You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

The Virtual Fleet Week — Highlight Reel

18 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,535 battles

In the face of the global pandemic, we partnered up with Verizon and historic museum ships to preserve the navy culture and honor U.S veterans through a virtual celebration.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 4

[-DZ-]
Alpha Tester
38 posts
9,212 battles

Wargaming you need to change the name of the game to " World of Advertising " :Smile_hiding: that's all it is anymore Transformers, to Verizon who's next ??? Now we just need a Verizon Camo !!  Marketing, Marketing, Marketing !!!!  :cap_horn:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,832 posts
22,726 battles
1 hour ago, Airjockey said:

Wargaming you need to change the name of the game to " World of Advertising " :Smile_hiding: that's all it is anymore Transformers, to Verizon who's next ??? Now we just need a Verizon Camo !!  Marketing, Marketing, Marketing !!!!  :cap_horn:

There's already V.I. Lenin so there's already a phone company skin in the game.

• Funny 1

[HANK3]
Members
37 posts
1,753 battles

As the recipient of a free ship and free WoWS premium I am not complaining about the partnership with Verizon.  In fact, I had said a couple in the forums that I thought WG should so something a little more for veterans, and I am glad they did.  Besides, this is not just about Verizon.  Partners also include Wounded Warrior Project and several navel history partnerships.  The movies cost money, people watch them and comment, they are obviously liked.  It benefits us when WG partners in something like Virtual Fleet Week.  And yes, I will gladly take a month or three of free Premium.  I already pay to play each month (because I want to) and have bought a few premium ships (some I've been happy with, one or two not so much).  There's not enough time to grind the dockyard, so I'll take a free ship from a commercial partnership thank you very much.

Thank you WG and Verizon.

[CRF]
Members
1,090 posts
9,530 battles

I generally support the Wounded Warrior Project, but they have had some issues with financial irregularities recently, including one of the officers taking some liberties with how the money was spent on personal items.  Still, will try to participate...

[USCC1]
Members
22 posts
37,876 battles

USS MISSOURI should be part of fleet week.  Did WoW reach out to the USS MISSOURI Memorial Association?

https://ussmissouri.org/#

The National Park Service should have been contacted for USS ARIZONA to be part of Fleet Week. 

Banned
53 posts
20 battles

Wounded Warriors Project partnership
Wounded Warrior Project provides free, life-changing services in mental health, career counseling, and long-term rehabilitative care.

Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, WWP saw an increase in mental health services referrals and have adapted many of their programs to virtual settings to connect with warriors and their families.

From Nov 9th to Dec 6th our goal is to raise $75,000 to provide one mental health therapy session for 500 injured veterans in need. WWP values every donation, big or small because each contribution helps them make a life-changing difference in a warrior’s life.

The first step towards achieving the goal would be to raise $22,000 during the stream. Let’s show up for our veterans and their families.

I applaud anything done for the benefit towards people in need but I recall a few months ago wargaming donated $400,000 towards a $52,000,000 ship restoration.

Now I am all for preserving history but $400,000 for ship restoration vs $75,000 to pay for 1 therapy session for 500 veterans.

What is one therapy session going to do?

Can the money not be used for something better like a one time payment towards a new wheelchair or walker or an oxygen system or grip bars in the washrooms as just a few examples and the single most important thing, to ensure that 100% of the money is utilized for the veterans and none of it is used in any kinds of fees, taxes, consultations, salaries and or expenses.

[HEROS]
Members
2,089 posts
18,873 battles

Living on San Francisco bay I've witnessed many a Fleet Week.   It has diminished in recent years after the Navy pretty much pulled out of the bay area here, and has become more of an international affair with visiting warships from all over the world.    We always give them a warm welcome.   But...with out weapons fire!  (some one would be bound to get upset!).    Considering the history of the bay area, well, we've never quite gotten over being just a touch navy mad.

I'll be watching. 

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,832 posts
22,726 battles

I would request a replay of this (file for wows) be made available. It would be nice to click on the file and watch the whole parade whenever I want to. 

• Cool 1

[TFFOX]
Members
1,136 posts
4,378 battles
17 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Living on San Francisco bay I've witnessed many a Fleet Week.   It has diminished in recent years after the Navy pretty much pulled out of the bay area here, and has become more of an international affair with visiting warships from all over the world.    We always give them a warm welcome.   But...with out weapons fire!  (some one would be bound to get upset!).    Considering the history of the bay area, well, we've never quite gotten over being just a touch navy mad.

I'll be watching. 

i'm a few hours south of SF, been wanting to go to fleet week for years, but I always seem to have SOMETHING planned! :Smile_sad:

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
955 posts
11,863 battles
4 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I would request a replay of this (file for wows) be made available. It would be nice to click on the file and watch the whole parade whenever I want to. 

This please!!   This is during working hours for some of  us and also I'd like to share with friends who aren't necessarily playing this game.  Yet.  

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
152 posts
4,457 battles

Sorry I missed it shipmates I was coming back from a road trip.