You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BlackAngelCom

Nearing decision point - doubloons for Anchorage?

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
957 posts
4,016 battles

I'll be completing all stages besides the 18th naturally and could get that with reasonable effort. I have 900 doubloons in the bank so it'll cost me ~ 10 bucks.

I can't find much in the way of reviews or gameplay of this ship. Any input on of if it is worthwhile?

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

Don't do it! You have a lot to live for!

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,523 posts
6,695 battles
6 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

I'll be completing all stages besides the 18th naturally and could get that with reasonable effort. I have 900 doubloons in the bank so it'll cost me ~ 10 bucks.

I can't find much in the way of reviews or gameplay of this ship. Any input on of if it is worthwhile?

I really haven't heard or read anything positive about the Anchorage. I have also not seen anything impressive or scary from them in game. 

Personally I think its a waste of time and resources unless you are specifically trying to collect all the ships.  If you are doing it for collecting then definitely get it , who knows if it will ever be available again and I bet that perma camo won't be back. 

Edited by eviltane

[WKY13]
Members
548 posts
11,177 battles

t8 premium for 10 bucks is a fair deal. I like the ship for what that's worth although it's not a world beater.

• Thanks 1

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,399 posts

Took it out in COOP and had a blast.. no Randoms yet and I see very few there so I can't say.... It is good for Snowflakes at least so there's that too.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

I’ve been having a decent time with it though my WL leaves something to be desired. Wish it had the super heavy shells- but I’ve been surprisingly pleased with it... 

[LZ1]
Members
291 posts
6,188 battles

I finished out the last little bit for my Anchorage with doubloons. It's not that great. It plays like a T8 Omaha with smoke.

[WOLFG]
Members
134 posts
10,319 battles

Is there a reason to play this instead of the Atago? Smoke vs heal + better guns.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,038 posts

I got it but I haven't really played it much yet.  At $10, if I needed a US T8 premium cruiser, I would grab it for sure.  Even if it's not the best, it certainly isn't going to get any cheaper.

[RLGN]
Members
14,950 posts
26,483 battles
1 hour ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

t8 premium for 10 bucks is a fair deal. I like the ship for what that's worth although it's not a world beater.

It’s a weaker Buffalo with torps. Not bad, but there are players who complain about anything that isn’t a biasbote.

1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Took it out in COOP and had a blast.. no Randoms yet and I see very few there so I can't say.... It is good for Snowflakes at least so there's that too.

Same here.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[CK5]
Members
1,462 posts
15,528 battles

Ten bucks for a T8 premiums is a good deal.  The ship is certainly worth the daily win bonus and the camo alone is worth $10 IMO.  

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,393 posts
21,061 battles

The ship has nothing to give, but the perks it has are somewhat interesting.

It´s as meh as most of the event ships.

I bought it to be sure NO SUPER CONTAINER will ever give it to me. The 3000 came with the Birthday gifts, so...

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,950 posts
26,483 battles
10 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

The ship has nothing to give, but the perks it has are somewhat interesting.

Well, pretty much all the US ships tend to be that way; nothing amazing, but nothing really bad either... (except maybe Squishita, and the new BBs.)

It´s as meh as most of the event ships.

I actually tend to like the event ships so many hate; but I guess I’m weird that way.

I bought it to be sure NO SUPER CONTAINER will ever give it to me. The 3000 came with the Birthday gifts, so...

Best reason of all.

Finally got Imerator Nickolai because the program got to that on the list of choices from a SC.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I got the Anchorage and like her.  Honestly I don't get why so many people think she is bad.   She is a Tier 9 Buffalo downtiered to Tier 8 and given smoke and torps.  She has a slight lower rate of fire the Buffalo and loses out on the Tier 9 upgrade slot but other than that she is a Tier 9 ship with smoke and torps to compensate for the slightly lower rate of fire and missing the upgrade slot.  In reality this makes her more of a Tier 8.5 when directly compared to the Tier 9 Buffalo...for $12 or the cost of what, a Tier 4 premium?

But she isn't blatantly OP so in everyone's eyes of course she sucks right?

Honestly it boggles my mind.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,104 posts
15,289 battles

FWIW you're also getting 10k coal in addition to the Anchorage, and she'll be a T8 ship for snowflake events (i.e. 75 steel in a month, probably 5x dragon flags next anniversary) for as long as the game goes on. 

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,393 posts
21,061 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Finally got Imerator Nickolai because the program got to that on the list of choices from a SC.

Envy you so much!!

Enjoy