Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Suzuki

Jean Bart

13 comments in this topic

Members
388 posts
4,257 battles

Hello captains!

Just a quick question: does anyone know when the Jean Bart will be brought back to the Armory? I was looking to buy one before they removed it, but I finally have enough coal+steel now, so I was just wondering.

Thanks!

Members
3,832 posts
13,788 battles

Not any time soon. I dont think theyve rotated a removed coal/steel ship back into rotation yet. My guess, if you do see anytime relative soon, it'll be for USD. 

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

JBB (Jean Bart Black) is likely to be released for black friday this year.

[ODIN]
Members
156 posts
8,099 battles
5 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

JBB (Jean Bart Black) is likely to be released for black friday this year.

Yup, and it will most likely be at a 15% discount if WG goes by the same system as they did last year. 

Members
204 posts
25 battles

I maybe mistaken but to my knowledge no ship that has been formerly sold for Coal or Free XP and removed has ever been returned for sale.*

*(Except indirectly through random chance with Santa Crates or something like a charity auction.)

[POP]
Members
4,670 posts
12,429 battles

When Jean Bart and Smolensk were removed, the official reason given was not that they were too strong, just too popular and were saturating the MM pool, and it the removal announcement said "these ships will be removed for an undefined time, but may return in future." However, there are two reasons why I'd say they will probably never come back (unless WoWS is on its way out and WG wants to milk the last little bits of money they can) - that's a very similar wording to the removal notice for Missouri, and as long as santa crates exist and WG can use them to entice whales with removed ships they'll permanently be rare ships. Of course, they could come back for direct purchase in-game, but I fully expect at least Jean Bart to be among the 'rare ships' list this December along with Missouri and Musashi. If Smolensk shows up as well, that would mean that Smolensk is also permanently gone and would set a precedent for other t10 special ships in the future.

5 hours ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

I maybe mistaken but to my knowledge no ship that has been formerly sold for Coal or Free XP and removed has ever been returned for sale.*

*(Except indirectly through random chance with Santa Crates or something like a charity auction.)

Except for Flint, Black, and Neustrashimy (which were removed due to a lack of popularity and were confirmed to be coming back for coal at some point), no removed premium has ever come back for direct purchase. They've been available in the santa crates, but the closest we've ever gotten to any of them being directly purchasable again was during one of the charity events last year, where some of the ultra rare removed ships were available as rewards for certain donation levels. The donation 'prices' were insanely high (Missouri was $400 I think), and as expected they sold out within a second or two of the relevant donation opening.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,570 posts
8,263 battles

Smolensk I would also not count on seeing in crates. Jean Bart was in Santa crates last year even before it was removed, but Smolensk is a Tier X, and there's no precedent for a Tier X ship in crates.

... But there's a first time for everything, I guess.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,518 battles
22 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Smolensk I would also not count on seeing in crates. Jean Bart was in Santa crates last year even before it was removed, but Smolensk is a Tier X, and there's no precedent for a Tier X ship in crates.

... But there's a first time for everything, I guess.

Announcing that you may get the Smolensk with a 0.01% chance from a Christmas container will push the sales of those lootboxes.

Don't have hopes that you will get the regular JB back for any currency. They promised a year ago, that the Benham will be avialable again.

Last time someone asked about it in a Q&A, the answer was: we have no plan for doing this.

[RVNHQ]
Members
316 posts
9,935 battles

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Jean Bart Black. I can easily see WG locking her away behind Black Friday loot crates.

Edited by Beleaf_

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,518 battles
4 hours ago, Beleaf_ said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Jean Bart Black. I can easily see WG locking her away behind Black Friday loot crates.

They sold the ships also for $$. They just added some fluff, so be prepared to pay some extra.

[ICBM]
Members
0 posts

If you want to have JB, you better buy the JB black come this black friday. I don't expect to see that one in armory again. 

ETA:

And you definitely SHOULD buy thunderer. I'm surprised it's lasted in the armory this long. A fantastic ship. 

Edited by mrieder79

Sign in to follow this