You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

42 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,674 posts
6,460 battles

Oklahoma is out.  Here's a review of the Slowklahoma with Pros and Cons.  That 40 second reload...  :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 8

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Yawn. Are we out of port yet? Somebody wake up the plotting room and knock the rust out of the breech, it's finally time to shoot again.

Wasted opportunity WG...

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 4
  • Haha 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,242 posts
9,563 battles
1 minute ago, thebigblue said:

Yawn. Are we out of port yet? Somebody wake up the plotting room and knock the rust of the breech, it's finally time to shoot again.

Wasted opportunity WG...

Gotta love the new 40 second National flavor the US standards have. Real fun to play.

• Cool 1

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
368 posts
14,436 battles

So what is the trade off for the 40 sec reload? Standard size guns that are not super accurate, same amount of guns as NY/ Texas.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,691 posts
10,730 battles

Honestly, I think OK is aimed at the collector market.

She'll do OK (horrible pun detected!!!) in Co-op but in PvP she will get her aft handed to her by GC, OR, and even the more maneuverable, faster-shooting Texas.

At least it's free, if you complete the collection.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
599 posts
9,950 battles

At least we get to play ships to grind lines without any requirements for a few weeks.

I am staying away from Halloween mode.

• Cool 2

[IGU]
Beta Testers
4,253 posts
21,506 battles

Kongou seeing Oklahoma on enemy team

2bRqBEq.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,995 posts
10,430 battles
43 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

So what is the trade off for the 40 sec reload? Standard size guns that are not super accurate, same amount of guns as NY/ Texas.

I haven’t played her yet, but I’m curious about her firing angles. Depending on the specifics, having ten guns without an amidships turret may prove to be an advantage, allowing her to bring more guns to bear while showing less side. The only ten-gun ship with a similar layout at tier V is GC.

Edited by Nevermore135

[WHEE]
Members
106 posts
3,023 battles

@NoZoupForYou How effective did you find the secondaries?

WG seems to be lauding their accuracy, and I’m tempted to invest in them so I have SOMETHING to shoot between the ridiculously high reloads, but I don’t recall you commenting too much on them. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
120 posts
9,529 battles

One correction on this video, Oklahoma had the secondary range changed to be 5.5km base as of the Dev blog on the 7th. Though wowsft doesn't seem to be updated to reflect this, by the looks of it they're definitely firing farther than the claimed 4.7km (which would be with the flag, as previously base was 4.5km). They start firing on the Omaha at around 5.8km here. 

Edited by ToxicSymphony
Clarity

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,285 posts
12,176 battles

"i suspect the Oklahoma will find an audience" yes, theyre called "collectors" because this thing as it is now is a severe detriment to any team its on, the US Standards with 21 knots can outrun this thing even if its got the speed flag on and not to mention the 40 second reload when its got the exact same number of guns that New York and Texas have and i think the same guns as well, this will be a ship thats only brought out for Snowflake events because you can get it for free from that collection thats coming up soon

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,061 posts
17,089 battles

Hmm Oklahoma... so it is out? How do you get it?

Never mind I see it, it is the collection reward. Ok...

Hmm guns look great. 

[ARGSY]
Members
21,632 posts
15,689 battles
3 hours ago, custer_14 said:

You get ten guns without that Q turret in the middle of the ship. I guess think Arkansas at Tier 5 with a gun taken out of the second and third turrets. (Is that worth the extra time on the reload? Only time will tell, but it wouldn't be out of order for any given player to decide that the answer is no.)

And secondaries. From what I've seen, you get the best secondaries at Tier 5.

[7-TH]
Members
240 posts
15,921 battles
9 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You get ten guns without that Q turret in the middle of the ship. I guess think Arkansas at Tier 5 with a gun taken out of the second and third turrets. (Is that worth the extra time on the reload? Only time will tell, but it wouldn't be out of order for any given player to decide that the answer is no.)

And secondaries. From what I've seen, you get the best secondaries at Tier 5.

The 8.3 km range secondaries is why I am interested in this ship. It has a lot of them and that kind of range (if what I have read is correct) at tier 5 could just be loads of fun. It appears she has 10 (127 mm/51 Mk7) with a 6% fire chance and 7 second reload and another 8 ( 127 mm/25 Mk.13) with 9% fire chance and a 4.5 second reload. So she could be the Mass of tier 5, which could be a hell of a lot of fun.

Edited by HannibalCane

[WOLF3]
Members
28,199 posts
24,552 battles
14 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

So the pros:

-Its well modeled
-Its not a paper ship

Wow.

Historically, Nevada-class (OK is the 2nd of the two ships of the class) that succeeded New York-class, were the first USN Battleships to use the "All-Or-Nothing" armor scheme for better protected vitals.

NY & TX in WoWS are very easy to punish.

The other, later Standards:  Arizona, New Mexico, West Virginia '41, Lolorado stubbornly protect their Citadels.

I expect Oklahoma to be sturdier than NY, but I don't have the ship.

Still, the major cons:

- 19.7kts max speed

- 40 seconds reload... Good Lord.

- 10k AP shell damage.  That's Stock New York AP, which is supposed to be very weak in Penetration capability.

WG has been on a quest to make these new USN Battleships awful.  So many swings made by WG of late with USN Battleships, almost all of which have been terrible failures with major issues:  California, Florida, Kansas, MinneSLOWta, and now Oklahoma.  Major issues.  Even Vermont has the sins of slow speed and 40 seconds reload, but at least she has 457mm x12 to boast about.  The others, not so much.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
1,774 posts
2,335 battles
2 hours ago, HannibalCane said:

So she could be the Mass of tier 5,

Let's not get carried away here.  The base reload on the /51 guns is too long to truly be effective, and the muzzle velocity on the /25 guns is the slowest in the game afaik, so don't expect many hits with them. 

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

I don't understand. Oktya, Nikolai, Giulio, Konig, Bretagne, Iron Duke all have the same amount of rifles to shoot and all have faster reloads. Heck Iron Duke is among the larger calibers and still reloads faster than Oklahoma. At this point I guess if you own Oklahoma you just turn all the sounds off and relax to your own tunes. 

EXAK6M5WAAMCAKx?format=jpg&name=medium

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,469 posts
8,178 battles

"Dmitri, people don't like the 35 second reload on early US BBs."

"I know Ivan, how about we make a whole line split and premiums with 40 second reload, they'll love that for sure."

[IRNBN]
Members
3,691 posts
10,730 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

WG has been on a quest to make these new USN Battleships awful.

They succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

• Cool 2