You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Without Premium Time, How Much Of A Difference Do Special Economics Flags Make?

9 comments in this topic

[STW-N]
Members
4,168 posts
9,873 battles

I have a couple hundred of every type of special economics flag (red dragon, hydra, etc.) in my inventory, which normally I don't use until I get some premium time.

The vast majority of my non-elite ships (barring CVs, Visby, Guepard, and Devonshire) are at tier 7/8.

Normally I'd just casually grind them at my own pace, but because I estimate I have about 2 months left in WoWs (don't ask why) my incentive to hoard special flags has decreased significantly.

Without premium time, is it worth it to run the special economic flags to speed up the tech tree grinds?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,932 posts
11 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I have a couple hundred of every type of special economics flag (red dragon, hydra, etc.) in my inventory, which normally I don't use until I get some premium time.

The vast majority of my non-elite ships (barring CVs, Visby, Guepard, and Devonshire) are at tier 7/8.

Normally I'd just casually grind them at my own pace, but because I estimate I have about 2 months left in WoWs (don't ask why) my incentive to hoard special flags has decreased significantly.

Without premium time, is it worth it to run the special economic flags to speed up the tech tree grinds?

If you are leaving the game and you aren't going to purchase premium time, what else are you going to do with them?

Honestly if I was going to leave the game (for good), I would just leave.  No point in "grinding" for something you are never going to use again.

• Cool 2

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Premium time only gives I think a 50% bonus to XP so in the grand scheme of how much XP boosts you can get form the special flags, it is pretty small potatoes.  That being the case, I would expect you would still get to within 20% of what you would have gotten with premium time and flags.

As to your particular situation, why not use them?  I mean if you plan on playing a couple more months and the goal it to get to a couple ships you haven't had the opportunity to play prior to leaving the game for good, then the flags will get you there much faster than without them and once you leave, they just go to waste anyway.

[WOLFG]
Members
627 posts
13,820 battles
49 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

50% bonus to XP

The specific WoWS premium time gives 65% XP bonus and 50% more credits, plus the ability to do three campaign missions at once instead of two.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
15 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

The specific WoWS premium time gives 65% XP bonus and 50% more credits, plus the ability to do three campaign missions at once instead of two.

Yeah I couldn't remember what the actual bonus was.   As to how everything works, I think it goes something like this.

1000 base XP earned w/o premium.  + 65% extra with premium so 1650 w/premium

Then Add the flags and camos:

Equal Speed Charlie London 50% = 500 XP w/o premium,   825 w/premium

Red Dragon  100% XP = 1000 XP w/o premium, 1650 w/premium

Hydra 50% XP = 500 XP w/o premium, 825 w/premium

Basilisk 75% XP = 750 XP w/o premium, 1237 w/premium

Scylla 50% XP = 500 XP w/o premium,  825 w/premium

Leviathan 50% XP = 500 XP w/o premium, 825 w/premium

Frost Fir Tree Camo 100% XP = 1000 XP w/o premium,  1650 w/premium

The result is:

5,750 XP earn without Premium

9,487 XP earned with Premium

Honestly I guess the results are much more different than I expected.  Still your going to be earning quite a bit more XP with all the flags if you use them.

[TOBA]
Members
50 posts
4,303 battles
2 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Premium gives +65% XP and +50% credit. So flags are 65% better at earning XP and 50% better at earning credit when you have premium.

If you want to see actual numbers, post battle report gives a side by side breakdown of what everything is adding with and without premium.

So is it worth it to run flags without premium? That's up to you. For myself, I use MORE economic flags when I have premium time but I also use some when I don't - mostly when I am playing ops where I can expect to have high base values for xp and credits.

Edited by BitCrushed

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Premium time or not signals offer improved rewards.

The benefits are listed in the description of every signal.

Some examples include 20% credits, some are 50-100% xp, some are 333- 777% captain or free xp.

You can stack them how you like.

Premium time is like a full time signal that also stacks.

Similarly, different camo's have different economic benefits that also stacks with signals and premium time.

Edited by thebigblue

[WOLFG]
Members
30,610 posts
9,250 battles
3 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Sure, why not?

The signals give the same percentage bonus, you're just working off 33% less XP to start with.

[HAI]
Members
74 posts
4,538 battles

It's vastly beneficial to have premium time when using them because premium time is a final separate modifier.  All the economic signals, camos, and special signals for xp are additive, but then the premium time is an extra 65% on the whole total you get.