Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeadIyArT

Radar Yueyang with unique upgrade

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

179
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
667 posts
12,575 battles

Almost got my Unique Upgrade for free on stage 4 right now.  Been looking at since its UU updates,  run with radar and (Surveillance radar mod 1)  UU & BFT.  I think this thing could be a monster DD hunter with good torps to boot. I think it could compete with Smaland.

It would have would lose stealth but get a 7.5km radar with 35sec duration.

with a reload time 3s with BFT and add AR it could go down even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,265 posts
21,684 battles

Didn't know you could get TY to 3 sec reload...

But giving up concealment on a slow dd without smoke....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
991
[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,328 posts
13,303 battles
33 minutes ago, DeadIyArT said:

Almost got my Unique Upgrade for free on stage 4 right now.  Been looking at since its UU updates,  run with radar and (Surveillance radar mod 1)  UU & BFT.  I think this thing could be a monster DD hunter with good torps to boot. I think it could compete with Smaland.

You will be very disappointed. Smaland has a base HE DPM of 247K. YY even with UU is only 190K. Even Halland has 210K.

YY also doesn't have any concealment advantage over Smaland, UU or not, since Smaland can just pop radar when detected. Effectively making YY's concealment 7.5km.

And her torpedo reload is almost Shimakaze level slow. DWT also isn't as effective as when it first came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
179
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
667 posts
12,575 battles
2 hours ago, chewonit said:

You will be very disappointed. Smaland has a base HE DPM of 247K. YY even with UU is only 190K. Even Halland has 210K.

YY also doesn't have any concealment advantage over Smaland, UU or not, since Smaland can just pop radar when detected. Effectively making YY's concealment 7.5km.

And her torpedo reload is almost Shimakaze level slow. DWT also isn't as effective as when it first came out.

rounds every 4s standard doing 1800 HE damage max. With BFT 4*.10=0.4 With UU 4x.20=0.8   0.8+0.4=1.2   4-1.2=2.8    60 / 2.8 =21.428     21.428*6=128.568 RPM   128.568*1800= 231.4k 

If you land ever shell pen and did max damage.

 Unless my math is off.  

With gun set up that better then smaland,  you can have 2 gun firing at all times, well the smaland would have to give you a broad side to fire both of them.  With the speed better then smaland you can run it down. 

once i unlock the UU i will give it a shot to see if it works or a bust and waste of time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21
[WOLFA]
Beta Testers
73 posts
19,368 battles

I have the UU and have NEVER mounted it, granted that was before the rebork. My YY is setup for max torpedo and I reserve gunboating for Chung which is honestly the better ship now. I do run radar on both though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
991
[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,328 posts
13,303 battles
15 hours ago, DeadIyArT said:

rounds every 4s standard doing 1800 HE damage max. With BFT 4*.10=0.4 With UU 4x.20=0.8   0.8+0.4=1.2   4-1.2=2.8    60 / 2.8 =21.428     21.428*6=128.568 RPM   128.568*1800= 231.4k 

Your math is off. UU + BFT gets you 4 * 0.9 * 0.85 = 3.06 second reload. The reduction is multiplication, not addition. It comes out to 211.7K HE DPM. You can add MBM2 upgrade and get 240K.

Now do the same full gun build on Smaland, Halland, and Gearing. They will have 311.9K, 265K, and 272.7K HE DPM. The Ikeaboats also have better fire chance with higher total RPM.

And you also can't torp them. So they don't have to care about angling against possible torps. But you have to.

No. You are not going to win one-on-one against them with equal skill level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×