You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
andy1285

CV still ruin the game

63 comments in this topic

[SPITZ]
Members
1 post
8,962 battles

If been playing warships since it was started. I have spend alot money in this game but I'm going to stop playing completely till something is done with cv.  They are ruining game play. Defense aa does nothing on any ship except halland.  It's a shame that such a good game is unplayable now.  

• Cool 21
  • Thanks 6
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 11

[WOLFC]
Members
2,000 posts
10,434 battles

That’s odd - I played the game just yesterday and encountered no problems... What exactly was this catastrophic change that occurred in the last 24 hours to render the game unplayable? :cap_old:

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[RLGN]
Members
14,945 posts
26,466 battles
2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

That’s odd - I played the game just yesterday and encountered no problems... What exactly was this catastrophic change that occurred in the last 24 hours to render the game unplayable? :cap_old:

Didn’t happen last night; it happened almost two years ago now.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,000 posts
10,434 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Didn’t happen last night; it happened almost two years ago now.

And yet myself and thousands of others have been playing this “unplayable” game during the entirety of that period, and my level of enjoyment is the same as ever, if not greater.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
868 posts
1,262 battles
42 minutes ago, andy1285 said:

till something is done with cv.  They are ruining game play.

901193998_2020-09-27(1).thumb.png.4a498411d0d4566e990db7c62be6a76a.pngNot sure what you mean here.1990526379_2020-09-25(1).thumb.png.5ac61e18d9cd357d2af7e91effa124e8.pngI'm having a lot of fun actually. :Smile_trollface:

• Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[REVY]
Members
8,098 posts
6,118 battles
45 minutes ago, andy1285 said:

If been playing warships since it was started. I have spend alot money in this game but I'm going to stop playing completely till something is done with cv.  They are ruining game play. Defense aa does nothing on any ship except halland.  It's a shame that such a good game is unplayable now.  

WGing already has your money, that's all that matters.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,188 posts
14,754 battles

One thing you can absolutely expect with online games is that they change over time. So I am going to guess that the OP is still trying to play how they did before the rework and that just doesn't work any more.

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,025 posts

Go sink them. I am out hunting them tonight for the lulz and I am a CV main.

shot-20.10.23_23.43.13-0244.jpg

shot-20.10.23_23.43.11-0920.jpg

shot-20.10.23_23.43.35-0563.jpg

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,016 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

And yet myself and others have been playing this game during the entirety of that period, and my level of enjoyment is the same as ever.

Well, you ARE a BB main, and one who plays a lot of USN ships. You know, the really big ones with huge health pools and a crapload of AA. DDs do have it somewhat differently.

• Cool 2

[BINGO]
Members
126 posts
9,025 battles

Nah, Op just got tired of the ever increasing number of planes in the air slowly changing the meta of a warships game.  That simple really, I play a mere fraction of previous moments in the time of WoWs.  Many have left for exactly that reason it is just a matter of diminishing fun factor.   I still log in hoping for those games free of cv's.  Now CV's have overpopulated the game with airplanes.  

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,945 posts
26,466 battles
4 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

And yet myself and thousands of others have been playing this “unplayable” game during the entirety of that period, and my level of enjoyment is the same as ever, if not greater.

Hooray for you?

2 hours ago, Umikami said:

Well, you ARE a BB main, and one who plays a lot of USN ships. You know, the really big ones with huge health pools and a crapload of AA. DDs do have it somewhat differently.

Umi has made one point about your answer, I'll offer another.

I wasn't all that good at it, but I liked RTS. Despite what so many say about the new carriers being 'easy' to use; from my perspective that isn't the case.

I couldn't use manual attacks in RTS, but there was an auto atack function for lesser accuracy, so at least there was that, and Co-op, where my weaknesses with RTS didn't matter as much.

No everything is manual attacks.

Pardon me for not 'enjoying' the game as much as you, and pardon me for not being happy WG took away everything I liked about carriers, and leaving me with everything I hated.

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
732 posts
6,013 battles
5 hours ago, andy1285 said:

Can I have your stuff?

• Haha 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

I've played the reworked CVs since day one and am still not very good with them. Seeing that I oftentimes come in higher on my team with my CV than my opponent's CV does on his tells me that a lot of other people are not very good with them either. You might have something to fear from the CV unicums but your odds of actually running into one one are pretty slim. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
3 hours ago, Willawaw said:

tired of the ever increasing number of planes in the air slowly changing the meta of a warships game.  CV's have overpopulated the game with airplanes.  

Welcome to World War II.

• Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,127 battles
5 hours ago, andy1285 said:

Oink! Any average player can deal with planes. Depending on planes, you move differently and you use your sector reinforcement. What an average player manages difficultly is planes and shells. Either you learn how to multi task or you avoid this kind of situation by positioning your ship cunningly. But as all Noobists, you want to change the game. We, the player base, say NO to Noobism! Goltz

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

Just played a match in my Midway. CVs hardly dominated the game, especially as most of the ships had really good AA. I mostly just ran around trying to spot for my team as any ship I got near enough to attack would usually just down all my planes. I finally was able to sink one pesky Halland that kept contesting a much-needed cap but only after losing half my planes to it and, as you can see, I only dealt it the final blow after my team took most of its health off. The real killers on my team were the cruisers and battleships, the same went for the other team.

image.png.fa4a1bf2544129e086011bebaa802f8f.png

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[BB35]
Members
457 posts
13,251 battles

People cant island camp or bow tank with a good CV player. You need to keep moving. 

I like CVs for this reason. 

What Id like them to adress is T3/4 ships AA or make it so teams can only have 1 cv per side rqther than 2 most games.

I like playing T3/4 qt times. WW1 boats are a blast but not when you cant shoot planes.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,913 posts
12,319 battles
5 hours ago, Willawaw said:

ever increasing number of planes in the air slowly changing the meta of a warships game. 

Except there isn't an ever increasomg number of planes in the air; and even if there were you cant have a credible 20th century naval game without naval aviation. Even the BBs and cruisers were mini-CVs, Warspite's catapult bomber was bombing German DDs ar Narvik and spotting at other times. Evem the aiming reticle is from the elevation of an aircraft.

What has changed, is the number of border campers who so happen to find the farthest island from the objectice and snipe from their maximum range; using spotting planes. What's even more obnoxious, is this happens in 0 CV games 50% of the time.

its like playera from other naval games are sneaking in here! :Smile_hiding:

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,470 posts
17,814 battles

Got the below earlier this month with the Massachusetts. I get the fact that AA isn't what it used to be and all but seriously if a BB can shoot down 76 planes in a match and survive then, well, can't we all just adjust? Carriers aren't going anywhere so change your spec and learn to deal with it, or leave I guess. All of these threads aren't going to change the developer's minds about carriers. They make money by selling them so we as players have to deal with it. Don't spend money on the game if you're that upset but leaving a good game isn't helping.

I can give you my simple tips for dealing with carriers but honestly I'm not a good player and everything I do has been said a million times before by far better captains: turning in instead of turning out, anticipating the attack run, making sure fighters and priority sector are active, don't sail in a straight line yadda yadda. I'm sorry the OP is having a rough run with carriers but maybe the upcoming captain respec will help...but maybe not. I wish him well either way. 

shot-20_10.08_15_41.21-0321.jpg.604f7a8c29fe1738e632fb823b1b25c4.jpg

• Thanks 1

[ANKER]
Members
373 posts
6,430 battles
8 hours ago, andy1285 said:

The game is still playable even there is a CV in game....For now they are the most OP class will large amount of planes that can hit you over and over and over again without any counter to it just the WASD hacks.

Just get used to it since nothing will change.

[ANKER]
Members
373 posts
6,430 battles
9 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Got the below earlier this month with the Massachusetts. I get the fact that AA isn't what it used to be and all but seriously if a BB can shoot down 76 planes in a match and survive then, well, can't we all just adjust? Carriers aren't going anywhere so change your spec and learn to deal with it, or leave I guess. All of these threads aren't going to change the developer's minds about carriers. They make money by selling them so we as players have to deal with it. Don't spend money on the game if you're that upset but leaving a good game isn't helping.

I can give you my simple tips for dealing with carriers but honestly I'm not a good player and everything I do has been said a million times before by far better captains: turning in instead of turning out, anticipating the attack run, making sure fighters and priority sector are active, don't sail in a straight line yadda yadda. I'm sorry the OP is having a rough run with carriers but maybe the upcoming captain respec will help...but maybe not. I wish him well either way. 

shot-20_10.08_15_41.21-0321.jpg.604f7a8c29fe1738e632fb823b1b25c4.jpg

Thats  a lot of tier 6 plane  kills  bud good job.

• Cool 1

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

such fun and engaging gameplay when a midway or MVR can take 10-15kHP off your ship with double fires while you shoot down 1 plane.

• Thanks 2