Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RogueLeader521

NA Server Authorization

4 comments in this topic

[PRIC]
Members
1 post
1,581 battles

i am pretty sure i am not the one one having this issue but the only way i can get get past the authorization screen is to disable my firewalls even thou i have it set up so the game can go through them. does anyone know of another fix besides disabling the firewalls?

[WORX]
Members
11,451 posts
19,196 battles
2 minutes ago, RogueLeader521 said:

i am pretty sure i am not the one one having this issue but the only way i can get get past the authorization screen is to disable my firewalls even thou i have it set up so the game can go through them. does anyone know of another fix besides disabling the firewalls?

Nope, that is what a fire wall does... It restricts DL access. IF you're afraid because the these "firewall" companies sell you fear, to where they convince people to buy their product. Then There is nothing in game setting to do anymore.

IMO, these companies are known to create files to make false positive attacks. That is where they make their money in the fear of their consumers.

Now, do you really need a anti-virus firewall protection? Depends. For playing WOWS, nope never...

So the choice is yours really.

[LOU1]
Members
4,207 posts
12,359 battles

It is often the upload from the WGC that causes issues.  WGC uploads error/status reports and I believe the scan of what mods you are using when you log in.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,428 posts
4,198 battles

WGC often talks to servers in Russia (Russian company after all). However a lot of firewalls don't like that and block it. Either disable the firewall or create a permanent exception. The problem with the exception route is WGC might not ping the same server every single time.

I just have the standard windows firewall and have never had an issue, despite using some very Russian sites/servers for ST. So likely you just have an over zealous firewall.

Sign in to follow this