You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Players down right angry over CV in clan battles.

256 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,235 posts
21,634 battles

4 matches tonight.

2 carriers.

1 loss vs a well played team and their cv.

Overall we are doing over 75% wr in cb using 2 bb strat.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,943 battles
15 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

why are you forcing CV on a competitive part of the game were folks just do not want them? 

You can say the same thing in regards to randoms, and @shinytrashcan is right; it's ALL about the money!

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
25,433 posts
27,377 battles
27 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Many players I know in clans have told me how their clans have either stopped playing clan battles or many of their player base have stopped over CV being in clan battles. They have told me they are not just unhappy about CV in clan battles but down right angry. Then you add in cyclone on top of it where half the team can not see anything to fight yet they get jumped on by CV planes over and over. There was a reason CV were not in KoTs. WG I understand that CV are here to stay, but why are you forcing CV on a competitive part of the game were folks just do not want them? 

Cry me a river.

You can choose to not use a CV on your team this CBs season.  And I think that 14 km cyclones are great, with the one caveat that no immersive visual component to the cyclones means that it's super easy to forget that there's a cyclone active.   14 km cyclones mean that no ship can use their radar to fire on enemies they could not otherwise see.  And it forces teams to move in a little closer to the enemy and not engage in long range sniping battles.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 28

[SALVO]
Members
25,433 posts
27,377 battles
16 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You can say the same thing in regards to randoms, and @shinytrashcan is right; it's ALL about the money!

Heaven forbid that a for-profit company care about making money.  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 13

[TIMT]
Members
943 posts
4,172 battles
18 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Heaven forbid that a for-profit company care about making money.  

Not saying they should not make money, by all means they should. This being a free2play game means there has to be some form of monetization to finance all of this, and for the most part I am pretty ok with how they are doing it. Yes, premium ships are really expensive when you think about it, but you are not forced to buy them and there is plenty of opportunity to get "free premium" stuff in the game. And when you consider a lot of the people who spend money on the game spend a significant part of their entertainment funds on this game, paying 50$ for a virtual ship that you play for dozens of hours is to some extent justifiable.

The thing with CVs, and most likely also subs, is that they are somewhat a product of this monetization strategy in that the game constantly needs more content for people to grind and buy premiums. Such is the nature of free2play. Now, how they are doing this and why the new content they add is so...controversial, is a different question. Nevertheless, the answer why CVs are in clan battles is money.

I personally dislike how CVs are implemented in the game and they take away more than they add for me, but I have to accept that other people apparently like this type of game (for whatever reasons...). Up to this point I have not tried the new iteration of submarines, but they look horrible to me. The whole idea does not make sense to me, as subs were rarely part of fleet actions and more commerce raiders etc. Personally I loved to play submarine simulations a lot (Silent Hunter 3 & 4, Dangerous Waters), but everything that makes submarines interesting to me is missing in WGs implementation of them. And the idea of the Pings and homing torpedoes, unlimited underwater time and ridiculous speed of the subs just makes me hope that subs don't make it into randoms.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,045 posts
10,764 battles

This post feels like bait from someone who doesn't have actual experience. From what we are seeing, only 1/4 of the teams are even running CV, and the only CV we struggle against when running double BB is FDR. To beat an FDR, you need a CV of your own to drop fighter cover, and if you are running a German CV and a long range BB with a spotter, you can snipe the FDR, but that leaves you weak to aggressive pushes with double brawling BBs.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 4

[BLEP]
Members
558 posts
12,448 battles
57 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

This post feels like bait from someone who doesn't have actual experience. From what we are seeing, only 1/4 of the teams are even running CV, and the only CV we struggle against when running double BB is FDR. To beat an FDR, you need a CV of your own to drop fighter cover, and if you are running a German CV and a long range BB with a spotter, you can snipe the FDR, but that leaves you weak to aggressive pushes with double brawling BBs.

It is not bait. A lot of us do not like the fact CV are in CB. He has a point. There was a reason CV were not in KOTS. 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[DPG]
Members
2,030 posts
10,681 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrson said:

Of course they are. It's their baby, who are you to tell them what they can & can't do. Don't give them $$, or don't play, but don't cry.

Sure they're well within their rights to do whatever they want with the game, but people are also allowed to not like it.  That's where I take issue.  Dismissing people outright because they dare to disagree with the way they choose to monetize the game.  A dead game is one that has no one complaining.  If that's what you want then by all means keep dismissing people.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

[_BDA_]
Members
392 posts
6,156 battles
3 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Many players I know in clans have told me how their clans have either stopped playing clan battles or many of their player base have stopped over CV being in clan battles. 

Cite your references and list the clans, otherwise this is just an opinion not based on facts.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,231 posts
9,539 battles

My clan is transitioning into storm. At the breakpoint, the typical team comp is Richthofen, Random BB (Usually Ohio or Shikishima maybe Kremlin), Soviet super cruisers/heavy cruiser, and Halland. I don’t know what’s worse: perma spotting thanks to fighter planes that can be placed outside AA range or the 20k+ Alpha damage strikes through four ships prioritizing sector AA. We’ve won against CVs in clan battles sure, even Richtofens, but it’s an uphill battle from the start, especially when we don’t have a CV available.

• Sad 1

[O7]
Supertester
303 posts
12,841 battles
2 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Every typhoon/hurricane team I've seen run CV. Not 1 exception. That should tell you how viable 2BB comps are seen at the top competitive levels. 

The long range BB struggles to snipe CVs in a cyclone. Double rushing BBs in general struggle due to CV pressure and their ability to easily pick off important ships. 

3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Cry me a river.

You can choose to not use a CV on your team this CBs season.  And I think that 14 km cyclones are great, with the one caveat that no immersive visual component to the cyclones means that it's super easy to forget that there's a cyclone active.   14 km cyclones mean that no ship can use their radar to fire on enemies they could not otherwise see.  And it forces teams to move in a little closer to the enemy and not engage in long range sniping battles.

You can also choose to run 7 Rental Shima, just don't expect to win as often as a more serious comp. 

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
Members
1,231 posts
9,539 battles
3 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

Every typhoon/hurricane team I've seen run CV. Not 1 exception. That should tell you how viable 2BB comps are seen at the top competitive levels. 

The long range BB struggles to snipe CVs in a cyclone. Double rushing BBs in general struggle due to CV pressure and their ability to easily pick off important ships. 

Can concur with this. We can win with double BB but it’s basically imposing a self handicap at that point. Though not going to lie, deleting a Richthofen after being bullied for a good portion of the game in Montana is a highlight.

[BONKS]
Members
222 posts
9,222 battles
3 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

44 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Can concur with this. We can win with double BB but it’s basically imposing a self handicap at that point. Though not going to lie, deleting a Richthofen after being bullied for a good portion of the game in Montana is a highlight.

Wait until you get to Typhoon.

Double BB simply isn't viable at the higher levels.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,231 posts
9,539 battles
31 minutes ago, LoliBonk said:

Wait until you get to Typhoon.

Double BB simply isn't viable at the higher levels.

Oh I’m well aware. I might need to push for Richthofen if our team struggles to find cv bodies to field. 

Members
1,598 posts
1,286 battles
4 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I don't know what kind of MM you're getting blessed with. My clan has been running the BB comp and it's been a massive struggle. I think I've played 60 something clan battles so far this season, and I can only recall one match where the other team (it was 07) wasn't running a CV.

5 hours ago, Crucis said:

Cry me a river.

You can choose to not use a CV on your team this CBs season. 

What kind of point are you even trying to make here? You think the complaints players have about CVs being in clan battles is over their own? Sure, we can choose not to use a CV, but that in no way changes the fact that we will be playing against one. The frustration with and hate for CVs has everything to do with constantly being fired on and positioning being given away from the spotting the red CV provides, and being dropped on and forced out of position from AP and torp bombers. Your argument here is like if a DD player complained about 12km russian radar being everywhere and somebody responded with, "you can choose not to use radar cruisers on your team." Yeah... sure your team could choose to do that, but it would do F-all to solve the problem for your DD and team.

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,747 battles

The answer is actually quite simple.

Stop playing CBs.

Seriously, this is a GAME. It is meant to be played for fun. If doing so makes you rage...why keep playing?

Especially for such meagre pixel rewards?

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
519 posts
41 battles
15 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The answer is actually quite simple.

Stop playing CBs.

Seriously, this is a GAME. It is meant to be played for fun. If doing so makes you rage...why keep playing?

Especially for such meagre pixel rewards?

and stick to Randoms, where you are ... not safe from the ever present toxic CV, either. Boycotting CBs because of carriers, is pointless, if you only boycott CB to play Random and Ranked, with CVs.

Edited by hateboat
  • Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,747 battles
3 minutes ago, hateboat said:

and stick to Randoms, where you are ... not safe from the ever present toxic CV, either. Boycotting CBs because of carriers, is pointless, if you only boycott CB to play Random and Ranked, with CVs.

Then...play another game.

I don't see why you need to be angry over something that is this inconsequential.

Mourn its loss? Logical...but then move on.

If you can't move on, then I can send you some information on people who can help...if you want.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 5

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles
5 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

My clan is playing a 2 BB division. The first hour, 3 matches, was against a CV division. Won 3 out of 4, but damm it was annoying. This was in Gale division.

Members
519 posts
41 battles
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Then...play another game.

This is not a constructive argument. But it seems to be what too many players have felt a necessary choice, to leave WOWS.

3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I don't see why you need to be angry over something that is this inconsequential.

Where do I express anger?

Is it inconsequential, the class with the highest average dmg and k/d rate in the game? Our comments are inconsequential (as feedback), but it is rather difficult to pretend that Aircraft Carriers, are anything less than significantly influential units.

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

If you can't move on, then I can send you some information on people who can help...if you want.

You are choosing a fight, where there is no provocation. Do not make accusations of mental illness on a public forum. It will backfire, it does backfire, it is going to backfire.

Have a nice day.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[-TKS-]
Members
1,231 posts
9,539 battles
9 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

My clan is playing a 2 BB division. The first hour, 3 matches, was against a CV division. Won 3 out of 4, but damm it was annoying. This was in Gale division.

As a member of a clan that runs 2 BB division, it can be done, but man does it really struggle once you breach storm. It’s not fun fighting Richthofen spam.

Members
3,411 posts
40,612 battles

OP, I have a question. Does your clan have a decent CV player?

Because clans that do, can and will be successful in CBs. If you see one, chances are, they have a decent player.

If your clan doesn't have a decent CV player, then don't expect to get very far.

The 2 BB thing only gets you so far.

In competitive, major clans use them despite some of them openly state they hate the ship type.

You can't have it both ways. Especially when clans publicly hate the ship type, yet privately train with one for that title.

The recent epic failed attempt to boycott the ship type is an example.

A clan or group of clans agreed to not use in competitive, yet game day, they broke the boycott immediately. Citing they can't control members.

That's like not controlling an army or a police department.

Clans won't take responsibility for their actions.

So I think OP, you should find a few CV players and practice with them.

Your clan must prepare for any potential scenario in CBs. If you only prepare for a few, then you leave your clan vulnerable in competitive play.

Complaining about them as having an unfair advantage is silly when you really look at the reality of war.

No nation set rules initially before a fight. If there was a mismatch, you took advantage of it.

Outwitting your opponent either by tactics or numbers is tactics.

The only thing WG will hear is balance issues with interaction with other ship types. State your case in that context with replays and you have a compelling argument.

But complain to WG about one team capitalizes on tactics and you will have no audience.

At least that is my take on it OP.

• Cool 2