Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Yes, the topic is pre-dreadnoughts, again and again

18 comments in this topic

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles

I responded to a post on my pre-dreadnought thread which is here:

Spoiler

There was interest in seeing the Spanish España class of battleships that, while dreadnoughts, are in the grey zone of the time as pre-dreads transitioned to full dreadnoughts.

My response:

Yes agreed. The pre-dreadnought/dreadnought era opens up all sorts of possibilities. I've been pushing this for years now. Opening up the lower tiers for a different kind of battleship and cruiser 'bash-fest' will be a challenge for them to do right but I am sure they can. Newbs will love getting their hands on a BB right off the bat, and naval collectors will line up to get a ship like the Borodino--it's win-win but they still don't seem to get it! :cap_horn:

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
5,220 posts
4,493 battles

Sign me up!

What about reworking the tier system?, expand to 15 tiers to include pre Dreadnought era and Cold War era, structure each era around specific mechanics, Pre Dreadnought era has no CV/subs, WW1-WW2 remains as we have now, Cold War including missiles and electronic warfare.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[WOLFG]
Members
10,512 posts
9,806 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Sign me up!

What about reworking the tier system?

the word rework in relation to WG always makes me break out in something akin to malaria.

[EGN]
Members
3 posts
3,914 battles

i have played against the subs, i haven't been able to operate them. i would like to know about the teir 8 subs. When are we going to get to launch into those matches?

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles
8 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Sign me up!

What about reworking the tier system?, expand to 15 tiers to include pre Dreadnought era and Cold War era, structure each era around specific mechanics, Pre Dreadnought era has no CV/subs, WW1-WW2 remains as we have now, Cold War including missiles and electronic warfare.

Oh hell throw in 'psy-ops' too why don't you. "Electronic warfare?" You are talking to a person whose pre-dreadnoughtr crusade on here for over 3 years now is about as far to the left on the analogue/digital balance as you can get; I mean these pre-dreadnought ships I love basically qualify as "steampunk." lol No avionics or electronic warfare on my watch!

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[SALVO]
Members
5,220 posts
4,493 battles
4 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Oh hell throw in 'psy-ops' too why don't you.

Lol, better don't get me started with support ships, torpedo boat tenders and command cruisers... i've some weird ideas

• Cool 1

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Lol, better don't get me started with support ships, torpedo boat tenders and command cruisers... i've some weird ideas

Who knows what WoWs will morph into in 5 or 10 years from now...

[SALVO]
Members
5,220 posts
4,493 battles
5 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Who knows what WoWs will morph into in 5 or 10 years from now...

Who knows but that's a good reason to keep playing it...at least out of curiosity. I took some years off and coming back was like... "You now can control airplanes and have rockets"... 

Edited by ArIskandir

[HEROS]
Members
2,026 posts
18,360 battles

Keep dream'n, I'll be there dream'n the same.  They gotta go there eventually.  And they be great to model!

[ASHIP]
Members
226 posts
12,170 battles

Oh no. Nice idea but not here. Im praying the gods for WG nerds not to introduce my fav model one: Derfflinger, and ruin it like they did with Bayern or with the Mackensen one. Now imagine pre-dreadnought lines with more than half of its battery unuseful. Besides russian ones will be equiped with superradars and nuclear shells, yeah, back in 1900 lol.

What you are asking, is technichal knowledge and history that can not be achived nor complied the by WG team, as proven over and over again to the knowledgeable community that has been disrespected and are eager to get a competitor alternative to WOWs.

[SALVO]
Members
5,220 posts
4,493 battles
22 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

You are talking to a person whose pre-dreadnoughtr crusade on here for over 3 years now is about as far to the left on the analogue/digital balance as you can get; I mean these pre-dreadnought ships I love basically qualify as "steampunk." lol No avionics or electronic warfare on my watch!

Bro, if you are going to sell an idea, you need to make it enticing to catch the broader audience possible... you don't drop just Pre-Dreadnoughts idea on the table, you drop a full universe of revenue possibilities and try to entice the guys with the limitless scope the game could cover, expand its longevity...  instead of just 1 game, you can easily fit at least 3 using the same scheme.

The trick is ... how to make money from this? If you hope they'll spend time and money in T1-T3 ships, you are sadly delusional, that way will get you nowhere. What you need to sell them is the idea of "AGE". Ages are unlockable (that means revenue, lots) sections of game content, in this case Pre-Dreadnought Age will give you access to X new tiers (imagine tiers PD1, PD2, PD3, etc) of Pre Dreadnought ships (with increased cost and end game monetization value of course) in their own contained game mode that maybe or maybe not, in their last tier might interlink with normal T2-T3 so the MM progression goes PD3-PD4-T2-T4... but the catch is the PD tiers are now economically attractive and viable.

The same can be applied to a "Cold War Age" expanding from T10 onwards, you might not like it but is another selling point for having "Ages" as a viable way to include Pre-Dreadnought content in the game.

• Cool 1

[V_V_V]
Members
806 posts
15,919 battles
30 minutes ago, derzwerge said:

What you are asking, is technichal knowledge and history that can not be achived nor complied the by WG team, as proven over and over again to the knowledgeable community that has been disrespected and are eager to get a competitor alternative to WOWs.

Any entrepreneurs out there?  Good luck with that!

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,277 posts
12,149 battles

ive said a few time in the past, WG could do multiple WOWS spinoffs, WOWS Age of Sail, WOWS Pre-Dreadnought Age, the WOWS we have now, and Modern WOWS although i think Modern wouldnt have that much due to it mostly being ships from high tier in this game just having missiles replace some of their guns

Members
4,247 posts
9,871 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Bro, if you are going to sell an idea, you need to make it enticing to catch the broader audience possible..

OK 'Bro' point taken, but my idea was very simple re WoWs finances. I read somewhere, and I can't quote the stats, but the % of newbs who enter Wows and leave quickly is very high. A low tier 'crash & bash' pre-dreadnought tier 2-3 battle array would lower this percentage of drop-outs surely. This was intended as a 'starter' -- beyond that to other tiers and manifestations was beyond my purview. I remain convinced that the inclusion of pre-dreadnoughts, and inclusion of other select dreadnoughts, would help the game in every sense. Thanks for your critique.

[SALVO]
Members
5,220 posts
4,493 battles
3 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

OK 'Bro' point taken, but my idea was very simple re WoWs finances. I read somewhere, and I can't quote the stats, but the % of newbs who enter Wows and leave quickly is very high. A low tier 'crash & bash' pre-dreadnought tier 2-3 battle array would lower this percentage of drop-outs surely. This was intended as a 'starter' -- beyond that to other tiers and manifestations was beyond my purview. I remain convinced that the inclusion of pre-dreadnoughts, and inclusion of other select dreadnoughts, would help the game in every sense. Thanks for your critique.

Well, as long as Pre-Dreadnoughts era ships get included, I really don't care if it is one way or another. I'll always be pro more content :)

[ASHIP]
Members
226 posts
12,170 battles
1 hour ago, Charon2018 said:

Any entrepreneurs out there?  Good luck with that!

Thats the thing. We are still waiting. Meanwhile in forums and FB pages, we have some pretty good laugh at WG "designs" like this:  

And dont get me started with Sinop or Yoshino muahahaha.

Would it be that hard to ask for help in designing their deliriums? Other than making russian things OP AF. 

Inkedshot-20.10.22_19.13.21-0454_LI.jpg

shot-20.10.22_19.15.01-0688.jpg

Sign in to follow this