Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bortt

Research Bureau Question

9 comments in this topic

[Y0L0W]
Members
572 posts
18,535 battles

So I reset a line the last time we had the two times multiplier for research bureau however haven't yet made it to T10. We have the next multiplier reset coming up in a few weeks. If I just unlocked the T10 without buying it and reset the line and grind up it again, does that mean I'll get 4x research bureau points (24,000) when I finally play the tier 10?

[TBW]
Members
10,567 posts
18,077 battles
3 hours ago, Bortt said:

So I reset a line the last time we had the two times multiplier for research bureau however haven't yet made it to T10. We have the next multiplier reset coming up in a few weeks. If I just unlocked the T10 without buying it and reset the line and grind up it again, does that mean I'll get 4x research bureau points (24,000) when I finally play the tier 10?

Nope you have to play and win at least one battle to get the points for the tier 10 before you reset I think. I wouldn't chance it.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,689 posts
19,844 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Nope you have to play and win at least one battle to get the points for the tier 10 before you reset I think. I wouldn't chance it.

No, the bonus keeps and stacks through resets and seasons, until you use it.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,069 posts
22,594 battles

All you have to do is research the ship, not buy and play it. It'll stack. I did just as you are asking and got the bonus twice.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,611 posts
15,672 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You have to play the battle to CLAIM the points, but not to stack them. That's how people do it with FXP; they just research their way through the hulls multiple times, and when they've got the point stack ready they buy the ships back and play them.

[AFK]
Members
48 posts
8,338 battles

My strategy I have been doing so far is to wait till the end of a x2 period. Then reset the line the day before. Then free xp down the line all the way to TX. Wait 1 day then rest the line again for another x2 modifier. Then grind down the line.

This strategy mostly saves credits in the long run. But having 42000 RB after this for one grind is fairly rewarding.

I do this strategy twice a year for a total of 84000 RB per year, utilizing 1.5 mil free xp. It is up to you to determine if the credit/time saving is worth it for you.

Math: This is 17.857 free xp a RB point. This is the lowest possible value for a RB point that involves you grinding the line twice a year.

Sign in to follow this