You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Update 0.9.10 – American Battleships: Part 2

119 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,043 posts
14,445 battles

The second part of the American Battleships event, a new collection, and a new temporary battle type.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF6]
Members
200 posts
8,385 battles

Good luck completing that collection without buying the boxes. 16 items at a 4:1 exchange means you need to be extremely lucky with unique draws in order to finish and get that... XP piñata. 

Edited by Ghawain

[FRR]
Members
789 posts

The opportunity to exchange 12,500 Research Points for 250,000 Free XP in the Research Bureau didn't prove to be popular, so it will be removed.

And why should it be popular when it is even disadvantageous to the player?

:cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

The collection is a complete skip.

Yay for Vermont, ARP additions

The CV UI changes just highlight the stupidity of taking away control of the carrier.

The Shikishima camo is glorious.

What prat thought that people would do a 1mill Exp grind for 250k FXP?

"added new Naval Legends podcasts" - I have a dislike for anything like this that belongs on your game website, instead of cluttering and lagging up the Port and its already-too-many menus.

"The water settings have been updated in Port Fjords.." - As long as it looks better, but usually when you've updated something that worked fine, it becomes worse.

• Cool 4

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,020 battles
26 minutes ago, Kevinfish32 said:

I thought Flint, Black, and Neustrashimy would be coming back this patch.... Its been 6 months, has it not? 

I think the announcement said they would not be coming back for at least 6 months, not that they would be back in 6 months. You could be waiting a while.

[BUOY]
Members
1,104 posts
15,289 battles
24 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

Good luck completing that collection without buying the boxes. 16 items at a 4:1 exchange means you need to be extremely lucky with unique draws in order to finish and get that... XP piñata. 

If you pull 8/16 you're able to get OK with the available crates... 7 or less you'll have to wait.

[PVE]
Members
4,678 posts
20,617 battles
49 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The second part of the American Battleships event, a new collection, and a new temporary battle type.

Honestly, I just don't see very much innovation going on with your team, your gameplay or products:.......same things, over and over and over again. 

So, looks like less WoWs till Xmas and then, it's decision time.....   Can't see the value anymore; nor, anything of a "first world" effort going on here.  

I guess, the "Innovation Lamp" is out chief................  :fish_boom:

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
45 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

16 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

If you pull 8/16 you're able to get OK with the available crates... 7 or less you'll have to wait.

From the news page:

image.thumb.png.e035c14d059c737fd56eeeb77bbfdfb3.png

So yeah, you're guaranteed to get her eventually. I would favour a slightly earlier introduction, but this is very definitely a good thing. Brings my stress levels down a great deal. It also means that if I really want to, I can skip the directives for this entire patch and spam the Halloween mode to get free high-tier permacamos WITHOUT missing out on this ship.

I think the premium containers for this collection are going to drive some people absolutely nuts and leave their wallets battered and bleeding. The ability to purchase coal or FXP directly is not a line I like to see crossed.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Members
639 posts
61 battles
1 hour ago, Tyranoking2020 said:

Ok, so is anything major about CV's changing or not?

image.png.e9d9cbaadd4e1c5fb39d46ba1bfb8a23.png

image.thumb.png.d69419cb4cd6bf8a609dd2d74d7407b9.png

and

•  
  • Fixed an issue that caused the torpedo range of flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_84f55678325d4b492215390a7f0b430VIII August von Parseval's aircraft on the Minimap to not correspond with the technical specifications.
  • Fixed a transaction issue that occurred during the accelerated retraining of a Commander assigned to flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eV Kirov.
  • Fixed an issue that caused incorrect icons to be displayed for spotting aircraft and fighters on the Minimap.
  • Fixed an issue that caused German aircraft to slow down for too long when Engine Boost was used, and also to return to their cruising speed too quickly.
  • Fixed an issue that caused aircraft to take too much time to gain the required altitude to return to the aircraft carrier, due to which they received too much damage.
  • Fixed an issue that caused rockets and bombs to miss the reticle when an attack was carried out during the course of gaining altitude.
  • Fixed an issue that caused part of flag_Germany_18970d883c7758b53538983bd09standard_84f55678325d4b492215390a7f0b430X Manfred von Richthofen's deck armor thickness to make up 6 mm instead of 21 mm.
  • Fixed an issue that caused part of the barbette armor not to be present on flag_United_Kingdom_c1f75d7cca85dc4b4820standard_01624cacb82f39f77a4e677a7b9fdf4III Bellerophon and flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1d0cabf1997104fd727039ab9c098192IV Ishizuchi.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the "New" marker not to be displayed on the Collections tab in the Profile when a new collection element had been obtained.
  • The aircraft sound volume has been reduced in the Taranto Port.
  • Fixed the position of the Training mode in the battle type selection menu at high screen resolutions.
  • Updated the text in tooltips for squadrons and their consumables.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the aircraft HP indicator's color not to correspond with the aircraft HP.
  • Fixed a bug that made it possible to rearrange the aircraft carrier's consumables.

Be sure to read the small print at the bottom of the patch details.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/33375/

Edited by hateboat
  • Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,246 posts
9,733 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The ability to purchase coal or FXP directly is not a line I like to see crossed.

The ability to purchase (rather indirectly but nonetheless via money-based purchase) coal occurred with the Go Navy event a couple of years. Currently, though one can directly acquire coal and FXP via the Dunkirk containers.

Edited by DJC_499

[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
13 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

The ability to purchase (rather indirectly but nonetheless via money-based purchase) coal occurred with the Go Navy event a couple of years. Currently, though one can directly acquire coal and FXP via the Dunkirk containers.

Yeah, I remember GO NAVY. Someone bought his way to the Salem. 

I overlooked the Dunkirk premium containers; good catch.

Never had any need for them myself, since I finished that collection with non-premium boxes in the Armory with coal, so they were off my radar.

But some people WILL be saying "Oooh, these new premium containers have a chance for coal/FXP, and I can guarantee a new premium ship by buying enough of them!"

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,246 posts
9,733 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, I remember GO NAVY. Someone bought his way to the Salem. 

I overlooked the Dunkirk premium containers; good catch.

Never had any need for them myself, since I finished that collection with non-premium boxes in the Armory with coal, so they were off my radar.

But some people WILL be saying "Oooh, these new premium containers have a chance for coal/FXP, and I can guarantee a new premium ship by buying enough of them!"

I am interested to see how the ARP Yamato will be released and if it will be directly sold for "real" money????

[DVYJC]
Members
3,569 posts
8,240 battles

If you get all 41 containers for the collection, I believe you only need eight unique drops to be able to guarantee getting Oklahoma this update: 41 >= 8 unique drops + (8 * 4 duplicates)

Almost no one who gets all the containers will miss it, and a lot of people who don't get all the containers will get it.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

Members
3,436 posts
40,926 battles
1 hour ago, Tyranoking2020 said:

Ok, so is anything major about CV's changing or not?

Looks like they fixed the bugs with CVs. I don't know if that included the Hakuryu dive bombers not flying correctly in an attack run.  But we will see. That issue with misses was evident across the board.

As for additional updates........

No word on bomber dropped photon torpedoes for the Hakuryu. But that was an unreasonable request.  Maybe 3 bombers with a torpedo each that has good speed and long range. 25km, should do it.

.. meanwhile Missouri players are still quietly loading tomahawks, Mino players are keeping their daleks, Woosters are retaining their CWIS and rolling airframe missiles, and Russian cruisers refuse to off-load their goalkeepers. Stalingrad has added a new camo that makes it look like an island 🏝️ to keep CVs from finding it.

DDs are adding a camo that makes them look like water 💦. German BBs are adding a camo that makes them look like a bratwurst floating in the water.

The French, a camo that looks like a jar of Nutella.

Italian ships, a camo that looks like an anchovy.

RN, a camo that looks like a Loch Ness monster.

IJN, a camo that makes them look like Godzilla.

All to keep bombers off of them.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

Members
3,436 posts
40,926 battles
38 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

Theyre removing the fxp for rb option. Boo!

Maybe because of lack of interest. It was only useful if you wanted to finish a line you didn't reset, but wanted to finish quick. Like reset IJN DDs to finish a Russian cruiser line for example.

Otherwise, not very useful.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
12 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I am interested to see how the ARP Yamato will be released and if it will be directly sold for "real" money????

There were some people who were anticipating an ARP Yamato dockyard with ARP Maya as the mid-tier reward, but with Hizen confirmed as the dockyard ship your question once more becomes pertinent.

It would be interesting to see the "no Tier 10 sold directly for cash" rule broken for the first time (second if you count PR, but her availability was so limited and her no-grind price so expensive as to constitute a reasonable deterrent), but if that's what's going to happen then ARP Yamato is the most appropriate ship to do it with. Wargaming have stated very bluntly that not only is she a clone of the tech-tree ship, but she will be subject to all of the Tech-tree Yamato's buffs AND NERFS. 

Given that if you have enough elite XP you can convert it and buy your way to the tech-tree Yamato anyway, I think the potential for real harm is minimal.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
corrected a typo
  • Cool 1

[WKY13]
Members
548 posts
11,177 battles
3 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Maybe because of lack of interest. It was only useful if you wanted to finish a line you didn't reset, but wanted to finish quick. Like reset IJN DDs to finish a Russian cruiser line for example.

Nope. I used it to acquire .5M fxp for alaska. Was planning on using it for azuma, agir, and the rest. easier to me to grind up fun lines than to play the same ships over and over to maximize fxp

• Cool 1

[SCREW]
Members
19 posts
6,830 battles
5 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Resetting lines every time there was the 2x RB modifier and buying 250k fxp was the only way I got those 1mil fxp premiums

I wanted a friesland and now I have no way of getting one...

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1

Members
3,436 posts
40,926 battles
2 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

Nope. I used it to acquire .5M fxp for alaska. Was planning on using it for azuma, agir, and the rest. easier to me to grind up fun lines than to play the same ships over and over to maximize fxp

Maybe they will put a bigger payout. Like steel.... hmmmmmm. Hmmmmmm.

Members
3,436 posts
40,926 battles
Just now, awesome101_21x said:

Resetting lines every time there was the 2x RB modifier and buying 250k fxp was the only way I got those 1mil fxp premiums

You can get one, from a supercontainer or a Christmas container. I never bought that DD. It landed in my port from a daily supercontainer.

Sometimes I just go 3rd option and see what happens.

[FOXY]
Members
1,202 posts
5,484 battles
3 minutes ago, awesome101_21x said:

I mean you do..im almost to the Agir, but i dont use FXP for anything so to me its all a guaranteed "Eventually"

[BUOY]
Members
1,104 posts
15,289 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Given that if you have enough elite XP you can convert it and buy your way to the tech-tree Yamato anyway, I think the potential for real harm is minimal.

Honestly with WG going all in on monetizing the RB, allowing all flag stacking and doing away with credit sinks like premium consumables you could almost certainly do a T1-10 grind 'starting from scratch' with a fresh alt account over a casual weekend and the $100 pack of these 'Always Courageous' containers (unless you got exceptionally unlucky wrt dragon flag distribution).