You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Klaus_Conqueror

Refuse to Buy a Tech-tree Ship with Doubloons

18 comments in this topic

[FOXY]
Members
1,154 posts
5,394 battles
4 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

Silly. A t9 for $4

The ability to skip replaying the Colorado, Kansas, and Stock Minnesota? Priceless.

Skipping to tier 9 in a tech tree for 4$ is amazing, aaand so is being able to build EXP on it prior to the launch of the Vermont. Somehow im sure it will be the first tier 10 i get despite my lack of interest.

Edited by Princess_Daystar
  • Cool 1

[-A-8-]
Members
508 posts
20,513 battles

Ordinarily I'd agree but in this instance I'd say well worth it as it means you wouldn't need to play the Kansas.

• Cool 2

[SNGNS]
Members
571 posts
6,531 battles

your choice. knowing when and on what to spend money and where to draw the line is a good set of skills. good on you.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,066 posts
22,585 battles

Whatever floats your (other) boat...

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

You have the choice, right now, to pay 1000 doubloons to get immediate access to a Tier 9 ship and not having to grind through several ships or spend FAR MORE than 1000 doubloons worth of FreeXP conversion? And you're complaining about it?

Weird. For the price of a latte, you can skip many hours of gameplay, credit grinding, and captain retraining. I'd scoop that up in a heartbeat. Hell, I'm sure absolutely everyone envies you that this is the very first bundle that popped up for you.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
1,758 posts
26,511 battles

I knew Kansas was actually Toto well before chasing it down via the mission tokens, but having it fully uprated and permanently painted rather than facing it hobbled and naked moved me to run the quest. If I were face with this deal, I might go for it for the same reasons. It wouldn't actually "cost" me anything because all the gold I have has come from daily bonuses, "S" containers, and mission rewards. I've never expended $$ for gold.

[WOLFC]
Members
508 posts
7,362 battles

Look at it another way. That's the cheapest price you'll ever see for FXP. 

Not saying you should take it, but if that's your first bundle, I would.

[POSM]
Members
139 posts
1,952 battles

I wish I had Minnesota as my first bundle, I’d buy that in a heartbeat, time is money after all and a head start on grinding to Vermont would be nice to have. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,392 posts
4,198 battles

If you want Minnesota, then it's probably worth it. If you have no interest in the new line, then yeah, skip it. But if you want Vermont (and that's a big if) I'd pay the 1K doubloons to skip Kansas in a heartbeat. Probably end up paying that much in FXP to get the modules for Minnesota anyway.

I'm not a fan of the early access thing WG has been doing recently, paying (or gambling) for tech tree ships is just bleh. But, if you want the new ships in this case you've gotten a pretty good deal.

[BUOY]
Members
1,098 posts
15,191 battles

That $4 worth of dubs gets you the equivalent of 50k+ XP (and depending on how much you've ground out USN BB's it could be a lot more), 15-16 million credits, a port slot, a T9 for snowflakes (75 steel in a month) and a 'premium' captain trainer while in early access.

I'd reconsider, but you do you.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,024 posts
17,079 battles

Oh man is that your first bundle? If yes then I would have bought that lol.... 

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I wish I would have been lucky enough to get that as my very first bundle because I wouldn't really having an issue paying 1000 dubs to skip all the grinding IF the bundle would have came up immediately but what I won't do spend 1000 dubs for a 1 in 65 chance that MAYBE I might get to buy the Minnesota for 1000 dubs.