Sign in to follow this  
wolfkind252

email adds :( ( spam)

14 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,774 battles

ok I checked my yahoo mail and my gmail and I have 55 messages from Trump about his run for office, they want my support..........do they even realize (1) I'm 14 and cant vote and (2) I live in Alberta, not the US?

AS for my new car warranty expiring.........again I'm 14 I have a bicycle

And did you know that if I go to wal mart in a place called Va Beach I an get a job?

The one that really made me smile and wonder hos they got my email is I found out I won the Ukrainian national lottery, and I have to have a bank acct number and routing number to give them so they can deposit my winnings LOL

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,400 posts
4,198 battles
20 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

And this has what to do with the game WoWs???

Yeah. I get a bazillion spam emails a day (has gone up the last few weeks too), filter out most, ignore the rest, move on with life. Welcome to having an email account.

[-A-8-]
Members
508 posts
20,533 battles
34 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

TBF not a lot but then I guess that's why it was posted in off topic. Besides it did make me chuckle.

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,774 battles
59 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

Nothing, thats why I put it here in the odd topic misc section

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,812 posts
4,733 battles
6 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

I checked my yahoo mail

That's your problem.  Never use Yahoo mail. 

I have a WoWs-only gmail account and I get NO spam.  NONE.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
19 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

ok I checked my yahoo mail and my gmail and I have 55 messages

The more activity you have on social media, the more e-mail spam you will get unless you make sure that you have opted out of receiving emails or allowing others to send you emails. Sometimes just by accepting social media sites' terms of service you are "authorizing" them to send other people your contact information, so carefully read the documentation before you accept. I keep careful watch on what I do on the on the Internet and thus receive very little email spam, and all of that goes into a junk mail folder.

Some advice:

Go into your email application's settings and allow only email from friends, family, and your bank, etc. access to your inbox, everything else should go to a junk folder.

You may be tempted to click on a spam email in the junk folder just to see what it's about but don't do this as it will just let the sender know that they sent the spam to an active account. 

Never, ever click a link in a spam email as a good many of them will download malware. Oftentimes, this malware will begin to use your computer to send out more spam emails to other people or slow your system down by using it to mine Bitcoins, etc. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[TFFOX]
Members
796 posts
1,599 battles
On 10/25/2020 at 7:20 AM, wolfkind252 said:

ok I checked my yahoo mail and my gmail and I have 55 messages from Trump about his run for office, they want my support..........do they even realize (1) I'm 14 and cant vote and (2) I live in Alberta, not the US?

AS for my new car warranty expiring.........again I'm 14 I have a bicycle

And did you know that if I go to wal mart in a place called Va Beach I an get a job?

The one that really made me smile and wonder hos they got my email is I found out I won the Ukrainian national lottery, and I have to have a bank acct number and routing number to give them so they can deposit my winnings LOL

I get a fair amount of spam too, even one or 2 trump things ( wth im too young to vote), but I legit have a email i use for gaming only lol

and the ukranian national lottery thing is someone trying to get ur bank acct # so they can steal your money. 

Edited by AdmiralFox08
grammar

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,774 battles
On 10/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, AdmiralFox08 said:

I get a fair amount of spam too, even one or 2 trump things ( wth im only 12 and i cant vote), but I legit have a email i use for gaming only lol

and the ukranian national lottery thing is someone trying to get ur bank acct # so they can steal ur money. 

I got you beat, I get trump ads, pence ads and some guy named Forest? 

and I live in Alberta ever if I was 21, I couldn't vote in the American election

I did juts get one from my aunt in Kenya though, turns out my uncle died in their civil war and left me 64 million USD, and she needs my bank acct number and routing number so she can wire it to me, I hate to say this but Yes I DO have a bank acct, but all I have is what I make from baby sitting on weekends and I have already heard of people losing what they have to those types of scams, besides the red flag was when the email said Kenya, I don't have any relatives outside of Canada except my first cousin in North Carolina, which could explain the Forest guy

[TFFOX]
Members
796 posts
1,599 battles
3 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

I got you beat, I get trump ads, pence ads and some guy named Forest? 

and I live in Alberta ever if I was 21, I couldn't vote in the American election

I did juts get one from my aunt in Kenya though, turns out my uncle died in their civil war and left me 64 million USD, and she needs my bank acct number and routing number so she can wire it to me, I hate to say this but Yes I DO have a bank acct, but all I have is what I make from baby sitting on weekends and I have already heard of people losing what they have to those types of scams, besides the red flag was when the email said Kenya, I don't have any relatives outside of Canada except my first cousin in North Carolina, which could explain the Forest guy

jeez, that's a lot of spam. thank god i have gmail.

[WOLFG]
Members
10,561 posts
9,825 battles
On 10/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, AdmiralFox08 said:

I get a fair amount of spam too, even one or 2 trump things ( wth im only 12 and i cant vote), but I legit have a email i use for gaming only lol

and the ukranian national lottery thing is someone trying to get ur bank acct # so they can steal ur money. 

Do you parents know you hang around with the likes of us?

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this