Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Lets talk about AGEs

3 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
5,323 posts
4,560 battles

This idea came up in another thread, I'm bringing it here to maybe expand it a bit more on its own.

What is an AGE in Word of Warships?  more precisely, what could be...

An AGE is a segment of end game content, unlockable  through expending X amount of game resources (think Research Points for example), which gives you access to a new segment of ships and tiers from another Age. Being end game content, ship and operation costs are increased to end game levels, granting an attractive monetization opportunity for our friends at WG (so they have some interest in developing different game content). This came in the light of including Pre-Dreadnought content to the game by making it economically attractive to the developer, there is a whole lot of unexploited content that could be tapped. 

Each different AGE could have its own particular mechanics in addition to the common game mechanics, for example a Pre-Dreadnought Age could have a mixed control scheme for manual control of primary and secondary batteries, its own set of Captains skills, etc. Accordingly to the historical setting, each AGE could also have its own "flavor", in this particular case, there will be no CV/Subs, just the surface gunship paradise many long for (I bet you could sell that quite easily among the player base). Different AGEs could be interlinked chronologically with the main regular tiers, for example the last Pre-Dreadnought tier could precede regular tier 2 (for example).

The same concept could be applied to different AGEs as Cold War, Ironclads, etc.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,518 posts
6,693 battles

Interesting and possibly fun  was my first set of thoughts.  But in reality it would spread the player base extremely thinly. 

Personally I wish modes like arms race were constantly on offer as an alternative to randoms. 

[SALVO]
Members
5,323 posts
4,560 battles
6 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Interesting and possibly fun  was my first set of thoughts.  But in reality it would spread the player base extremely thinly. 

Personally I wish modes like arms race were constantly on offer as an alternative to randoms. 

I think in the long run we will be losing tiers, as we have lost lower tiers now, there's a limit to the replay ability of the game, specially when the mechanics are so basic and simple as in lower tiers . Eventually it will be mid tiers draining population, if they don't expand the game content the game turns stale and bleeds players, the grind becomes never ending by necessity. I don't think the player base would spread thinly, more likely will migrate to newer tiers leaving older tiers a ghost (bot) town. Games modes will also extend  the game longevity, if you ask me the more varied the better.

Sign in to follow this