You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

TST SUBMARINE TESTING BUGS

44 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,044 posts
14,445 battles

Standby for words from the Chief.

Shipmates, if you encounter any bugs or technical issues during the TST Submarine test session feel free to report it in this thread.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT

Please follow this template for submitting bugs.

1. Description
Short description of an issue with required details.
Example: spotting-aircraft doesn't work on Iowa battleship

2. How to reproduce
Exact steps need to be made to reproduce the issue
Example: 1.Take Iowa battleship with spotting-aircraft equipped 2. Go in battle 3. Try to launch spotting-aircraft

3. Result
What's the result of the issue.
Example: after pressing spotting-aircraft activating button you can hear an aircraft sound but nothing happens, the aircraft stands still.

That is all.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,447 posts
20,665 battles

1. Ascend key gets stuck
Ascend key (default: F) gets stuck down sometimes and does not disengage when pressing C to descend. This makes the player unable to dive the submarine until they press F to unstick it, then press C. Bug may be related to canceling Ctrl-F command by pressing regular F.

2. How to reproduce
Intermittent. Maybe press Ctrl-F, then F? Hard to test with limited primetime.

3. Result
Submarine ascends and cannot stop until F key is unstuck.

That is all.

[WG]
4,044 posts
14,445 battles
9 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

@Hapa_Fodder

Can NOT get into the TST server to play Subs; is the TST down for some reason

The times are posted here and there is even a timer:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/submarine-testing/

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,076 posts
27,067 battles

So the announcement says in my local time when the testing is, but the "time window" is in UTC so I guess I'll have to convert that to my local time.  Why can't both have at least the UTC times in them (or even better the local times in them)?

image.png.b14a2f5cd0dcab38141a2cdd8363a2cb.png
Starts: Thu. Oct. 22 7:00 AM PT / your local time: Thu. Oct. 22 7:00 AM
Ends: Tue. Oct. 27 1:00 PM PT / your local time: Tue. Oct. 27 1:00 PM

Prime Times: 13:00 to 20:00 UTC and 01:00 to 04:00 UTC

[-KMS-]
Beta Testers
2 posts
9,614 battles

Downloading the TST version stops every time at 30% with 15.99GB to download.  This not a network connection issue as I have been monitoring the network connection when this happens.

image.thumb.png.dabd62e8f5c76622f12b32c87a1d1b8b.png

[WOLF1]
Members
518 posts
1,410 battles

Downloaded TST test game instances, logged in 25min before end of a prime time, but no container or submarine for testing?

Do i needs to change servers or something?

Edited by Boomer625

[WOLF9]
Members
26 posts
1,813 battles

These are my findings so far:

1. Description
CV aircraft cannot see when a submarine is below attack depth.
Example: RN Rocket, Dive, and Torpedo planes cannot see when a submarine is below 10m and cannot properly determine where and when to attack a enemy submarine.

2. How to reproduce
Step 1: Use and CV

Step 2: Attempt to attack a enemy Submarine

Step 3: Realize there is no UI indicator or any indicator to let the player realize the submarine is invulnerable.

3. Result
What's the result of the issue.
Result: The submarine continues on without taking damage or even being deterred. 

1. Description
Submarine Ping shoots higher than where aiming when under water.
Example: Shooting a enemy ship with the cross hair aligned underwater causes a miss on the target.

2. How to reproduce
Step 1: Target a enemy ship

Step 2: Lead target accordingly

Step 3: Shoot Ping

Step 4: Watch ping go high/over the enemy ship model

Step 5: Re-adjust/lower aim and shoot ping again

Step 6: Watch target get ping lock on

3. Result
Result: Player misses vital ping resulting in missed opportunity and possible location given to the enemy in the vicinity (if any)

1. Description
Submarine torpedoes and hull have collision issues with enemy submarines.
Example: Team Submarine (Yourself) shoots torpedoes at enemy submarine and the torpedoes go through the hull of the enemy submarine at point blank range. Attempting a submarine v submarine ram results in the two ships bouncing against each other. 

2. How to reproduce
Step 1: Ping enemy submarine

Step 2: Get within 1km of enemy submarine

Step 3: Fire Torpedoes

Step 4: Watch torpedoes sail through the enemy submarine hull

Step 5: Ram enemy submarine

Step 6: Watch both submarines bounce off each other slightly

Step 7: Keep on sailing

3. Result
Result: Submarine takes no damage

1. Description
Surface ship Depth Charge planes have no minimap circle to enable
Example: Trying to enable the max distance able to use the depth charge planes on the minimap is not possible for surface ships.

2. How to reproduce
Step 1: Open minimap toggles

Step 2: Look for Depth charge plane max range circle option

Step 3: See no option

3. Result
Result: Surface ships cannot always tell when in proper range of a enemy submarine to use depth charge planes.

Edited by A_Basic_Potato

[WOLF1]
Members
518 posts
1,410 battles

From watching gameplay online:

Description

Enemy Sub pings on ship too hard to spot

How Reproduce

Step 1: Have enemy sub ping ship

step 2: try searching for ping spot

step 3: find ping spot is hard to see, especially when on fire 

Result: targeted players are unable to be warned of nearby hostile submarines targeting player 

Edited by Boomer625

[WGARC]
Beta Testers
4 posts
2,749 battles

@Hapa_Fodder The Web Page says that its possible to download TST in the additionial game instince installation ahead of time, but im not seeing the TST, im only seeing the PT. Is there anyways to fix this/ is this a intentionioal thing? 

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles

@A_Basic_Potato...you might wanna edit in a summary at the top of your post stating that there are multiple bugs & how many being addressed in your post.

They usually prefer a seperated post for each bug...a summary will give them a heads up that multiple issues are being submitted.

Members
1 post
875 battles

Installed TST version and logged on during operating hours for first time. Did not see any submarine to test and did not have any subs in crates or rewards.

[WG]
4,044 posts
14,445 battles
10 hours ago, maverick172 said:

@Hapa_Fodder The Web Page says that its possible to download TST in the additionial game instince installation ahead of time, but im not seeing the TST, im only seeing the PT. Is there anyways to fix this/ is this a intentionioal thing? 

did you get it downloaded!?

[_HW_]
Members
498 posts
7,739 battles

@Hapa_FodderSomething has destroyed my mouse connection or the aiming reticle for all ship types on the TST server.

The aiming reticle is very loose, overly sensitive to the slightest movement, and often is simply floating free from the green circle.  This happens on all surface ships and subs.  On CVs, the mouse works in the opposite direction of the main game.  If I move the mouse forward, I suddenly see the water only, or I am looking straight down on my planes if in a CV.  If I move it backwards, it zooms way out forward or I am looking straight up at the sky, but for a divebomb attack, you must move the mouse backwards all the way to see the green reticle.

I cannot play on the TST server with such a wild mouse or reticle movement.  I can't aim at or hit anything unless I choose not to use zoom view.

This is a serious bug and if it is carried over to the main server, it will cause a lot screaming and gnashing of teeth.

Please fix this problem.

Thanks.

Edited by Nordlaender

Supertester
335 posts
16,879 battles

is TST being updated before every session?  I downloaded it ahead of yesrterdays start. then when i tried to launch it, another update of TST was required.  Today, with an hour left i had time to logon but nope. There's yet another TST update.

Members
28 posts
3,831 battles

Cant seem to log in to play this evening. I had the same problem yesterday evening. I did manage to get a few games in earlier today.

Is the server just being overloaded?

Members
6 posts
3,443 battles
1 hour ago, treadhead52 said:

Cant seem to log in to play this evening. I had the same problem yesterday evening. I did manage to get a few games in earlier today.

Is the server just being overloaded?

There are specific hours that the server is up. I suggest reading the article here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/submarine-testing/

Members
6 posts
3,443 battles

1. Description

When I log in, all ships have all upgrades purchased and available except for the RN ships (with the exception of the Queen Elizabeth). The upgrades are available to be researched for the RN ships, but every other nation's ships have their upgrades unlocked already. 

2. How to reproduce
1. Open the game.

2. Click on an RN ship, such as the Devonshire or the Furious. In this example: Icarus is used:

1077360715_IcarusUpgradesNotResearched.thumb.jpg.8d5bf6d264e5de16df47fdf411a244a8.jpg

3. See that the upgrades are not researched.

4. Look at another ship from another tech tree, for instance, the French DD Guepard:

522783594_GuepardModulesAvailable.thumb.jpg.d7b6180dd680574c58d1c70dc18ce3a9.jpg

3. Result
The RN ships, except for the QE, do not have their upgraded modules unlocked like the other ships do. 

Edited by ChemputerScience
Added Images

Members
28 posts
3,831 battles
16 minutes ago, ChemputerScience said:

There are specific hours that the server is up. I suggest reading the article here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/submarine-testing/

Ahh thanks, I saw the dates and time of testing period and assumed it was running 24 hours.

Was so happy to see subs coming back, I completely overlooked the Prime Times.

[WGARC]
Beta Testers
4 posts
2,749 battles

1. Description
Depth Charge planes fly through rocks instead of adjusting altitude to rocks/terrain accordingly

2. How to reproduce

1.Take any Depth charge plane equipped ship into battle 2. Go in battle 3. Try to launch depth charge aircraft just in front of a mountain while you are between one side and another of a mountain

3. Result
Depth charge planes will go through the mountains(As in clip through them completely)

[OBSO]
Members
10 posts
5,890 battles

I downloaded the test server with no issues, I managed to get on the test server with no issues, however, when I go on during the prime time, I don't receive a sub container. I've tried several times over the last 2 days, and no sub yet. can anyone help?