You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USS_Juneau

Izmail VI Battleship

12 comments in this topic

[FNGSX]
Members
35 posts
358 battles

I was playing on the test server to unlock subs and came across the Izmail VI battleship... I fell in love because it had awesome fire power and the ability to deploy torpedo's...

So I immediately stopped all my regular in-game progression and focused on leveling up and unlocking the Soviet Union's VI Izmail... To my dismay, after unlocking the ship, I can't find the option for torpedo's anywhere....

Can someone clue me in as to what I am missing? Did I get duped by a test server ship (ie, a non-existent ship, only available for testing purposes)? 

Edited by USS_Juneau
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,994 posts
10,430 battles
8 hours ago, USS_Juneau said:

I was playing on the test server to unlock subs and came across the Izmail VI battleship... I fell in love because it had awesome fire power and the ability to deploy torpedo's...

So I immediately stopped all my regular in-game progression and focused on leveling up and unlocking the Soviet Union's VI Izmail... To my dismay, after unlocking the ship, I can't find the option for torpedo's anywhere....

Can someone clue me in as to what I am missing? Did I get duped by a test server ship (ie, a non-existent ship, only available for testing purposes)? 

The list of battleships in the game with torpedoes is quite short, and is comprised almost exclusively of premiums.

Tier VI: Mutsu (premium)

Tier VII: Gneisenau, Scharnhorst (premium)

Tier VIII: Tirpitz (premium), Odin (premium), Kii (premium)

Tier IX: Pommern (premium, available in the armory for coal).

Edited by Nevermore135
And thanks to those who pointed out that I also forgot Kii

[BERYL]
[BERYL]
Members
134 posts
5,047 battles
9 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The list of battleships in the game with torpedoes is quite short, and is comprised almost exclusively of premiums.

Tier VIII: Tirpitz (premium)

Don't forget Odin. :)

[WOLFC]
Members
1,994 posts
10,430 battles
2 minutes ago, RicketyEdge said:

Don't forget Odin. :)

:Smile_facepalm: Yup, can’t believe I forgot. Thanks and edited.

Edited by Nevermore135

Members
857 posts
1,261 battles
9 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Actually, the list is quite long, and includes non-premiums like HMS Bellerophon.

The list of battleships that Wargaming has given useable torpedoes, on the other hand... :etc_red_button: 

• Boring 1

[LOU1]
Members
4,207 posts
12,337 battles
29 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Actually, the list is quite long, and includes non-premiums like HMS Bellerophon.

The list of battleships that Wargaming has given useable torpedoes, on the other hand... :etc_red_button: 

WOT tried to implement torpedoes that where launched from the BBs hull, but it wouldn't work correctly.  So, only ships that had externally mounted torpedoes have them in-game.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,300 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Tier VIII: Tirpitz (premium), Odin (premium)

Kii

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,245 posts
21,656 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Tier VIII: Tirpitz (premium), Odin (premium)

You forgot tier 8 KII premium.

[PVE]
Members
6,916 posts
22,666 battles
3 hours ago, USS_Juneau said:

3 hours ago, __Riptide_ said:

I think you mean deploying depth charges with planes, which ONLY exist in test server.

Guessing this.