You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DrB33t

Replace Tier 1 ships.

11 comments in this topic

[RCII]
Members
5 posts
1,661 battles

The current tier 1s are not beginner friendly and require more skill than many tier 3s. Give the people some armor before you introduce them to light cruisers. TIER 1 SHOULD EXCLUSIVELY BE A BATTLESHIP TIER as battleships are objectively the easiest to play and the most noob friendly. Something like a St Louis is far more beginner friendly than any tier 1. There are many predreadnoughts from the 1880s/1890s that would work well at tier 1.

Not a problem for me but just trying to make the game better.

• Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,451 posts

For me, they were perfect and I really miss playing them. The T1 ships as they are teach the basics for all types, how to drive the ship, to handle speed, etc, but most importantly, how to aim.

The thing is, most people don;t stay in T1 long enough to actually learn ENOUGH for later tiers, that is the sad thing. People would also get bored if it was just slow old BB's all the time.

I suspect you miss the point of what T1 is all about, but that is fine.

• Cool 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,913 posts
12,319 battles
10 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

The thing is, most people don;t stay in T1 long enough to actually learn ENOUGH for later tiers,

It's extremely hard to learn enough for later tiers when there are no AP shells for citadels to angle Against and no torpedoes to dodge. T2 has become the new t1, because for the most part, t1 is all about the operator's controls and the benefit of shooting the same target as everyone else.

Edited by Crokodone
  • Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,451 posts
13 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

It's extremely hard to learn enough for later tiers when there are no AP shells for citadels to angle Against and no torpedoes to dodge. T2 has become the new t1, because for te most part, t1 is all about the operator's controls and the benefit of shooting the same target as everyone else.

Obviously, just like children starting school, they won't teach you algebra from the start till you actually first learn to count. T1 ships do what they are supposed to do... get you used to playing the basic game first... its for N00BS... T1 is not for experienced players... I've been playing this game right from the start but I cannot remember the last time i played them, except they were FUN... without the learning curve been too steep... that is the reason they don't teach you about clans till you've earned the right... what would be the point of a n00b just starting with 4 T1 ships even THINKING about clans till they have a T10 ship.... the pity of it is that these days, people just BUY a T10 ship after only having played one game... and they are the people that moan the most about the game being too hard because they keep getting sunk... in my opinion, as a long time player, is the way it is now... is perfect... T1 is a fun Tier without overloading and exploding a new players brain... new players don't NEED to worry about citadels... and even then, there are many excellent videos on how to angle a ship and getting maximum number of citadels... check out YOUtube and @Sea_Lord_Mountbatten as one EXCELLENT source to learn....

• Cool 2

[BB-57]
Members
371 posts
14,546 battles

Just me, but I really enjoy when all the directives/ missions/ special whatever are done and I can hop into tier 1 ships and just pew pew. Simple can be fun.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,042 posts
26,089 battles

Tier 1 should be as simple for the new player as possible.  The current set-up is fine.  Only one type of ammo, and players learn how to maneuver their ships.  They then advance to tier 2 where they learn about ammo selection (including torpedoes) and angling to mitigate damage. 

[TWE]
Beta Testers
199 posts
1,474 battles

It's not so much as a differing ship class, so much as a proper tutorial will make the game more noob friendly as you say. 

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
654 posts
9,692 battles
17 hours ago, DrB33t said:

The current tier 1s are not beginner friendly and require more skill than many tier 3s. Give the people some armor before you introduce them to light cruisers. TIER 1 SHOULD EXCLUSIVELY BE A BATTLESHIP TIER as battleships are objectively the easiest to play and the most noob friendly. Something like a St Louis is far more beginner friendly than any tier 1. There are many predreadnoughts from the 1880s/1890s that would work well at tier 1.

Not a problem for me but just trying to make the game better.

1. Its the basic ship of the game and they know they have to progress past it and if they dont then nothing is lost as at that point its a free game.

2. its not hard to progress past tier 1 with the XP that you need, the ship handling  you need and the basic guns.

3. If you think its hard then you need to get out more.  Its the stage where they can see what they need to learn, how to handle guns and sights, how to use gun trajectors and lead the aim, basic torpedo skills or for some ship none.

4. Setting the bar high is the challenge for all humans to overcome and get to the next level and the next etc.  tier 1 is not a high bar, its a start , a taste to let you see whats in store and wet  your appetite for the future.

5. I saw a guys stats once and he was using tier 1 victories to pad his stats and improve his percentage it was so easy.

6. Are  you seriously asking Wargaming to develop tier one?  everyone else in wow would laugh at you for that.

Edited by DevilD0g

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
654 posts
9,692 battles
3 hours ago, Trophy_Wench said:

It's not so much as a differing ship class, so much as a proper tutorial will make the game more noob friendly as you say. 

This is something i agree with as in the beginning i learnt most of the things i know now from watching yt vids

Before they are allowed to play they should be directed to a part of the game that they have to complete and watch and tick the box on some wargaming vids or "a vid" on basics.

[RCII]
Members
5 posts
1,661 battles
On 10/23/2020 at 8:20 PM, DevilD0g said:

Before they are allowed to play they should be directed to a part of the game that they have to complete and watch and tick the box on some wargaming vids or "a vid" on basics. 

That's an extra barrier to entry for new players and would literally scare away new players. People just want to play the game not take a test or study. Horrible idea.

[VAE]
Members
44 posts
3,910 battles

With all due respect, World of Warships is not a difficult game to pick up.  Yes, there is strategy.  Yes, it takes a while to get it.  However, in my opinion there is no barrier to entry worth mentioning here.