Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

Cancer update and Euthanasia....

9 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,452 posts

My doctor and I have been discussing Euthanasia (its legal here in Holland) but I had a hard time picking a date to actually end my life.

(If you don't know what I'm on about, follow the link in my signature)

Its hard to pick a date which you want to be your last, but then it dawned on me. Rather than go backwards and forwards trying to pick one, while also keeping family and friends happy.... was a mistake.

Its my call... not everyone would be happy... especially not my son and daughter, who both still live in New Zealand... exactly on the other side of the planet from Holland....

Once that was sorted, I asked myself what date I would want to be my last day alive... the LAST day... well, one more Christmas day with my darling wife, Rianne and a New years eve party and new years day...

So, my last day, with the full support of my wife... will be January 2nd, 2021. That is assuming the Doctor and Technician can work on that day... I have a meeting with the doctor tomorrow to check out the date.

The HARD part is this... The cancer is supposedly going to kill me midway November (I was given six months to live 5 months ago, or so).... so its a wait and see game to see who wins first... me.... or the cancer. So if the pain gets too much for me to handle, that date might be sooner... but I reckon a big tough Kiwi like me CAN last the distance... The pain is bearable NOW with the morphine I take, that could change in an instant... and if I take too much morphine then its a quality of life issue, right? How much can I party on New Years eve if I'm doped to the eyeballs with morphine and asleep most of the time.... ESPECIALLY when I cannot even have booze with morphine anyhow...

Yeah, so anyhow, I told you all that I'd keep you informed... and that is what I have now done. My wife (Rianne) will log in once "I'm gone" to let you all know... of course, I'll still be posting here so its not quite the end yet.

Kiwi1960

• Sad 3

[-H-]
Members
210 posts
6,448 battles

I dont know you nor do I recall gaming with you online, however thank you for sharing and I wish you and your family the best after this very difficult decision.  Hopefully you can look back and appreciate all the wonderful things this life had to offer.... and then realize that WoWs was a good way to pass time. Good luck partner and Godspeed.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,452 posts
51 minutes ago, Concept6 said:

I dont know you nor do I recall gaming with you online, however thank you for sharing and I wish you and your family the best after this very difficult decision.  Hopefully you can look back and appreciate all the wonderful things this life had to offer.... and then realize that WoWs was a good way to pass time. Good luck partner and Godspeed.

Exactly why I post here about this, you have all been on the Journey with me and helping me cope... so I owe you that much.

[-H-]
Members
210 posts
6,448 battles
On 10/22/2020 at 1:01 PM, kiwi1960 said:

Exactly why I post here about this, you have all been on the Journey with me and helping me cope... so I owe you that much.

Excellent idea bud. Thanks again and you'll be missed here.

• Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,452 posts
On 10/23/2020 at 12:02 AM, wolfkind252 said:

oh my God I'm sorry

Why be sorry? You didn't give me cancer... I understand what you're saying and why, but really, when people say that to me I wonder why because it sounds like you gave it to by accident... like if you bumped into me....

Thing is, no one is to blame, things happen, life happens.... just live your life and live to be a very old person.... some, like me, will go a lot sooner... but, as I said, that is life.

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,791 battles

I'm sorry you have cancer, I know I didn't give it to you, we don't even know each other, its just that I don't like to know about people dying of things 

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,452 posts
11 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

I'm sorry you have cancer, I know I didn't give it to you, we don't even know each other, its just that I don't like to know about people dying of things 

As I said, I got that... let me put it another way, its sounds funny hearing said to me... mind you, its not like anyone ever gets used to getting cancer so maybe that is the problem (for me)

Its all good.

Sign in to follow this