Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Really Getting Fed Up With " In Game Currency For Flags" Miraculously Some How Activated To Doubloons

26 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,915 posts
23,602 battles

Just came out of a battle in Nagato  only to find the after action report saying I have had to pay Doubloons for flags, considering I always unchecked so I don't have to pay for Flags or camo strange this.

This seems to happen quite a bit most times I catch it before games start.

Not only that despite WG announcing that they would stop " the in game currency default to be checked for doubloons " every time I unlock and buy a ship then precede to put camo"s and flags on said ship then hit enable it always defaults to checked.

There have been a number of posts and threads on this subject and I can remember at least 2 WG Reps replying to this that it would be fixed however it still has not been.   

• Cool 3

[RBMK2]
Members
4,488 posts
20,678 battles

Yeah I'm gonna disgusted that its always on by default 

If we want to click it on we will click it on don't make that option for us

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

WG announcing that they would stop " the in game currency default to be checked for doubloons "

Your real problem seems to be that you're so critically short of doubloon-charged flags and/or camos that you're constantly running out. THAT'S why you're having to pay. 

• Meh 8

[WOLFG]
Members
10,468 posts
9,773 battles

WG says it is because people complain that there are too many clicks required in the game.

Want to leave battle?  Have to click away.

Want to exit the game?  Have to click away.

Want to go through on of the umpteen different events going on?  Have to click away.  Same with campaigns.

Want WG to raid your doubloon stash?  Don't worry, WG will make that easy.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,669 posts

It's not WG's fault if you don't check to see what consumables you have on autopay. It only takes a couple of seconds to do this before a match. Think of this as a learning experience for real life. For instance, most free software that you download will automatically opt in to installment of 2nd-party "deals" such as web browsers, search apps, anti-malware suites, and email subscriptions -- it is incumbent on you to be wary and opt out of these before you click "download.'

• Meh 3

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Your real problem seems to be that you're so critically short of doubloon-charged flags and/or camos that you're constantly running out. THAT'S why you're having to pay. 

The problem is bad human-centered design. If I have an option and select it I should never have to select it again. Deselecting the flag to pay with currency should never be rechecked but it is. No matter how many flags or Type 59 cammo I have I should not have to worry that some patch or new session will change my decision. WG handles this quite well with port filters and other places. They don't choose to do so because it gets them some income. They don't care how irritating it is to the player.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

No matter how many flags or Type 59 cammo I have I should not have to worry that some patch or new session will change my decision.

I have never, EVER had a problem with the decision changing on its own from patch to patch. I never had it with premium consumables dubs/credits when that was a thing, and I'm not having it with flags. 

Occasionally I'll fail to take the fancy stuff off when I go into co-op or put it back when I go into Randoms, but that's on me.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles
50 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It's not WG's fault if you don't check to see what consumables you have on autopay. It only takes a couple of seconds to do this before a match. Think of this as a learning experience for real life. For instance, most free software that you download will automatically opt in to installment of 2nd-party "deals" such as web browsers, search apps, anti-malware suites, and email subscriptions -- it is incumbent on you to be wary and opt out of these before you click "download.'

31 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Use the "stingy by default" option on modstation, problem solved.

10 minutes ago, Nickhasarrived said:

I agree with HamAndCheez above, get wows modstation (https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/modstation/) and click the stingy by default option if you don't want to repeat this in the future.

image.thumb.png.966706ccbf25ce674254810f54f8d060.png

If it can be modded it can be implemented in the client. Why hasn't it? Surely if it affects players pocketbooks it would be a higher priority enhancement. They could have fixed it when they provided us the "demount all" button.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles
2 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Why hasn't it?

In my opinion? Because WG treats its playerbase as intelligent people who will notice these things and turn them on or off as appropriate. 

Either that or it's been left as is to teach people a lesson that inattention to detail has consequences.

• Boring 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have never, EVER had a problem with the decision changing on its own from patch to patch. I never had it with premium consumables dubs/credits when that was a thing, and I'm not having it with flags. 

Occasionally I'll fail to take the fancy stuff off when I go into co-op or put it back when I go into Randoms, but that's on me.

We agree to disagree then. I have a BIG problem with my selections being changed.

Reinstall your client and you will really see persisted settings and feel their impact. You lose your minimap settings, your carousel settings in port, etc. WG can make it easier but they won't.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In my opinion? Because WG treats its playerbase as intelligent people who will notice these things and turn them on or off as appropriate. 

Either that or it's been left as is to teach people a lesson that inattention to detail has consequences.

Again, making it easier for the players should be the goal. WG should not be "teaching lessons" to its players. 

And it absolutely has nothing to do with intelligence - don't get insulting, please.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

We agree to disagree then. I have a BIG problem with my selections being changed.

Reinstall your client and you will really see persisted settings and feel their impact. You lose your minimap settings, your carousel settings in port, etc. WG can make it easier but they won't.

I did a complete reinstall recently.  It was nothing to come here and complain about.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I did a complete reinstall recently.  It was nothing to come here and complain about.

Good for you! So did I and I accepted having to make those selections again because I chose to do the reinstall. WG chooses to disregard one setting that I and others in this forum have repeatedly asked them to leave alone.

Why have we asked repeatedly? Because we lose doubloons when they revert our selections.

Why do they revert our selections? Because we have to buy doubloons.

Bad design is bad.

[WOLFG]
Members
10,468 posts
9,773 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

More like EZ money.  I'm not on the WG hate train, and don't auto resupply anything other than perma camos, but this is a cheezy mechanic.

[FOXY]
Members
1,104 posts
5,360 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not really related to this but ive noticed my graphic settings resetting between each session and sometimes changing between battles, sometimes drasticly. I can understand the frustration the op has.

Complete reinstall did nothing btw.

Members
3,411 posts
40,499 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Just came out of a battle in Nagato  only to find the after action report saying I have had to pay Doubloons for flags, considering I always unchecked so I don't have to pay for Flags or camo strange this.

This seems to happen quite a bit most times I catch it before games start.

Not only that despite WG announcing that they would stop " the in game currency default to be checked for doubloons " every time I unlock and buy a ship then precede to put camo"s and flags on said ship then hit enable it always defaults to checked.

There have been a number of posts and threads on this subject and I can remember at least 2 WG Reps replying to this that it would be fixed however it still has not been.   

As a rule, I also enable that feature to prevent this, but I also just spend the doubloons to zero, so I don't have to worry about it.

[FRR]
Members
778 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Wow. Never has non sequitur been more used as a crutch. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,567 posts
9,216 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, yeah.

I use the Modstation mod so I don't have to worry about it, but I'm always temporarily out of one signal or another.

It wasn't bad when I was working full time, and only played a few games a day, but with the onset of rainy weather, and me only working 3 days a week, I'm playing a lot more games, and achievements only grant signals once a day.

Heck, I just spent 20k+ coal buying signals, that's unheard of for me.

Edited by Skpstr

[SAA]
Modder
26 posts
2,867 battles
5 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

Use the "stingy by default" option on modstation, problem solved.

'Stingy by Default' is also in Aslain's modpack.

I made the 'Stingy by Default' mod by request. Many requests. Actually I was asked to make the WoWS version of 'Gold Lock', an old WoT mod that blocks any and all transactions involving gold. When I looked into it I saw it wasn't necessary: WoWS to WoT is like a petty pickpocket to armed robbery. All I had to do is change some default values in the WoWS client, hence the name of the mod.

A number of players thought WoWS would ban the mod. Instead they approved it and included it in the official modpack in no time. Go figure.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles
3 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

Wow. Never has non sequitur been more used as a crutch. 

Sorry, no. It follows very logically. He's got a supply-demand imbalance (and possibly an unidentified slow leak) and he's not correcting it in the appropriate manner.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
398 posts
16,068 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If that's true then WG has never read chat.

[FRR]
Members
778 posts
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Sorry, no. It follows very logically. He's got a supply-demand imbalance (and possibly an unidentified slow leak) and he's not correcting it in the appropriate manner.

"Supply-demand imbalance?"

"It follows very logically"?

JJ.gif.bfde95a178f012f7143145d0df47d249.gif.2992accdf21ddb591e14ff1313e52350.gif

Unbelievable.

Read the OP's post again. 

:cap_haloween:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Nope, it is pure GREED on WG'ing part, of that I have no doubt.

I mean I would love to give them the benefit of the doubt but there are just SO MANY examples of WG'ing greed its not funny.

Take the premium ship Florida.  The basically create an event that makes it look like the only way to get Florida is through the event.  They release the event and give you a way to buy bundles so you can get Florida on day 1 but doing this costs like almost $90.  They let this situation run for 1/2 a day, long enough for all the whales and pokemon collectors to buy the $90 worth of bundles to get the Florida, since it is "obvious" there is no other way to get it based on what WG has told them or rather "led them to believe".  Then they suddenly out of no where release the Florida in the premium shop for like $45, without any new announcement to let people know it is available outside the event by the way.  

This is how WG'ing operates so why does anyone think the whole preventing yourself from buying singles and camos for dubs is such a difficult challenge.  Honestly there should be an option in settings that specifically says, "Prevent buying consumables for doubloons" that you just have to check mark to prevent it happening ever, but nope. You have to do it on each ship and in each section and heaven help you forget to do it or not realize that a patch changed the setting.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this