You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kamchatka_Survivor

Is it me or has the Coop bots got more aggressive?

24 comments in this topic

[WPORT]
Members
6,689 posts
11,675 battles

It's refreshing to have the 'Bots leveling-up their game.
They're doing a better, especially at mid and upper tiers.

While they still have a ways to go, they never lack for courage.  :-)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,055 posts
26,109 battles

I think that the average quality of players in co-op has declined.  This may even be true in randoms.  

• Cool 1

[FRR]
Members
789 posts
1 hour ago, Kamchatka_Survivor said:

Bots seem to up their game.

As a Co-op player, I relish the thought of having to play against bots that know how to give humans a whacking. Co-op matches can quickly become boring and mind numbing with all the bots just charging head on. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
Supertester
1,338 posts
12,558 battles

No, they actually have become less aggressive due to pathing changes from what I've seen over the past few months. There always seems to be one cruiser or battleship crossing flanks rather than rushing forward. 

• Cool 2

[IRNBN]
Members
3,699 posts
10,762 battles
3 hours ago, Kamchatka_Survivor said:

DO YOU SEE TORPEDO BOATS?

Sorry, with that name I couldn't resist.

• Funny 1

Members
43 posts
7,690 battles

We are all doomed!

6 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I think that the average quality of players in co-op has declined.  This may even be true in randoms.  

4 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

DO YOU SEE TORPEDO BOATS?

Sorry, with that name I couldn't resist.

Members
615 posts
4,388 battles

The last couple of nights I saw the bots "swarming" in some matches, they seemed to be massing in the center of maps.  This was while I was bringing a couple of BBs lines up through the lower tiers 3 - 5, which made finding them easier, but it also made it easier for my teammates to sink.  You would think it would have been great for DDs, but it was hard to launch Torps without hitting friendly ships that just sailed into a mass of red ships to die. 

• Cool 1

Members
417 posts
16,162 battles

Co-op bots are playing more like random players doing more varieties of really stupid stuff. 

Scenario bots have become  more aggressive as a group and are much harder. 

Co-op bots have become better individually and have more variability in their actions but the team is easier to beat primarily because one bot or two bots will hang back near spawn or cross the map.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,414 posts
4,984 battles

I have gotten to where I eliminate bots and type "Bring more bots please..."

At some point the fight is going to need to get bigger and more intense otherwise it will be dropped like a used up Rubiks Cube in a few minutes.

• Cool 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,699 posts
10,762 battles
30 minutes ago, cmdr_bigdog said:

Co-op bots are playing more like random players doing more varieties of really stupid stuff.

The toasters get bored with the same old same old too, you know.

They're just slow learners.

• Cool 1

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

You know what irks me about bots?  It feels like every match they will angle to me and give the entire rest of my team broadside.  Super frustrating because I'm on the receiving end - if they wanted to angle my teammates and give ME broadside, I'd be all about it...just never seems to work out that way.  That turns every match into a close range joust - first to score the cits/torp hits wins.  Atago is pretty hilarious for this, as are most DD...GA is OK because of speed, secondaries and quick reload...but ships that rely on juicy broadsides or doing damage over time without big alpha?  No sense even playing those...

• Cool 1

[PTRGT]
Members
409 posts
50,524 battles

Bots are just like human players, some are potatoes, some are average or a little above average and some I swear are Terminators on water.

Wargaming drops them randomly into the co-op games. So some games you get more of the slow can't hit the water let alone a ship types, some games you get more of the shoot you in the face types.  Generally if the Humans play reasonably well or have 3 or 4 players who can carry a team you will win most games 

However once in a while you get stomped when you get a bunch of T2 bots are in the game.

Like the time I was taken out in my DD by a BB that shot me over 3 islands from 16 km away in the 1st minute of the game:cap_wander:

[WOLF5]
Members
1,246 posts
9,733 battles

A few weeks ago I perceived the bots were getting better and, in some cases, significantly better. But, during the last few days they have reverted to their retreating to the far corner of the map requiring a prolonged and time consuming chase.....

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
1,935 posts
12,463 battles
13 hours ago, Kamchatka_Survivor said:

I have a theory after watching the bots for a while, its that at times developers (or somebody, maybe QA) are playing as bots in coop.  I have seen ships doing human tactics in coop games.  The throttle flipping, hiding behind islands are just two of the things I have seen.  

• Cool 2

[PHD]
Members
219 posts
6,473 battles
13 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

As a Co-op player, I relish the thought of having to play against bots that know how to give humans a whacking. Co-op matches can quickly become boring and mind numbing with all the bots just charging head on. 

It can be a challenge when the green teams is mostly bots. More often the green bots tend to suck. I had a battle where I was the only human and had the Pommern and scored over 220,000 damage and 7 ships sunk and a victory. In another where I was the only one (with a Pommern) and scored 189,000 damage and sunk 4 ships and lost because all the green bots were sunk quickly.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,651 posts
16 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Yup- it's the yolo suicide torp rush meta.   If a ship has torpedoes, this becomes the default way to play it for so many...    An after effect of all the things that drove so many DD players out of Randoms, and the constant flood of Get X kills; 1299 torpedo hits;  set 542 fires; be in the top 5 of the team 98 times, etc.  That are so much easier to do in Co-op.

The extra short games also mean you essentially have to play as stupidly as possible to get any damage or kills before the reds are wiped out.  

I've also noticed a real uptick in hiding in the back, too.

For the OP:

I've found the bot behavior/aggression to be cyclical.    Sometimes you get the toasters, sometimes you get Skynet.    It's always seemed to trend more towards the latter, the more days in a row I play.   If I take a day or 2 off,  they reset to DURRRRRR....

And then there's the run away!  and oblivious bots- those who completely ignore players in favor of  going after caps, or that one DD wayyyy over there.   Those drive me nuts, lol.  " HEY!!!! Come back here, you!!  We're not done fighting yet!!"

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,754 posts
26,084 battles
On 10/27/2020 at 2:52 AM, GandalfTehGray said:

No, they actually have become less aggressive due to pathing changes from what I've seen over the past few months. There always seems to be one cruiser or battleship crossing flanks rather than rushing forward. 

Yes there is always at least one going across the map at the rear. Also seen a few turning in cap and heading back where they came from. Their ability to score a fire on their first salvo  secondary hit is still  quite remarkable.

• Cool 1