You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Kidd_

The end of a great game WoWS

64 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
113 posts
17,810 battles

My IJN Mogami  using  AA "O" command,  Defensive AA fire, Fighter and AA (NES) flag when from full Health to sunk in 3 passes of Attack Aircraft from a Tier X M.Richthofen. (CV lost only 4 attack)

Sad fact this is what Carriers do, it is why there are no more Battleships, Cruisers or Destroyers. And before you disagree these ships are just small or bigger Anti-air and anti-sub platforms to protect the Carrier.

WG you wonder why you cannot get more players,  who would recommend such heartache.

Edited by Cpt_Kidd_
  • Cool 17
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 1

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
16,000 battles
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

My IJN Mogami  using  AA "O" command,  Defensive AA fire, Fighter and AA (NES) flag when from full Health to sunk in 3 passes of Attack Aircraft from a Tier X M.Richthofen. (CV lost only 4 attack)

Sad fact this is what Carriers do, it is why there are no more Battleships, Cruisers or Destroyers. And before you disagree these ships are just small or bigger Anti-air and anti-sub platforms to protect the Carrier.

WG you wonder why you can get more players,  who would recommend such heartache.

Bottom tier cruiser with weak AA (no matter how much you buff it) against a top tier carrier no doubt driving off alone wonders why it was food for rocket planes designed to kill cruisers with massive citadels like IJN. Next time, don’t drive alone, and try not to present a flat broadside to AP rockets. Adapt to the situation to do the best you can with what you have. Sailing broadside to a Montana wouldnt have taken 3 passes to delete you. 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 13

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
4 minutes ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

Got a replay?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
8 minutes ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

it is why there are no more Battleships, Cruisers or Destroyers.

Um, what? :Smile_amazed:

[FOXY]
Members
1,203 posts
5,522 battles
4 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Bottom tier cruiser with weak AA (no matter how much you buff it) against a top tier carrier no doubt driving off alone wonders why it was food for rocket planes designed to kill cruisers with massive citadels like IJN. Next time, don’t drive alone, and try not to present a flat broadside to AP rockets. Adapt to the situation to do the best you can with what you have. Sailing broadside to a Montana wouldnt have taken 3 passes to delete you. 

Or one with them citadel hits..

They arent wrong though, i wont play in randoms due to carriers. I had my fill at lower tiers and the joy of not having AA at all is against two carriers. A good carrier player is the most unfun thing to play against, IMO.

Edited by Princess_Daystar
  • Cool 4

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
1 minute ago, SilverPhatShips said:

Why it's not unbelievable....

Not saying it was it's just that I'd like to see the interaction between CVs and surface ships from another perspective than my own. I can't even recall the last time I was sunk by a CV.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,653 posts
11,735 battles

And far too little information to build a clear picture.    Out by your lonesome?    Did you "FIRE EVERYTHING" at the first approach of planes (with a smart CV driver baiting players into expending the boosts before fully attacking)?

And frankly, it's a matter of perspective.   I could write a post that says "CVs  Why worry, since they rarely come attack me?"      Frankly, that's true.  It's rare when a CV takes a bead on me.   I don't group up in an AA ball, but I'm not out on the outskirts.   Whether I'm in a cruiser or BB, I see a plane fly over, but rarely do they spend an entire flight on just my ship.   Maybe if I'm one of the few left, and posing a threat.   But hey.... I expect planes at that point.

That's not to say that CVs can't be dangerous.   They can be.   But not every Yamato will devstrike with every volley.   The same goes with CVs...  A really good driver will bait you into expending your AA boosts.   Or commit you to a turn in/out before adjusting their attack.   But just as many (if not more) are less effective.

You win some, you lose some.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,075 posts
20 minutes ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

And before you disagree these ships are just small or bigger Anti-air and anti-sub platforms to protect the Carrier.

CV's don't need additional air protection from surface ships.  They have some of the best AA in the game.  A CV can kill another CV but it's going to cost them a large amount of planes and it's going to take most of the game.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,800 posts
9,354 battles
11 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Um, what? :Smile_amazed:

I think he's going all RL on us....

• Cool 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
11 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I have to agree with this.

I am not a CV main by any means but when I play my German CVs, I can say without a doubt that all it takes is just a little bit of situational awareness to angle against a AP rocket attack to render that attack almost useless.   The only time I can land those attacks on a cruiser is if they are completely distracted and not paying attention at all.

Also, aside from FDR, which is broken as hell, the AA of 2-3 ships can put a hurting on any CV attack so like in real life, you need to support one another as a team when dealing with a CV.  If you so solo, you risk getting picked on by the CV.  However, from personal experience, if I am demonstrating that I am actively trying to counter a CV dropping on me, 9 times out of 10, they don't return for a second attack.  Instead they good look for someone with tunnel vision, NOT COUNTERING because that next them a whole lot more damage.

Generally speaking, AGAIN ASIDE FROM THE FDR, a ship getting picked on by a CV is often the fault of the ship being picked on.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

CV's don't need additional air protection from surface ships.  They have some of the best AA in the game.  A CV can kill another CV but it's going to cost them a large amount of planes and it's going to take most of the game.

You are also forgetting about the simple fact that there are quite a lot of targets much closer and easier to reach than the enemy CV.  I mean why fly all the way across the map when you can fly only half way across the map and attack and enemy BB?  In fact, your going to potentially do twice the damage against that much closer BB than you would the CV just due to flight time alone.  

CVs don't attack CVs because it just don't make sense to attack CVs when you have closer targets, it is simple as that. 

[SALVO]
Members
5,391 posts
4,595 battles
15 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

Out of 12 enemies, how did the CV pick you?

well... low tier IJN AA level, juicy big citadel, probably playing flanker (that's where you want to go with that ship at that tier)... there's NO reason for not picking him... unless he parks near his CV goes for a sandwich the first 6-7 minutes of the match...

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
8,075 posts
16 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

You are also forgetting about the simple fact that there are quite a lot of targets much closer and easier to reach than the enemy CV.  I mean why fly all the way across the map when you can fly only half way across the map and attack and enemy BB?  In fact, your going to potentially do twice the damage against that much closer BB than you would the CV just due to flight time alone.  

CVs don't attack CVs because it just don't make sense to attack CVs when you have closer targets, it is simple as that. 

Taking the red CV out of the game does give your team an advantage.  That's why everyone switches to the red CV if it pops up in range.

CVs don't attack other CVs because WG designed them to make it VERY inefficient to do so.  Not due to the distance away, but due to the low damage caused between the super effective AA and near constant, automatic, flood and fire control.

In the old RTS CVs, CV sniping decided who won and lost the match, in the first few minutes of the match, very often.  WG didn't want that happening anymore, so they made it so that CVs have a really difficult time sinking each other.

If it was still possible to nuke a CV down quickly, with a CV, we would still do that.  The flight time isn't what is stopping us, it's the little damage that gets through and sticks to the target, as well as the plane cost to do it.

[KOBK]
Members
352 posts
4,578 battles
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Taking the red CV out of the game does give your team an advantage.  That's why everyone switches to the red CV if it pops up in range.

CVs don't attack other CVs because WG designed them to make it VERY inefficient to do so.  Not due to the distance away, but due to the low damage caused between the super effective AA and near constant, automatic, flood and fire control.

In the old RTS CVs, CV sniping decided who won and lost the match, in the first few minutes of the match, very often.  WG didn't want that happening anymore, so they made it so that CVs have a really difficult time sinking each other.

If it was still possible to nuke a CV down quickly, with a CV, we would still do that.  The flight time isn't what is stopping us, it's the little damage that gets through and sticks to the target, as well as the plane cost to do it.

I do CV hunting with my Midway. I lost some Rockets and torpedo, but the mayor issue is that i feel my team cannot survive by themselves when im sinking the red cv...i sink the red cv in the first 5-7 min of the game and my team is in the verge of death...so it doesnt look like worth

However, referring to the op, it was clearly a juicy target for the average cv player. Without further info, doesnt look like op at all.

[SALVO]
Members
5,391 posts
4,595 battles
13 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

a ship getting picked on by a CV is often the fault of the ship being picked on.

The CV always has to pick on someone, so someone is usually at fault... is it like that?

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
8,075 posts
5 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

I do CV hunting with my Midway. I lost some Rockets and torpedo, but the mayor issue is that i feel my team cannot survive by themselves when im sinking the red cv...i sink the red cv in the first 5-7 min of the game and my team is in the verge of death...so it doesnt look like worth

However, referring to the op, it was clearly a juicy target for the average cv player. Without further info, doesnt look like op at all.

Correct.  You can get back there faster with faster planes, the GZ, Indomitable, etc.  It cuts down on the flight time a lot so that's not the issue and if it was just flight time, those fast plane CVs would be gods at taking out the red CV quickly.  It's what it costs you to do it, due to the AA.  Few planes of what you send out, actually do damage.  Going around with a squad and having a second run, is very problematic.  By the time you actually kill the thing, you don't have much time or resources left to work with to capitalize on the advantage that you created.

At any rate, if it's one thing CVs do not need from surface ships, it's more AA.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,700 posts
7,112 battles

Showing broadside to  MVR attack planes 3 times in a row,  in a T8 cruiser,  nets you about exactly the same results as showing broadside to a t10 BB or CA...   Well you probably won't make it two volleys from the BB?   Angle towards Attack planes...  always, always always.....   

• Boring 1

Members
874 posts
1,274 battles
1 hour ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

it is why there are no more Battleships

Are you sure? There is one just ~10 km from where I live. Even has this random sign on a bridge saying "oh yeah, there's a BB off to your left"

[SALVO]
Members
5,391 posts
4,595 battles
1 minute ago, iRA6E said:

Angle towards Attack planes...  always, always always.....   

even when it implies giving broadside to the enemy ship you are engaging... 

• Cool 2

[W-P-E]
Members
321 posts
23,658 battles

This morning my Kansas earned dev strike and first blood from 1st salvo to an Ibuki.  How's that compare to CV?

ibuki.thumb.jpg.56b1721e15b7005d26cac5337c3e8453.jpg

• Haha 1

[ANZ4C]
Members
201 posts
7,289 battles
1 hour ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

WG you wonder why you cannot get more players,  who would recommend such heartache.

Only problem in this scenario exists between your chair and your keyboard.

If it had been a BB or a CA that bitchslapped you like that, you wouldn't be here complaining about it.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1