Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USS_Juneau

Is there a way to organize the ships on the port screen?

18 comments in this topic

[FNGSX]
Members
35 posts
358 battles

Right now I have one long ribbon that I scroll through (left to right) to try and find a ship I want to battle with. 

I've seen screenshots where people have several of these rows they can scroll through, stacked on top of one another...

My question to you all is, am I stuck with the one ribbon/row of ships or can I methodically organize them somehow? (ie, all battleships in one row, all cruisers in row 2, all carries in row 3, etc)

[FNGSX]
Members
35 posts
358 battles
Just now, HamptonRoads said:

Not as you describe it, but you can filter by tier, ship type, and nationality nationality:

image.png.4bf0827b2e5bce98c607746e776e2b5b.png

That's a hell of a lot better than what I'm working with, how do I get to that filter screen?

[CO-OP]
Members
2,042 posts
26,089 battles

If you are in your port screen, right above your ship displays there is a funnel

image.png.d4736cc53dcd8b8ce911211d7b65e1e9.png

Ninja'd

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Thanks 1

[PHD]
Members
1,697 posts
7,039 battles

I have been having trouble with the ship list since last patch,  I have it set to have the last ships played at the left side and top. But it does not do it anymore. It does keep the primary ships there but not last played.

Members
867 posts
1,261 battles

See that Compact Carousel View button? It stacks the ships according to what # you enter on the right.

[G-B-U]
Members
81 posts
6,241 battles
10 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I have been having trouble with the ship list since last patch,  I have it set to have the last ships played at the left side and top. But it does not do it anymore. It does keep the primary ships there but not last played.

Mine actually puts the most recent to the RIGHT now, and I used to have it set to the left like you did, and am unable to change it back.  No idea why the change, but I tried to alert WG two different ways, hopefully they are working on this.

@Hapa_Fodder

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,846 posts
4,733 battles
6 hours ago, Feldo357 said:

Mine actually puts the most recent to the RIGHT now, and I used to have it set to the left like you did, and am unable to change it back.  No idea why the change, but I tried to alert WG two different ways, hopefully they are working on this.

Re-selecting the option should reverse the order.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,759 posts
9,354 battles

Did anyone notice that they changed the order recently?

It used to go, from left to right, IJN, USN, RU, KM, RN, MN, RM.

Now it goes IJN, MN, RU, KM, RN, RM, USN.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,651 posts
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Nope.  Have same problem- tried this, and it worked for 2 games then reverted to putting already played ships wherever the hell it wants to.   There's gotta be a bug or something.

That was also after WoWS threw a hissy fit, and locked my computer up tight, after leaving me stuck in load-in for 2 entire matches in a row and pinking me for it.   (jerks...)   I was forced to hit the power button to shut off the computer, and then restart it.     Once restarted- the game performed great for a few games, but it had reset all my preferences!   (This is when I was able to make the carousel work correctly for a short while.)    Since then, the carousel bug is back, as are the S.   L.   O.   W... load-ins.  (and don't even get me started on how long it takes the game to load up when you first start it...)

All other functions and apps work fine- so it's not my connection, and probably not my spud.   It's just Warships being slow as hell, lagging, and acting like a bratty 8 year old...   I have plenty of hi speed data left atm, and can stream video perfectly...

The game has gotten so humungous,  I live in fear of having to uninstall/reinstall.   The update patches themselves often take several days, doing the download early thing.  (freaking 20 gig patches!)   I just don't feel like babysitting my laptop for a week again- or burning up every bit of my high speed data as soon as I get it- then downloading the rest at hamster speed.    Nope.  Next time I have to uninstall, I'm done.   It's a resource hog besides...

Edited by Fletcher7_1944

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,846 posts
4,733 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

It's a resource hog besides...

Port certainly is.  Try running WGCheck?  It will take a while, though.

[G-B-U]
Members
81 posts
6,241 battles
7 hours ago, iDuckman said:

also tried, it just randomly shuffles the carousel, no rhyme or reason

Ran WG check and submitted a ticket, hopefully they are working on it

[R-U-D]
Members
38 posts
6,315 battles

I just wish they'd make the purchase ship and purchase slot smaller as it takes up a lot of space on the bottom right.  I know it's a small thing, but it is a aggravation for me.  I have so many free slots that I wish I could sell some back and have never used the purchase ship button, ever...

[CO-OP]
Members
1,751 posts
26,053 battles
16 hours ago, DuckyShot said:

OK the real question, why is the "filter" button a funnel? 

Filter funnels are commonly used in science. A funnel icon is a pretty good one for a filter, I certainly can't think of another one right now.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,004 posts
35,309 battles

You can select (in the ships icon) ship to be priority ships. Just like when you sell a ship, there is a choice to make it a preference. Those ships go to and stay at the front of the que. I find it very handy for my frequently played ships!

Sign in to follow this