Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Saxxonknight

US Battleships Part 1 - Annoyance

12 comments in this topic

[SXXKT]
Members
52 posts
3,991 battles

Played the game during this event, was looking to get the ships up to Tier X.  Since I work a lot needless to say my mission progress wasn't very far.  I figured to purchase the bundles and get the ships (working a lot does have its advantages).  Imagine my surprise when I get to the last one and am a few hundred tokens short...

Frankly that seems like fraud - if you offer it for purchase, make it purchasable.  Right now I see that as a con, if I was informed I couldn't get the ship at start without completing certain missions that would be fine, but giving the impression it was purchasable via the random bundles when in fact it was not is a consumer issue.

Refund the bundles and take back the flags, or give me the ship for the less than 1 bundle left of tokens I was to purchase.  For that matter, I didn't need to purchase the level 7 bundle as I got the Minnesota on like the 3rd or 4th random, so that's some $150 in dubloons wasted and well worth a consumer complaint for an unfair business practice.

• Meh 4

[O_O]
Members
6,769 posts
16,216 battles

But...but...can't we earn these 'meh' ships for free in a few short weeks?

$150+?!?  :Smile_amazed:

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
24 minutes ago, Saxxonknight said:

Played the game during this event, was looking to get the ships up to Tier X. 

Right, heres your first mistake: Reading "Golden Eagle Camouflage" as "Tier X Battleship Vermont". 

Your second mistake: Not reading through the relevant pages and articles multiples times, and multiple times again to make sure that you know full well what you are buying and how much it would cost and you'd need to spend.

The financial equivalent of running into a smokescreen and dying to a torprush when you had German hydro ready all this time.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,904 battles

Paying money to get tech tree ships you can get for free the next patch after is such a powermove.

• Haha 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,016 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Paying money to get tech tree ships you can get for free the next patch after is such a powermove.

That is not the word I would have used.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,904 battles
40 minutes ago, Umikami said:

That is not the word I would have used.

The word I had in mind would've gotten me a warning so I figured I'd go for sarcasm.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,016 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

The word I had in mind would've gotten me a warning so I figured I'd go for sarcasm.

Which is why I didn't use the word I would have used, discretion being the better part of valor and all that! If I don't talk to you before the end of the month have a Happy Halloween!

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,752 posts
10,386 battles
11 hours ago, Saxxonknight said:

Played the game during this event, was looking to get the ships up to Tier X.  Since I work a lot needless to say my mission progress wasn't very far.  I figured to purchase the bundles and get the ships (working a lot does have its advantages).  Imagine my surprise when I get to the last one and am a few hundred tokens short...

Frankly that seems like fraud - if you offer it for purchase, make it purchasable.  Right now I see that as a con, if I was informed I couldn't get the ship at start without completing certain missions that would be fine, but giving the impression it was purchasable via the random bundles when in fact it was not is a consumer issue.

Refund the bundles and take back the flags, or give me the ship for the less than 1 bundle left of tokens I was to purchase.  For that matter, I didn't need to purchase the level 7 bundle as I got the Minnesota on like the 3rd or 4th random, so that's some $150 in dubloons wasted and well worth a consumer complaint for an unfair business practice.

The US standard BBs will be in the tech-tree in 0.9.11. This event just allows players early access before they are integrated into the tech-tree so this is like a "shakedown" or "sea trials" period to get used to them.

I haven't even unlocked the Kansas but there will be plenty of time to grind up the new line in the coming patches!

#anchorsaweigh

[SALVO]
Members
25,500 posts
27,483 battles
14 hours ago, Saxxonknight said:

You were never going to be able to get the tier 10 BB Vermont during part 1 of the new US BBs event.  The highest tier ship you could get is the tier 9 Minnesota.  You could get the perma camo for the Vermont, but frankly, I don't think that the amount of money that one would have had to spend to get enough of the tokens to buy it was worth it for a simple perma camo.

[SXXKT]
Members
52 posts
3,991 battles

For the sharpies that apparently cannot read either.

I don't have time to pore over the intricate details to calculate out that the point amount was a sham, I (foolishly) trusted Wargaming to be forthright and not pull a bait & switch..  Think I covered that, perhaps its incomprehensible to people with no job and time to play 30 games a day.  I play a handful of games a week, thats all I have time for.

Grinding is out of the question for the same reason.  Hence, I spent money to get what I don't have time to grind for free.  The advantage is I have other nice things as well like this battlewagon.  It serves me well for the 99% rest of my time.

20201009_184225.jpg

• Meh 1

[1984]
Members
4,316 posts
21,163 battles
21 hours ago, Saxxonknight said:

Why on earth would you spend money on a tech tree ship? If you have cash to spend buy premium time and Massachusetts, Georgia or any other premium ships, use your play time on those and eventually convert xp to free xp to buy whatever tech tree you want. The new is line is complete trash anyway but at least that way you arent getting hosed.

Sign in to follow this