Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

WG Sticking To There Guns ( OP Russian Ofcourse ) No Tier 3 Regia Marina Battleship

11 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,926 posts
23,696 battles

Well we have several blogs which for the most part sound and looked good, but the one thing I was hoping to read was a reversal of decision on the a Tier 3 Tricolor flagged Battleship.

Very Disappointing to say the least, there is certainly designs there that could and should be looked at even if some modification was needed.

Looks at Iron Dukes B Hull with modern Anti Aircraft Artillery suite or PEF's 1941 refit / modernization etc etc etc.   

This is a BAD DECISION  

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[UFFA]
Members
2,116 posts
75 battles

Speaking of Iron Duke if Lesta wasn’t full speed ahead at minimum effort there is a basis for a post war refit for Cavour the same way Iron Duke and others were given such  

https://stefsap.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/rn-leonardo-da-vinci-rebuilding-plans/

A modest speed boost, different secondary, and slightly different masts.

As it is Lesta is passing on actual refit hulls for Cavour, Veneto. Also ignoring developing new art assets for new weapon systems to more accurately equip tier IX and X battleships. Sadly I don’t see how a tier III is making it in. 

Edited by Sparviero

[EQRN]
Members
2,130 posts
18,633 battles

No interest in a T3 BB - now why would that be WG?  What could possibly make low tier play undesirable?  Must be the fault of the playerbase, of course, WG - that’s the reason, no doubt about it.  :cap_old: 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,222 posts
24,618 battles
50 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

No interest in a T3 BB - now why would that be WG?  What could possibly make low tier play undesirable?  Must be the fault of the playerbase, of course, WG - that’s the reason, no doubt about it.  :cap_old: 

Because there never really was much interest in low tier anyways, even in the RTS CV days.  The overwhelming amount of play was Tier V+

selectivityoftier_2019q1.png

[APEZ]
Members
2,516 posts
8,824 battles

I find early dreads  fascinating. 

I also never play tier 3 BBs, ever. Illl spend fxp to avoid the awful experience. 

I think WGs come around to this as well

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Because there never really was much interest in low tier anyways, even in the RTS CV days.  The overwhelming amount of play was Tier V+

selectivityoftier_2019q1.png

Yeah it is just common sense that in a game that has been around as long as WoWS has, that eventually it was going to get top heavy.  Also aside from a very few ships, most the lower tiered stuff never was any real fun to play anyway so why would WG actually design Tier 3 anything anymore.  I for one am glad they aren't adding one in which means I don't have to waste FXP to skip it.

[UFFA]
Members
2,116 posts
75 battles

Low tiers should be split off and turned more into a bumper cars/demolition derby. Add a couple of negative tiers bring in a raft of armored cruisers , protected cruisers, pre- dreads from 1890 on for point blank melee fun. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,222 posts
24,618 battles
8 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

Yeah it is just common sense that in a game that has been around as long as WoWS has, that eventually it was going to get top heavy.  Also aside from a very few ships, most the lower tiered stuff never was any real fun to play anyway so why would WG actually design Tier 3 anything anymore.  I for one am glad they aren't adding one in which means I don't have to waste FXP to skip it.

All the fancy capabilities reside in higher and higher tiers also.  Ships get better, stronger.  Battleships in particular drastically improve.  Many in low tier like Wyoming can't hit an island they're right next to.  A bunch have lots of secondary guns, but they all lack range.  Things change for BBs as you climb the tiers.  That's just one example.

You also got a lot of popular, well known ships in later tiers like Bismarck, Yamato.  For the USN Fanboys you got Iowa.  Arizona is in Tier VI.  Fletcher in Tier IX.  Shimakaze in Tier X.  Warspite in Tier VI.  Etc.

Without a doubt Tier X Halland is one of the key FOTM ships today.  She is played far more than any of the other IKEA DDs.

You can see a similar pattern with the other ship lines:  Low Tier = Low Battles Played.  Nobody wants to stick around long in ships with no capabilities.  But as you get higher, the numbers jump up.

Tier III Premium Battleship Konig Albert was deemed "OP" and got yanked long ago.  I laughed at that because she can't hit **** with her guns, and you'd have to be a stupid moron to get in her secondaries range.  She can't hit anything!  I bought her and barely played her.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
615 posts
5,487 battles
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Does that have anything to do with rewards and such limited to T5 and above? Honest question as I have only been around for a year.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,222 posts
24,618 battles
8 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Does that have anything to do with rewards and such limited to T5 and above? Honest question as I have only been around for a year.

Altered mission requirements was the final nail to it.

The real reasons why people drifted from Low Tiers, in no particular order:

- You'll see lots of battles in low tiers when the game was new, but as the population moved on, you'll see the battles played shift to later tiers.

- People got fed up with low capability ships, and figured as you get higher in tiers, the ships get stronger.  Tier III South Carolina is not a threat.  Tier IV Wyoming can't hit anything.  But things change as you go up the tiers.  Ships become more capable.  Low Tier is a stepping stone to better things and you will find most players don't hang around there, even in "The Good 'ol Days."

- Kind of related to the above point are Premium Ships.  Low Tier Premiums?  Nobody cares about them.  But Mid and High Tier Premiums?  Completely different.

- A lot of the historically recognizable ships are Mid and High Tier.  Bismarck, Yamato, Iowa, Warspite, King George V, Hood, Prinz Eugen, etc.  Even in the USN Fanboy Department, South Carolina, Wyoming aren't quite known as Iowa, Arizona, etc. from later tiers.  The most popular ships aren't Low Tier.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Thanks 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

All the fancy capabilities reside in higher and higher tiers also.  Ships get better, stronger.  Battleships in particular drastically improve.  Many in low tier like Wyoming can't hit an island they're right next to.  A bunch have lots of secondary guns, but they all lack range.  Things change for BBs as you climb the tiers.  That's just one example.

You also got a lot of popular, well known ships in later tiers like Bismarck, Yamato.  For the USN Fanboys you got Iowa.  Arizona is in Tier VI.  Fletcher in Tier IX.  Shimakaze in Tier X.  Warspite in Tier VI.  Etc.

Without a doubt Tier X Halland is one of the key FOTM ships today.  She is played far more than any of the other IKEA DDs.

You can see a similar pattern with the other ship lines:  Low Tier = Low Battles Played.  Nobody wants to stick around long in ships with no capabilities.  But as you get higher, the numbers jump up.

Tier III Premium Battleship Konig Albert was deemed "OP" and got yanked long ago.  I laughed at that because she can't hit **** with her guns, and you'd have to be a stupid moron to get in her secondaries range.  She can't hit anything!  I bought her and barely played her.

Exactly my point.  You really don't start getting into fun ships until at minimum Tier 5 and even then their is just a few really funs ships at that Tier.  Tier 6,7,8 are generally the sweet spot with tons of fun ships.  9 seems to take a step back in most cases for some reason, though I think it is WG's way to encourage you to spend money on converting XP and skipping most Tier 9s. Then Tier 10 has a massive jump in power and capability from Tier 9 and are probably the most fun ships in the game although it is disappointing that WG never came up with some sort of Alternative Advancement for Tier 10 ships, so often there is no reason to play them.

Sign in to follow this