Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Simple request

14 comments in this topic

[1813]
Members
369 posts
11,385 battles

Please delete Operation Newport Station. Simply put I HATE IT ! I avoid it like Covid-19

Must a way to play any other Op. anytime ? Why not ? WG could do it, not rocket science ?

I tried in division but I end up waiting forever, does not work

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
6,939 posts
22,691 battles
1 hour ago, 3r22r said:

Please delete Operation Newport Station. Simply put I HATE IT ! I avoid it like Covid-19

Must a way to play any other Op. anytime ? Why not ? WG could do it, not rocket science ?

I think you need to have at least 4 players in the div to change Ops.

There is a Hoperations group that will let people join them for doing alternate Ops...especially when that 1 is the OP of the week as you are not the only 1 that hates it.

[1813]
Members
369 posts
11,385 battles
26 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I think you need to have at least 4 players in the div to change Ops.

There is a Hoperations group that will let people join them for doing alternate Ops...especially when that 1 is the OP of the week as you are not the only 1 that hates it.

At least bring back Op. Dunkerque, that was fun, as for Newport I really hate its guts and whoever lightbulb that came up with this crap.

WG should let US choose whatever Op. we want to play, are we not the customers ??? Its called Customer service 101, don't think WG knows about that.

I work in the hotel business and I know what happens when guests are not happy...

PS. Where can I find this Operation Group ?

Edited by 3r22r
Add item

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,015 posts

I agree with OP.  Everyone hates the thing.  Remove it or fix it so it's reasonably doable for a random group.

[1813]
Members
369 posts
11,385 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I agree with OP.  Everyone hates the thing.  Remove it or fix it so it's reasonably doable for a random group.

Do they ever listen ??? ever ???

I want to play Arai more often

Edited by 3r22r
Add item

[PVE]
Members
6,939 posts
22,691 battles
5 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

Probably in General Game Discussion (where you posted this) in the PVE section...but not sure.

I used to be able to name at least a dozen players that were part of the group but they also used to post a lot more about it before the Ops economy got nerfed...for some reason I can't think of a single player right off the bat (except 1 person that just made a post about taking a break from the game for awhile...figures).

Doh...actually...I think Burnsy is either a member or has at least maybe run w/them before...but not sure...

6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Hoperations? You got the skinny on them Burnsy?

[WPORT]
Members
6,670 posts
11,641 battles

I think Defense of Naval Station Newport is a wonderful test of a player's mettle.  
And it is a great target-rich environment to earn credits in.
I say keep it in the game and add more operations, both those on hiatus and new operations as well.

Learn to say, "Challenge Accepted!"  :-)

[POP]
Members
4,659 posts
12,402 battles
43 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

WG should let US choose whatever Op. we want to play

You already can choose whatever op you want to play, as long as you have a division to play it. That way you're guaranteed to have a battle rather than waiting in queue for minutes if not hours like you would be if there was no division requirement and you had to wait for other people to pick the same op with compatible ships (both tier and type).

45 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

Here's a link to the Hoperations discord (https://discord.gg/fzqyrK). They're mostly active in the evenings in the US, and if there's a group running (or you get enough people to start one) they'll tend to rotate through ops depending on what the players want. After the numerous ops economic changes, they're not as active as they once were, but there's still a group running at least a few nights a week.

Members
661 posts
3 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I dont hate it.  I do hate 80+% of the CV players flying around spamming torpedos at the begininng of a wave and accomplish nothing but delaying the wave getting into gun range..  

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
615 posts
5,498 battles
10 hours ago, 3r22r said:

No. The last thing we need is ANOTHER op going away. 

[SALVO]
Members
5,314 posts
4,556 battles
12 hours ago, 3r22r said:

10 hours ago, Burnsy said:

At first I didn't liked it, so much fail... but it has grown on me overtime to the point I don't avoid it anymore, just don't play it on weekends. 

Ship selection is critical, you need lots of dakka, it can be done with 3 solid players in the team so if you can "enlist" a couple of capable friends it becomes very feasible. 

[ARGSY]
Members
21,677 posts
15,723 battles

By a coincidence, in another thread @skull_122_steel is looking for divmates with whom to flog Operation Aegis to death, and has a very similar opinion of Newport to yours.

IMHO Newport is an operation for an organized  division that knows exactly what it's doing, combined with a couple of newcomers who can be given a successful (at least four star) run through under guidance, so that they learn what they have to do and when with experienced players who can pick up the slack if the newcomers make an oopsie. 

You haven't played Newport until you've played it with a good team. Then it becomes merely a challenge instead of WOWS's equivalent of Passchendaele.

Members
1,006 posts
2,384 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You haven't played Newport until you've played it with a good team.

thing is I have, back when Ops were new to the game I played Newport and I loved it, easy 4-5 star every run. the problem with it now is the Randoms don't seem to get that you have to leave the boarder and go to the enemy if you want to win. that's how we did it in the old days anyways

[ARGSY]
Members
21,677 posts
15,723 battles
Just now, skull_122_steel said:

thing is I have, back when Ops were new to the game I played Newport and I loved it, easy 4-5 star every run.

I suspect what happened is that the best players all divved up and spam-farmed Narai and Dynamo off rotation over and over again when both were available (or Cherry Blossom if they had the right ships), and that took out the leavening from the Newport teams. You had a lower probability after that of running into a "random" team which included one or more people who'd done it before and could handle their part with an edge that made the difference. 

Sign in to follow this