You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Any Places To Get Sunset Shots?

10 comments in this topic

[STW-N]
Members
4,168 posts
9,940 battles

I’m trying to make myself a screensaver in the training room featuring a USN standard/Pear Harbor fleet composition set against a sunset background. I swear I’ve seen some videos in the past of maps with sunset backgrounds (I prefer ocean just so I could have a relatively clean background I disturbed by islands). So far though I have somehow not been able to find a sunset background on any map in the training room or even in port.

Anyone know how/where to get those sunset screenshots on any of the battle maps or port if none of the maps have one?

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,514 posts
11,668 battles

Do you mean the sun is actually in the horizon, or just general dusk lighting? Land of Fire has a red sky approaching sunset.

image.thumb.png.8c2de81a21c2810c3598ca45b262d963.png

Edited by Compassghost

[PVE]
Members
6,972 posts
22,756 battles
40 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I’m trying to make myself a screensaver in the training room featuring a USN standard/Pear Harbor fleet composition set against a sunset background. I swear I’ve seen some videos in the past of maps with sunset backgrounds (I prefer ocean just so I could have a relatively clean background I disturbed by islands). So far though I have somehow not been able to find a sunset background on any map in the training room or even in port.

Anyone know how/where to get those sunset screenshots on any of the battle maps or port if none of the maps have one?

Having a sunset/sunrise shot would make for an advantage/disadvantage to being able to see when the sun was behind/in the eyes of opponents so they tend to keep them higher in the sky to avoid that...

Not an official word mind you...just my take on it...but shots do tend to disappear on some maps while in flight (especially on US floaty shells) when they get a bright sky behind them.

[STW-N]
Members
4,168 posts
9,940 battles
1 hour ago, Compassghost said:

Do you mean the sun is actually in the horizon, or just general dusk lighting? Land of Fire has a red sky approaching sunset.

I suppose just general dusk, enough to basically give everything the pink/orange hue.

1 hour ago, Sventex said:

zcDqPBW.jpg

ZUZn4Xl.jpg

13fbQaO.jpg

EHKT4zK.jpg

What battle maps/ports are those from?

[REVY]
Members
8,104 posts
6,118 battles
8 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I suppose just general dusk, enough to basically give everything the pink/orange hue.

What battle maps/ports are those from?

I honestly don't remember, I took those screenshots years ago.  The airship one is/was a low tier arctic map that's pretty small.  If I had to guess, I think the map is called Polar.

zlGy0Nb.jpg

Edited by Sventex

[STW-N]
Members
4,168 posts
9,940 battles
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

I honestly don't remember, I took those screenshots years ago.  The airship one is/was a low tier arctic map that's pretty small.  If I had to guess, I think the map is called Polar.

zlGy0Nb.jpg

Unfortunately  just checked out the polar map in the training room and there wasn't a single sign of dusk/sunset.

12 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Land of fire works, thanks!

[WOLFG]
Members
30,805 posts
9,354 battles
13 hours ago, Compassghost said:

I had one like that yesterday, (pretty sure it was Haven) except the sun was right at the horizon.

Are there randomized skyboxes for some maps?