Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mozoilla02

Is clan battles being moved back an hour on the first of November?

6 comments in this topic

[TXC]
Members
72 posts
4,304 battles

I saw that the time is going to be moved back an hour, so in stead of 730-1130 its gonna be 830-1230 for EST according to the clan battles news article. But I remembered that daylight savings is November first, so is the time actually gonna be moved back an hour or is it gonna be the same?

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles

I understood it as CB times were an hour later by the clock. So yes, they will be moved back an hour, just like everything else. 

DST is weird and WG handles DST even weirder. Be ready for anything:cap_like:

[TXC]
Members
72 posts
4,304 battles
58 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

I understood it as CB times were an hour later by the clock. So yes, they will be moved back an hour, just like everything else. 

thank you for the response. :)

[PVE]
Members
6,947 posts
22,728 battles
3 hours ago, mozoilla02 said:

I saw that the time is going to be moved back an hour, so in stead of 730-1130 its gonna be 830-1230 for EST according to the clan battles news article. But I remembered that daylight savings is November first, so is the time actually gonna be moved back an hour or is it gonna be the same?

1 hour ago, _BBaby said:

Actually...CBs will be at the same time for the rest of the world as they've always been...it's just an hour difference for us because our clocks are changing. (Technically speaking it's still the same time for us also...if you use a sundial to check your time anyway...because it's not like our position around the sun is altering just because we alter our clocks back & forth an hour each year).

WG doesn't handle DST at all because it doesn't occur in their neck of the woods...that would just be the WG NA team that is alerting us about the conceived time difference due to our silly habits.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,409 posts
4,977 battles

Its not a silly habit.

Literally daylight savings. Adjusting human wake up call and bed time call to make as much of winter sunlight as possible.

Those that game constantly due to having nothing else to do in life are the least bothered by time.

[PVE]
Members
6,947 posts
22,728 battles
15 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Its not a silly habit.

Literally daylight savings. Adjusting human wake up call and bed time call to make as much of summer (not winter) sunlight as possible.

Those that game constantly due to having nothing else to do in life are the least bothered by time.

FTFY

Originally conceived of by Franklin so farmer's kids would have an extra hour of sunlight after school to help out in the fields...wasn't actually implemented until WWI though...to conserve energy during the war.

It starts in April & ends in October...the winter hours have always been the standard hours for most of the rest of the planet.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Sign in to follow this