Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Speedstang

Infernal Camoflauge on CVs?

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

122
[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,274 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/premium-shop-099-halloween/

From looking around google it seems that these did not work on CVs in 2019, but the current descriptions claim "any tier X ship" and "any Tier VIII ship (except for ARP Takao, HSF Harekaze, AL Yukikaze, AL Littorio, Ragnarok, Ignis Purgatio, and AL Montpelier)". 

Does anyone know if they now work on CVs or if this is just an oversight? Also, if they do work are there any images of what they look like? Particularly the planes, since other CV camos seem to affect them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,231
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,035 posts

All my CVs already have a premium camo but I noticed that too.  If they do work on CVs, I will not being buying one just to replace a premium camo that I already have, but I am curious what they look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,921
[WOLFG]
Members
30,780 posts
9,354 battles
40 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/premium-shop-099-halloween/

From looking around google it seems that these did not work on CVs in 2019, but the current descriptions claim "any tier X ship" and "any Tier VIII ship (except for ARP Takao, HSF Harekaze, AL Yukikaze, AL Littorio, Ragnarok, Ignis Purgatio, and AL Montpelier)". 

Does anyone know if they now work on CVs or if this is just an oversight? Also, if they do work are there any images of what they look like? Particularly the planes, since other CV camos seem to affect them.

If the Shokaku camo that makes it look like it's having unholy congress with some bat-winged undead creature is what you're talking about, I saw one last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,231
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,035 posts
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

If the Shokaku camo that makes it look like it's having unholy congress with some bat-winged undead creature is what you're talking about, I saw one last week.

No that's the specific one for that ship.  These are the "one size fit's all" Halloween premium camos.  In the previous years they could be applied to most any ship, except CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,324
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,697 posts
7,099 battles

I

49 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/premium-shop-099-halloween/

From looking around google it seems that these did not work on CVs in 2019, but the current descriptions claim "any tier X ship" and "any Tier VIII ship (except for ARP Takao, HSF Harekaze, AL Yukikaze, AL Littorio, Ragnarok, Ignis Purgatio, and AL Montpelier)". 

Does anyone know if they now work on CVs or if this is just an oversight? Also, if they do work are there any images of what they look like? Particularly the planes, since other CV camos seem to affect them.

I  have one of the universal perma-Halloween camos on my Shokaku...  The " creature" effect is not quite as nice as the other ships,  but they will attach....   Place it on in port and don't lock it in.. you can see it.    Not really an issue for me as I  turn off all the non-typical camos in my settings.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,274 battles
1 minute ago, iRA6E said:

I  have one of the universal perma-Halloween camos on my Shokaku...  The " creature" effect is not quite as nice as the other ships,  but they will attach....   Place it on in port and don't lock it in.. you can see it.    Not really an issue for me as I  turn off all the non-typical camos in my settings.   

I don't own one, hence this post. Would you happen to have a screenshot of it?

Edited by Speedstang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,921
[WOLFG]
Members
30,780 posts
9,354 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

No that's the specific one for that ship.  These are the "one size fit's all" Halloween premium camos.  In the previous years they could be applied to most any ship, except CVs.

Ah ok. Can't say then, as I wouldn't have noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,324
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,697 posts
7,099 battles
Just now, Speedstang said:

I don't own one, hence this post. Would you happen to have a screenshot of it?

Not here.. But if I can remember I'll try and post a screen  later when I am home.   That change sort of flew under the radar about 4-5 patches ago..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,617
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles
29 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

I don't own one, hence this post. Would you happen to have a screenshot of it?

I don't have Shokaku either, but I have access to the internet:

x9BdooL.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,231
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,035 posts
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

I don't have Shokaku either, but I have access to the internet:

x9BdooL.jpg

Wow.  The infernal camos that look like water world on all the other ships, turn into the "creature" camos on CVs?

That's, interesting.  They don't turn into the Halloween ship specific "creature" camos on every other class, that I know of anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,274 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

I don't have Shokaku either, but I have access to the internet:

 

That's the Shokaku specific Great Gorgon camo, I meant the Infernal camo that you can apply to any ship. (Unless they look the same, but given that they put the Great Gorgon camo into the Halloween lootboxes that seems unlikely? Not sure.)

t.PNG

Edited by Speedstang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,231
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,035 posts
40 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

I

I  have one of the universal perma-Halloween camos on my Shokaku...  The " creature" effect is not quite as nice as the other ships,  but they will attach....   Place it on in port and don't lock it in.. you can see it.    Not really an issue for me as I  turn off all the non-typical camos in my settings.   

 

8 minutes ago, Lert said:

I don't have Shokaku either, but I have access to the internet:

x9BdooL.jpg

 

3 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

That's the Shokaku specific Great Gorgon camo, I meant the Infernal camo that you can apply to any ship. (Unless they look the same, but given that they put this camo into the Halloween lootboxes that seems unlikely? Not sure.)

t.PNG

I think the two posts above you, are saying that on the CVs only, the inferno camos DO become the ship specific camos, more or less.  Which is.....interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,617
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Wow.  The infernal camos that look like water world on all the other ships, turn into the "creature" camos on CVs?

No. This is a Shokaku specific camouflage unrelated to the waterworld ones, here displayed on my Friesland:

x9ihFNc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,231
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,035 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

No. This is a Shokaku specific camouflage unrelated to the waterworld ones, here displayed on my Friesland:

x9ihFNc.jpg

Oh, thanks for clarification then.  We are asking what the inferno camos (waterworld) look like on the CVs, they never worked on CVs in the past sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,617
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Oh, thanks for clarification then.  We are asking what the inferno camos look like on the CVs, they never worked on CVs in the past sales.

That I can't help you with as I don't have one of those camos available to try on one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,231
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,035 posts

You know what?  I can test fit one on a CV but not actually apply it.  I can use a T8 premium on something, sometime.  Stand by, I will just find out and post it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,324
[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,697 posts
7,099 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

No. This is a Shokaku specific camouflage unrelated to the waterworld ones, here displayed on my Friesland:

x9ihFNc.jpg

 

5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Oh, thanks for clarification then.  We are asking what the inferno camos look like on the CVs, they never worked on CVs in the past sales.

I think OP is referring to the universal type camos that were given away in last years Halloween event... they would permanently link to any Tier 8 ship.. when they originally were awarded they would not be attached to any of the CVs.. a few months later I tried one and it surprising attached and gave the bonuses..  Like I said it's not nearly as spectacular as the original CV specific event ones.. but it does give somewhat of an lesser creature effect..   Like I said.. I'll try and remember to post a screenshot in port.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,231
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,035 posts
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You know what?  I can test fit one on a CV but not actually apply it.  I can use a T8 premium on something, sometime.  Stand by, I will just find out and post it up.

Here we are on the Lexington, they work.

 

shot-20.10.23_15.59.31-0050.jpg

 

shot-20.10.23_16.00.35-0691.jpg

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,617
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles
14 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Here we are on the Lexington, they work.

Thanks for testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,274 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Here we are on the Lexington, they work.

Thanks a ton for checking! Questioning the safety of those planes though, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,231
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,035 posts
6 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

Thanks a ton for checking! Questioning the safety of those planes though, lol.

No problem.  Right? 

Ok Mike and Billy, you are on the Midway.  You 200 new guys, we need you over there on the Lexington. 

Uh.....you mean that rust bucket? 

Don't worry, she'll hold together...You hear me Lex?.....Hold together......

:Smile_veryhappy:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[EFCSG]
[EFCSG]
Members
30 posts
3,288 battles

i managed to get the tier 8 and 9 from last year put the tier 8 on my graf zep at the time and recently put the tier 9 on my lion :)

 


 

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.24 - 00.27.48.45.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.24 - 00.27.39.88.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×