Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shannon_Lindsey

Future Line Thoughts

14 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,047 posts
10,774 battles

I think I must be getting old, because I can't remember how much I have posted on these ideas, and how much I have shared privately with others before posting it here. This is not a comprehensive post on any of these lines, just some general thoughts without a lot of details, so that if anyone has stuff I haven't seen, maybe they can post it here before I make a detailed post. There are four line concepts I want to look at:

Line 1, Japanese Light Cruisers

What makes these special is that they are torpedo based cruisers like the upcoming premium Kitikami, although not quite so all in with them as it is. These ships will not have as many guns as their peers, but will have other measures for offense: 12 km torpedoes from tiers 5 to 8, and 15 km torpedoes at tiers 9 and 10. They will all have hydroacoustic search and spotter aircraft. Starting at tier 6 they will get British DD smoke,  the option for torpedo reload booster instead of spotter at tier 7, and heal at tier 9.

V Sendai
VI Agano
VII Kai-agano (4x2 152mm)
VIII Kano (4x3 155mm)
IX Suzuya
X Kirasame (Fictional design based off AA cruiser with 24 torpedo tubes replacing the side gun mounts)

Line 2, Japanese smoke Aircraft Carriers

The Squadrons of these carriers will not get the engine boost consumable. Instead, they will get a consumable (3) to drop short burst short duration smoke clouds over where they are flying. Also, the bombers will be AP carpet bombers like the British drop patterns instead of traditional dive bombers.

VI Zuiho
VIII Hiryu
X Taiho

Line 3, US Interceptor Aircraft Carriers

Protectors of the fleet, the Rocket planes will get an unlimited use patrol fighter that instead of calling in fighters will split a flight of the rocket planes off, if available, that will immediately move to intercept enemy planes in the patrol radius. Also, the dive bombers and torpedo bombers will lose their ability to call fighters, but will gain 2 uses of a deployable hydroacoustic search buoy that will spot any ship, submarine, or torpedo within a 3 km radius of the buoy's drop location for a period of 40 seconds.

VI Independence
VIII Yorktown
X Essex

Line 4, British Battlecruisers

Faster than their Battleship cousins, these ships are more fragile than Battleships, but are faster and manueverable like cruisers. They will have normal HE and not the improved HE found on most British warships, but they will get the improved heal starting right away at tier 4, and will also gain access to engine boost starting at tier 8.

IV Invincible
V Princess Royal
VI Renown
VII Anson (Hood)
VIII J3 Jellicoe
IX G3 Beatty 
X K3 Britannia

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
6 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

the option for torpedo reload booster instead of spotter at tier 7, and heal at tier 9.

Pointless really, I think I'm probably the only person who'd ever considering taking Spotter plane over TRB on a IJN torpedo based cruiser.

Remember, people replace smoke for TRB on their DDs, you think spotter plane will even get a chance?

6 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

X Taiho

I am of the opinion that Taihou was spared the indecency of having to be in this game when she was removed.

I'd like it to stay that way, so she isn't blighted by WG's foul touch of CVs.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,688 posts
19,834 battles

Could introduce a nice line of Dutch cruisers.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,047 posts
10,774 battles
48 minutes ago, Lert said:

Could introduce a nice line of Dutch cruisers.

I have been thinking Dutch for the light version of European cruisers (and Spanish for Heavy), but I'm having trouble filling them out, so I thought I would leave them to others.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,688 posts
19,834 battles
43 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I have been thinking Dutch for the light version of European cruisers (and Spanish for Heavy), but I'm having trouble filling them out, so I thought I would leave them to others.

@Fr05ty came up with a possible Dutch tree from T2 to T10 starting with light cruisers, going into heavy cruisers around T7 or 8 IIRC and culminating in an 11" armed supercruiser at T10, with a few historical premiums too.

<Edit> Granted, 'much' of this line would be theoretical designs, but no more than, say, the Russian battleship line, and all theoretical designs in this line were actual designs from the period.

Edited by Lert

[TFFOX]
Members
794 posts
1,598 battles
10 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

IV Invincible
V Princess Royal
VI Renown
VII Anson (Hood)
VIII J3 Jellicoe
IX G3 Beatty 
X K3 Britannia

yay!!!!! been wanting these for a while

Members
352 posts
4,319 battles
9 hours ago, Lert said:

@Fr05ty came up with a possible Dutch tree from T2 to T10 starting with light cruisers, going into heavy cruisers around T7 or 8 IIRC and culminating in an 11" armed supercruiser at T10, with a few historical premiums too.

<Edit> Granted, 'much' of this line would be theoretical designs, but no more than, say, the Russian battleship line, and all theoretical designs in this line were actual designs from the period.

I've got to re-post the Dutch Cruisers since shipComrade went down. But I've got it all saved up and it's one of my favourite tech trees.

Other tech-trees that I've got done (as in at least 1st draft done with researched ships for all tiers and basic analysis done):

• Pan-American DD line from T2-T10 without using 2nd-hand ships or copies of foreign ships.
  • Spanish Cruiser line drafted from T2-T10 already written down, I just haven't done the proper analysis for them all to ensure it's all balanced
  • German BC line from T3-T10
  • German CB T6-T10 line
  • Italian T4-T10 CV line
  • French T4-T10 CV line
Edited by Fr05ty
  • Cool 1

[TWE]
Beta Testers
198 posts
1,467 battles
2 hours ago, Fr05ty said:

I've got to re-post the Dutch Cruisers since shipComrade went down. But I've got it all saved up and it's one of my favourite tech trees.

Other tech-trees that I've got done (as in at least 1st draft done with researched ships for all tiers and basic analysis done):

• Pan-American DD line from T2-T10 without using 2nd-hand ships or copies of foreign ships.
  • Spanish Cruiser line drafted from T2-T10 already written down, I just haven't done the proper analysis for them all to ensure it's all balanced
  • German BC line from T3-T10
  • German CB T6-T10 line
  • Italian T4-T10 CV line
  • French T4-T10 CV line

Looking forward to those! Now, if someone can just find me some Spanish DD projects not named 155 I'd be in business!

• Cool 1

Members
352 posts
4,319 battles
Just now, Trophy_Wench said:

Looking forward to those! Now, if someone can just find me some Spanish DD projects not named 155 I'd be in business!

Yea... I don't really like doing DD lines tbh. Concealment is an unknown in how it is calculated and matters too much for me to feel comfortable guesstimating DDs. I did the Pan-Am DD line with a bunch of Latin American researchers just to show that we could, but it's a VERY uncomfortable process for me. Battleships are the easiest to analyze, followed by Cruisers.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,122 posts
5,652 battles
On 10/26/2020 at 12:44 AM, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Line 4, British Battlecruisers

Faster than their Battleship cousins, these ships are more fragile than Battleships, but are faster and manueverable like cruisers. They will have normal HE and not the improved HE found on most British warships, but they will get the improved heal starting right away at tier 4, and will also gain access to engine boost starting at tier 8.

IV Invincible
V Princess Royal
VI Renown
VII Anson (Hood)
VIII J3 Jellicoe
IX G3 Beatty 
X K3 Britannia

My preferred RN battlecruiser lineup: 

III: Invincible
IV: Indefatigable
V: Princess Royal
VI: Tiger
VII: Renown
VIII: Anson (Modernized Hood with Queen Anne's Mansion)
IX: J3 Jellicoe
X: K3 Beatty

Sorry, G3 is an abomination that needs to be forgotten about.  It makes Izumo seem pretty.

[TWE]
Beta Testers
198 posts
1,467 battles
On 10/29/2020 at 2:41 PM, Helstrem said:

My preferred RN battlecruiser lineup: 

III: Invincible
IV: Indefatigable
V: Princess Royal
VI: Tiger
VII: Renown
VIII: Anson (Modernized Hood with Queen Anne's Mansion)
IX: J3 Jellicoe
X: K3 Beatty

Sorry, G3 is an abomination that needs to be forgotten about.  It makes Izumo seem pretty.

Need a techline? Why not Zoidberg?

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,430 posts
20,352 battles

usn carriers  independence , yorktown and essex used to be in the game before the CV  rework 

pan asian cruisers line would be interesting  

if there going to keep colaberating with azure lane then why not bring out  a full techtree  .  

do away with less paperships and bring out more that were actually used  in battle 

some more  pre WWI  and WWI ships would bring in a new era  for  the old guard   

Sign in to follow this