You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LastRemnant

Unlocking subs to test them why you do this wargaming -___-

20 comments in this topic

[CLUMP]
Members
1,086 posts
1,342 battles

hzDLXY0.gif

No, seriously you want people to test out subs yet you hide them behind missions really :Smile_sceptic: I try and got bored really fast because I installed the TST thing to try out subs not to play other ships :fish_palm: 

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Haha 2

[ODIN]
Members
145 posts
8,042 battles

It's the same reasoning for why WG hid the subs behind the "Sub Tokens" during the test event. If everyone had subs off the bat, then no one would play surface ships, and they would get no usable feedback/data about surface ships since no one would play them. 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,088 posts
6,118 battles
11 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

It's the same reasoning for why WG hid the subs behind the "Sub Tokens" during the test event. If everyone had subs off the bat, then no one would play surface ships, and they would get no usable feedback/data about surface ships since no one would play them. 

Then again, who would want to grind in order to test?  Playtestering is a paid job, this is completely backward.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[ODIN]
Members
145 posts
8,042 battles
8 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Then again, who would want to grind in order to test?  Playtestering is a paid job, this is completely backward.

You are under no obligation whatsoever to test the subs, so why would WG pay you? Also, it's at minimum 4K BXP to get a sub, at max 12K BXP. That's not much of a grind, and should really only take anywhere from 6-12 games to get. 

Also, I guarantee that they have already been playtested, but having an open event such as this is a great way to get an extremely large amount of data for relatively little work. Having community playtesting is also a great way to discover any community misconceptions about gameplay. Like how the community thinks AA is supposed to make you immune to CV strikes, when in fact its whole purpose is to be a deterrent. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[REVY]
Members
8,088 posts
6,118 battles
3 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

You are under no obligation whatsoever to test the subs, so why would WG pay you?

Because playtesting is a paying job.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[ODIN]
Members
145 posts
8,042 battles
2 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Then don't test them. Your "payment" is being able to test them early, and if you don't think that payment is enough, then don't test them.

I'm failing to see why you are getting so hung up about being paid for something you have no obligation to do.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,088 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, SirPent13 said:

Then don't test them.

I never said I was going to test for them.  I'm saying WGing is approaching this completely backwards, taking a paying job and turning it around and forcing players to grind for it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ODIN]
Members
145 posts
8,042 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

I never said I was going to test for them.  I'm saying WGing is approaching this completely backwards, taking a paying job and turning it around and forcing players to grind for it.

They aren't forcing players to do anything. Also, many people enjoy being able to pre-test new game mechanics, so why wouldn't WG use that to their advantage? I guarantee that WG has dedicated playtesters on the payroll as well, and is using this test-session as an auxiliary data source.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,396 posts
4,198 battles
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

Playtestering is a paid job, 

It is? I must have missed a memo when I joined ST...

1 hour ago, Sventex said:

They aren't forcing you, if you don't want to play then don't play.

You have to unlock the subs because otherwise no one plays surface ships which are a major part of subs. And if you don't want to get an idea of how counterplay will work that's your loss.

Also, there was playtesting (and almost certainly they had people paid to do it before it even got to supertest). This isn't the only playtesting they're doing, they're were several steps before public testing. This is to give the playerbase a chance to check it out and get feedback from the people who actually play the game for fun. Feedback from people paid to test is one thing, feedback from their playerbase is another. You would be yelling even louder if they just dropped subs on the live server with no player feedback, just from internal paid testing. Personally I'm happy their letting their playerbase have a chance to try the new proposed iteration. But I guess some people are never happy...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,103 posts
14,728 battles
2 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

hzDLXY0.gif

No, seriously you want people to test out subs yet you hide them behind missions really :Smile_sceptic: I try and got bored really fast because I installed the TST thing to try out subs not to play other ships :fish_palm: 

They did this to help avoid a rush on nothing but subs. I think they could have put the bar to get them a bit lower but have no issue with the reason.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,620 posts
9,250 battles
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

I'm saying WGing is approaching this completely backwards, taking a paying job and turning it around and forcing players to grind for it.

You mean like Open Beta?

[CLUMP]
Members
1,086 posts
1,342 battles
3 hours ago, SirPent13 said:

I was going to play just subs I was also going try out BBs because of the new sub-hunting plane thingy :Smile_hiding:  The last time subs came out test all ships to see how they handle subs DDs Cruisers and BBs :fish_book: Having to unlock subs just test them out is annoying and a hassle :Smile_sceptic:  

3 hours ago, Sventex said:

Agreed I wanted to try out subs see the new functions and such then I find out I have to unlock them  forget that :fish_sleep:

1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

They did this to help avoid a rush on nothing but subs. I think they could have put the bar to get them a bit lower but have no issue with the reason.

I wasn't just going play subs I was going try out the rest of ships classes :Smile_popcorn: I can understand why wargaming did what they did but they made it to time-consuming to get subs to then test them  :Smile_sceptic:

Already uninstalled TST thing I will wait until they release them completely to play them :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant

[FNGSX]
Members
35 posts
358 battles
3 hours ago, Sventex said:

Hah!! Tell that to EA and  every game they've ever released for us to all beta test for them. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,103 posts
14,728 battles
1 minute ago, LastRemnant said:

I was going to play just subs I was also going try out BBs because of the new sub-hunting plane thingy :Smile_hiding:  The last time subs came out testing all ships to see how they handle subs DDs Cruisers and BBs :fish_book: Having to unlock subs just test them out is annoying and hassle :Smile_sceptic:  

Agreed I wanted to try out subs see the new functions and such then I find out I have to unlock them  forget that :fish_sleep:

I wasn't just going play subs I was going try out the rest of ships classes :Smile_popcorn: I can understand why wargaming did what they did but they made it to time-consuming to get subs to then test them  :Smile_sceptic:

Already uninstalled TST thing I wait until they release them completely to play them :Smile_hiding:

You are one person but over all the new thing is what will get over played. Look at new lines when they come out. Like I said while I think the bar could have been placed a bit lower I have no issue with what they did.

[REVY]
Members
8,088 posts
6,118 battles
Just now, USS_Juneau said:

Show me one job opening :) 

The link shows you 301 job openings.

• Thanks 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,382 posts
20,921 battles
4 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

hzDLXY0.gif

Not to mention that its in a third game instance.. NA, PTS, and now TST

Seems they are giving away hard disks

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
624 posts
16,310 battles
5 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

hzDLXY0.gif

Have folks play this game more, would be my guess.

• Cool 1