You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 23-25 October 2020.

22 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
21,663 posts
15,713 battles

Unlocked the Oland, retrained my Skane's captain to her using the Blyskawica (bless whoever's decision it was to offer the Blys for coal). 

Tried to do Naval Battles, but every time I pushed the button for it I got the most disastrous teams and became dispirited.

Played Kansas a fair bit, trying to get used to the guns. I think things are improving on that front. And from out of left field, my Ognevoi made a bit of a comeback.

Had a lot of fun with Anchorage in co-op - said fun fully justifies the effort I put into her and the doubloons I coughed up for her. 

Not sure what to do right now - Kansas is in port, Minnesota somewhere in the future; all my other lines are at least to Tier 8, and Tier 9 costs more credits than I have right now.  Wait for US BB Part 2 directives is the first thought that comes to mind, and favour nations and ships with 19 pointers wherever the tasks allow it. I spent quite a lot of what I had over the weekend, but having RPF made my Skane and subsequently my Oland much more comfortable ships to use.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,081 posts
22,637 battles

Sadly, my weekend was somewhat uneventful. Got Anchorage before last weekend and Kansas this past Wednesday. I was left with Naval Battles where I got 8 of 10 stars - so happy with that. I also secured enough free XP to use on two RB resets for the Paulo Emilio. That won't happen for several weeks now.

I did take one run at the Defense of Naval Station Newport scenario. It was a disaster. My aim sucked but having one DD and one CA yolo before the second wave was sunk pretty much ruled out the victory. All the "get backs" and "go heal" were ignored. I sure  hope the DD wasn't pleased getting just one kill before going under. The CA had to have been happy getting four - but no one else on the team was. That's par for the course for that scenario...

A "meh" weekend overall.

[HELLS]
Members
2,729 posts
28,908 battles

Nothing...just a lot of leaves to rake and bag....spent some time converting this 3D model and updating it so I can print out a useful carbody that I can truck and coupler with spare parts on a 3D printer in N scale for my grandsons to run...

Eastern Car Company IOCC Ore Car 3D Model.jpg

[WOLFG]
Members
10,660 posts
9,886 battles

Spent Saturday morning watching the regional CC meet.  My son finally got the race he wanted out of himself.  Now next Friday and Saturday my play time will be limited.

Finished up enough missions to pick up a second crate of Stars and Stripes camos.  

Friday I managed to citadel a Kurfust in my Yoshino.  Figure that one out.

Still piling up the ECXP.

[PVE]
Members
4,665 posts
20,600 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Unlocked the Oland, retrained my Skane's captain to her using the Blyskawica (bless whoever's decision it was to offer the Blys for coal). 

Tried to do Naval Battles, but every time I pushed the button for it I got the most disastrous teams and became dispirited.

Played Kansas a fair bit, trying to get used to the guns. I think things are improving on that front. And from out of left field, my Ognevoi made a bit of a comeback.

Had a lot of fun with Anchorage in co-op - said fun fully justifies the effort I put into her and the doubloons I coughed up for her. 

Not sure what to do right now - Kansas is in port, Minnesota somewhere in the future; all my other lines are at least to Tier 8, and Tier 9 costs more credits than I have right now.  Wait for US BB Part 2 directives is the first thought that comes to mind, and favour nations and ships with 19 pointers wherever the tasks allow it. I spent quite a lot of what I had over the weekend, but having RPF made my Skane and subsequently my Oland much more comfortable ships to use.

Got back from a week of Elk hunting and played Fri a little, even less Saturday and finished the US BB fourth section Sunday.... 

Now, I just do not have a plan because our host is going to play the "20-21" CPT respec and that means that all I am doing is biding my time till then........  Why grind anything till that is implemented.>.?

So, finish Turkey season, prepare for Deer Season and see what happens with xmas this year.  Then, make a decision to stay or take a long break (leave?).......  I missed a week and really didn't mind not playing?  This pending CPR Doom respec has taken all of the Wow out of WoWs for me........

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
931 posts
10,704 battles

Well I did what I didn’t think I would enjoy and began the RB process. Played back to Edinburgh this weekend and am close to Neptune. Forgot how much I enjoyed this line and the double points makes it all the better.

ran naval battles and clan battles and dinked around with several of the 6 or 7 other lines I’m grinding but nothing of note. Should snag enough steel to be ready for sommers when the new coupon drops. While the lack of aa isn’t enticing, having a real life ship with some fun torps will be worth it. 

Members
1,096 posts
4,792 battles

Haven't been able to play at all over the weekend because my computer just...dumped itself. Probably for the better, as my school grades are slipping. I've been looking at getting a new PC for a while, but I've put it off incessantly.

I'll probably be getting it in a week or two weeks time, but we'll have to see. 

-Shrayes

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,690 battles
15 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

i honestly regret not coughing up the $$$ to get it

[ARGSY]
Members
21,663 posts
15,713 battles
15 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Probably for the better, as my school grades are slipping.

Yeah, deal with those first.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,690 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, deal with those first.

i would say the same... i post on the forum so much because my classes are boring and i already know everything they cover (my friends would start shouting "nerd alert!" at this point.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,690 battles
Just now, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I'm trying. AP Literature is hard.

-Shrayes

AP Literature? ouch

[ARGSY]
Members
21,663 posts
15,713 battles
6 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I'm trying. AP Literature is hard.

-Shrayes

In my final year of high school I had the option to ditch English for Latin, which I'd been doing ever since I was twelve.

16 year old me saw the literary-analysis guess-what-we-want-you-to-say-or-kiss-high-marks-goodbye writing on the wall and said this (NSFW). One of the best decisions I ever made as a teenager.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,081 posts
17,146 battles

Really good weekend. Lot of game time playing ships I liked many win streaks. On Saturday went on a Benham/Sommers terror. Played a lot of German BB's working my way toward the Bismarck camo. 

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,690 battles

My weekend spree was pretty much this: Yolo in leningrad, get a kill, then get killed, get my new mexico killed by a he spamming Dallas, grind the italian cruisers to giussano, try to figure out where the giussano launches its planes from... 

[ARGSY]
Members
21,663 posts
15,713 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

i honestly regret not coughing up the $$$ to get it

Anchorage? You still can. I went to the Dockyard to capture the construction animations, and this is visible at the top of the screen:

image.png.26b2a267cc7e9eab824643bffc52b772.png

Odin? Now THAT one is out of reach.

[WOLF9]
Members
906 posts
20,887 battles

Can't remember much of what I did this weekend in WoWs, other than play a bunch of battles.

Got my plan together for RB and snowflakes:  Buy out the Harugumo line from T5 to T10 (minus the Katikaze which I have), Snowflake it, Reset it for x2 on the RB, use those credits to flesh out all of my BB, CA, CL lines from T5 - T10 (all are at least T8 - T10) one at a time (flesh out, snowflake, sell the T5-T7 to help flesh out the next line).  

Grinding my DD lines as much as possible:  Yugumo, Farragut, Gnevny, T22, Acasta, Guepard, Jianwei,  and Vasteras.

Really struggling with the non smoke French and Pan Europe lines.  Just dying at first contact.

Kansas is up to 85k XP.  I upgraded my outlook on her to 'meh'.  Looking at a future port queen here.

Update 9.10 drops this week, but I don't see a lot in it for me - Halloween event (key battles) I might try, new ranked sprint I might Try, and Arpeggio stuff I think.  Sounds like a month to grind credits for snowflakes.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,663 posts
15,713 battles
2 minutes ago, kyesac said:

Really struggling with the non smoke French and Pan Europe lines.  Just dying at first contact.

They are not easy, and I also am struggling.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,690 battles
35 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Anchorage? You still can. I went to the Dockyard to capture the construction animations, and this is visible at the top of the screen:

yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

[WOLF9]
Members
4,648 posts

This was a lame weekend.   All 3 days were bad, Sunday especially so.    I played a whopping 3 games, then shut off in disgust.   My final game featured a 4 BB/2 DD/ 3 cruiser team  on Big Race  with Raimundo.     Game began as normal, and the DD on my side and I headed into torpedo alley to do battle.   With another cruiser and a BB behind us.   Things were going decently, until both of us suddenly started getting focused.    First he gets blapped, then I get 3/4 of my health just erased...   I managed to kill one of the red DD's with torps before a stray shell removed the last sliver of my health.

It was then I learned WHY  we were eating shells from all sides:

ALL 4 BB's were hiding in the back- along with the other 2 cruisers...     In a tier 5 CO-OP game...

Screw that.  

It was essentially like that all weekend.   Just crappy, pointless games.    And now we have yet another event grind to make people play like idiots to farm mission goals...

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,690 battles
13 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

This was a lame weekend.   All 3 days were bad, Sunday especially so.    I played a whopping 3 games, then shut off in disgust.   My final game featured a 4 BB/2 DD/ 3 cruiser team  on Big Race  with Raimundo.     Game began as normal, and the DD on my side and I headed into torpedo alley to do battle.   With another cruiser and a BB behind us.   Things were going decently, until both of us suddenly started getting focused.    First he gets blapped, then I get 3/4 of my health just erased...   I managed to kill one of the red DD's with torps before a stray shell removed the last sliver of my health.

well lucky you, on saturday i lost 11 games IN A ROW, then shut down my computer out of fustration after getting HE Spammed by a dallas in my 12th match.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,690 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Thanks! just logged on for a few battles in my Giussano, and saw that.