with your rig or your ISP.  Perhaps a network speed test would be instructive.

Even on a 1 Mb line you should have been done in a few hours, there is something very wrong with your setup. First, what speed is your router? You really need a gigabit router to handle a 100 or 200 Mb connection as a 10/100 router will limit you to well under 100 Mb. Second, reboot your modem and router. Third, try connecting directly to the modem.

Members
858 posts
5,902 battles

Nice! I’ve been playing pretty much every session. Subs are very strong with skill and team support but pretty weak in inept hands or without support. Even enjoying playing BBs in the mode although I wish either the depth charge cool down was lower or damage higher for BB charges. And torps won’t fire for a couple minutes some times. Otherwise I’m having lots of fun on a test server for a change.

[MUDDX]
Members
399 posts
937 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

If it's taking that long, there's something wrong with your rig or your ISP.

Steam downloads run in the 200 to 500 mps speed range. WG downloads in less than 100 kbs regardless if I am using the facilities 200 mbps cable wifi or my 429 mbps T Mobile network.

My system was bought new last year.

[MUDDX]
Members
399 posts
937 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

First, what speed is your router? You really need a gigabit router to handle a 100 or 200 Mb connection as a 10/100 router will limit you to well under 100 Mb. Second, reboot your modem and router. Third, try connecting directly to the modem.

This is a nursing home the resident cable wifi is 200 mbps and I have no control over it, nor can I reboot it or connect directly to it. I also can not get my own set up here. That is why I got a T Mobile phone with 429 mbps speed.

As I told duckman Steam games and update dl in the 200 to 500 mps range. Win 10 and Dell updates also.

[MUDDX]
Members
399 posts
937 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Does WGC have d/l limits set?

I have tried unlimited and all the lesser ones and there is no difference.

[RLGN]
Members
14,838 posts
26,345 battles
14 hours ago, shonai_ said:

Commanders, we extended the current test period of submarines until 04:00 UTC, 31 of October to give you more time and opportunities to try out the new class and its updated mechanics

In order to enter the test, you need to download the TST client and log in with your account from the main server. More details about joining the test and how to play submarines and against them are available in the article: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/submarine-testing/

Good luck and fair seas!

I still haven’t had an answer as to if the sub TST will overwrite and TST I have, or if I need to ‘remove game instance’ the old TST before downloading the new one.

[KAG]
Members
186 posts
9,869 battles

BB depth charge is too strong for the lazy level of skill it takes, needs to be more skill based, reduce the area size.