Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mahrs

What I like about Tier 6...

14 comments in this topic

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

...is that you can run a N00B Captain and skip almost every signal and still be competative (in many ships).  If this Captain skill rework came with a universal reduction in DD concealment and a removal of CE for DD Captains, that would certainly make them more accessible at mid tier...alas, alas...but, I can dream, no?  Cruisers and BB, don't suffer quite so badly with low skill Captains.  Good times...

https://replayswows.com/replay/111720#video

In terms for raw damage, that's my best DeGrasse match, I think.  Some day I'll learn to turn these into Krakens.  I am training my DD Captain at the moment, because DD are almost-but-not-quite unplayable by mid tier without CE and I really don't enjoy da cub life at T4. 

PS: solid that the "cover shot" for that vid is a BB salvo into the drink, heh. Probably the KGV that hung his team out IIRC.

Edited by Mahrs
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[PHD]
Members
1,690 posts
7,036 battles
12 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

...is that you can run a N00B Captain and skip almost every signal and still be competative (in many ships).  If this Captain skill rework came with a universal reduction in DD concealment and a removal of CE for DD Captains, that would certainly make them more accessible at mid tier...alas, alas...but, I can dream, no?  Cruisers and BB, don't suffer quite so badly with low skill Captains.  Good times...

https://replayswows.com/replay/111720#video

In terms for raw damage, that's my best DeGrasse match, I think.  Some day I'll learn to turn these into Krakens.  I am training my DD Captain at the moment, because DD are almost-but-not-quite unplayable by mid tier without CE and I really don't enjoy da cub life at T4. 

The French DDs can work without it since they are out spotted anyway. Just play at longer range. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,708 posts
9,292 battles
16 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

...is that you can run a N00B Captain and skip almost every signal and still be competative (in many ships). 

I'll tell you a secret.

With the general level of competition out there, you can do it in high tiers too lol. (other than CE for DDs)

• Haha 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,756 battles

DDs and CVs are the two classes that are captain skill requirement heavy...

Dont go beyond tier 5 without CE as a DD. Dont go beyond tier 6 without both extra plane armor and extra plane health as a CV.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,293 posts
4,523 battles

T6 is a lot of fun. Stock grinds and retrains are also painless since you have Ops. Every ships is fairly competitive, I loved my T6 time.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,995 posts
10,430 battles
1 hour ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

The French DDs can work without it since they are out spotted anyway. Just play at longer range. 

The same applies to the Russian gunboat destroyers. I’m grinding the line and passed over CE for AFT as my first 4 pt skill. I plan on grinding to Khabarovsk first, and currently don’t plan on grabbing CE at all. 

Edited by Nevermore135

[SALVO]
Members
2,517 posts
6,676 battles
1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

The same applies to the Russian gunboat destroyers. I’m grinding the line and passed over CE for AFT as my first 4 pt skill. I plan on grinding to Khabarovsk first, and currently don’t plan on grabbing CE at all. 

Yep , My Grozovoi gunboat build doesn't have it either.  Though I think its a better gunboat then Kaba . 

- Kaba does have more dpm due to having 2 more guns though slower reload .

- Grozi  beats the Kaba for range until the kaba fits its UU and then the kaba is only up by 80m  . 

- Grozi gets to have more consumables, not having to choose between smoke and heal.  Plus grozi gets  DefAA. 

- Grozi is smaller

- Grozi has better turning  and rudder shift.

- Kaba has better speed and accel. 

- Kaba eats full BB AP pens. 

- Grozi gets far better concealment at 6.6  vs Kabas 9.7  without CE.  Because kaba has to drop concealment module for its UU. 

- Grozi has better torpedoes and can always stealth torp. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,830 posts
4,733 battles

Tier VI is also goof because there are some Scenarios available.

[PHD]
Members
1,690 posts
7,036 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

I have two Captains I switch between one has AFT/ DE the other CE / IFHE with either if you are shooting your detection goes way up with gun bloom.  I need to decide if AFT is useful or not with floaty 127 shells (Marceau the 139s are not as bad) it is a little hard to hit smaller targets at 15 km.

Edited by GrayPanther2018
Additional information

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles
3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Do yourself a favor...don't.  Seriously.  I have Khaba...second T10 for me.  I recently counted up my T10 ships (it's 3, not a lot to keep track of) and completely forgot Khaba because of how seldom I take it out...just not enjoyable to play since being nerfed into the sea bed. 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,995 posts
10,430 battles
4 minutes ago, Mahrs said:

Do yourself a favor...don't.  Seriously.  I have Khaba...second T10 for me.  I recently counted up my T10 ships (it's 3, not a lot to keep track of) and completely forgot Khaba because of how seldom I take it out...just not enjoyable to play since being nerfed into the sea bed. 

I’m not really interested in Khabarovsk itself, to be honest. I really like the playstyle of the lower tier DDs, and it’s my understanding that Tashkent is currently the superior ship in the line. There’s also the non-zero possibility that DD R-10 replaces Khabarovsk at the top of the tree as was the case with Nevsky/Moskva.

[GOCRY]
Members
634 posts

I also love Tier 6.  I’ve been playing there a bunch recently, and can’t say that the CVs have really been a problem.

Icarus, Farragut, Budyonny/Molotov, New Mexico/Arizona, Fuso - all fun ships.

Sign in to follow this