Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Bingo

US BB in Slo-Mo

7 comments in this topic

[ICEY]
Members
190 posts
5,104 battles

But seriously, I find that the playstyle of the boat is quite interesting to me. I feel that Kansas could use some buffs but its not like its complete garbage. I find that the slow speed and long reload forces me to think more carefully before I shoot or commit to a flank. I find that the aspect that I enjoy the most about this ship is the anticipation that builds up while you fire that broadside hoping for some big damage number. Surprisingly I wasn't too disappointed most of the time. Not a lot of citadels but I rack up a lot of damage from normal pens.

Edited by Admiral_Bingo
  • Cool 2

Members
3,797 posts
13,737 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

But seriously, I find that the playstyle of the boat is quite interesting to me. I feel that Kansas could use some buffs but its not like its complete garbage. I find that the slow speed and long reload forces me to think more carefully before I shoot or commit to a flank. I find that the aspect that I enjoy the most about this ship is the anticipation that builds up while you fire that broadside hoping for some big damage number. Surprisingly I wasn't too disappointed most of the time. Not a lot of citadels but I rack up a lot of damage from normal pens.

Yah, I figured for those willing to attempt them. They will make you a better player. They force you to plan ahead, use the minimap, position properly, and have better situational awareness. But for alot of players, I figured theyd just find them boring. 

[TXGUN]
Beta Testers
3,219 posts
26,847 battles

I'm skipping that new us BB line way too slow for me .................

[WOLF3]
Members
28,139 posts
24,488 battles
1 hour ago, MollyGodiva said:

All US BBs are slo-mo.

North Carolina

Alabama

Massachusetts

Massachusetts-B

Iowa

Missouri

Georgia

Montana

Ohio

... Disrespectfully disagree with you.

Members
124 posts
5 hours ago, Admiral_Bingo said:

I feel that Kansas could use some buffs. I find that the slow speed and long reload forces me to think more carefully before I shoot or commit to a flank. I find that the aspect that I enjoy the most about this ship is the anticipation that builds up while you fire that broadside hoping for some big damage number. Surprisingly I wasn't too disappointed most of the time. Not a lot of citadels but I rack up a lot of damage from normal pens.

The slow speed and long reload are not a problem for me - I can work around that.   Your results firing on broadside targets is better than mine.   My Kansas will just not punish broadside targets at 8km away the same way my Colorado, North Carolina, or Massachusetts will.   ( or any other BB will for that matter, lol )   I am often just getting 1 to 4k of damage.  I am hearing so many other Kansas players saying the same thing.

Not sure if it was the intention to make it worse than Colorado.  But I can not delete or pound broadside targets at 8km to 12km in Kansas the way I can in Colorado or West Virginia - and Kansas has 4 more 16in guns . . . 

If they buff the dispersion of the Guns so that you can punish broadside targets and can get citadels like any other BB can, than that will be good.   Then the Ship will be ok. 

Edited by jones_farragut_nimitz

Sign in to follow this