Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
paradat

New ships and Holiday plans

44 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,024 posts
17,077 battles

Good stuff from the EU stream. Italian BB's bunch of new prems, Next Holiday Dockyard event details, Snow flakes , ranked and more.

Edit per request: Italian BB's -2:01:30

New prem ships -1:52:30

New Ranked battle system -1:43:30

Snow flakes -1:41:20

"Snowflakes" on all ships of Tiers V-VII will bring 400-750 units of Coal, VIII-IX - 75 units of Steel, and on Tier X ships you can earn "Santa's gift" containers, from which with a certain probability you can get one of the many premium ships and other rewards.  Can be done in COOP and Randoms only requiring a small amount of base XP to knock it off. No longer need to win.

Holiday Campaignes  -1:30:50

n the update 0.9.12, players will be able to access two new temporary campaigns "In pursuit of Strasbourg" and "Ships and Fates" as a reward for which you can get Strasbourg with permanent "Winter Holiday" camouflage, thematic commanders, as well as researchable ships Hawkins, Visby, Kotovsky, New York, T-22 and Furutaka with permanent "Winter" camouflage.

Dockyard -1:34:07

• The construction of the ship at the dockyard consists of 26 phases.
  • Each shipbuilding phase can be completed by finishing groups of event combat missions or spending 1,950 Doubloons per phase.
  • The groups of combat missions will span two updates—0.9.12 and 0.10.0, and the Dockyard itself will remain in your Ports until the end of Update 0.10.1.
  • In total, you can complete 22 out of 26 shipbuilding phases by progressing through groups of combat missions.
  • The reward for the completion of the 5th shipbuilding phase will be Tachibana with a "Winter" permanent camouflage, a commander with 6 skill points, and a port slot.
  • The reward for the completion of the 15th shipbuilding phase will be Yahagi with a "Winter" permanent camouflage, a commander with 6 skill points, and a port slot.
  • For the completion of the other stages of construction, you will be able to receive "Santa's Gift" containers, new permanent "New Year" camouflage for Tier IX ships, new "Winter Patterns" expendable camouflages, and other rewards. 
  • For the completion of the 26th shipbuilding phase, you will receive Hizen in her "War Paint" camouflage, a commander with 10 skill points, a port slot, and a memorable flag.
  • If you already have Tachibana in port, you will receive a compensation of 1,425,000 credits. Compensation for Yahagi will be 4,000 Doubloons.

If you decide to complete shipbuilding at the Dockyard by using Doubloons, you can still progress through the combat missions. However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 400 Research Points and 200 units of Steel for each completed phase. If you had no access to the Research Bureau, you'll get it upon receiving Research Points.

Relevant Dev blog posts:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/90

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/89

phpKJbDoE

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[BNICE]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

I'll wait for a summary or timestamp, because I can't navigate that at all .

• Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles

^^^ This! I can not filter thru that wall of video!

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,231 posts
9,517 battles

Some highlights:

Hizen will be the December Dockyard ship. 

Italian Premium Tier IX BB Marco Polo

Commonwealth Premium Tier X DD Vampire II (Daring with creeping smoke)

Pan Asian Premium Tier VIII DD Fen Yang (Akizuki with DFAA consumable)

Italian Tech tree Tier IV, V, and IX

More to come

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

Some highlights:

Hizen will be the December Dockyard ship. 

Commonwealth Premium Tier X DD Vampire II (Daring with creeping smoke)

Pan Asian Premium Tier VIII DD Fen Yang (Akizuki with DFAA consumable)

Italian Tech tree Tier IV, V, and IX

More to come

currently,all of that except hizen news is part of the released devblog,if the italian bb tech tree come in december ,expect the tier9 bb to be behind some lootbox like minnesota.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

So much loot!

Depending on where in the Hizen grind the T9 camos kick in, there is the opportunity to do obscenely well here without paying a cent (Hizen will cost close to 8K dubs at a minimum, but for a Tier 9 premium battleship that seems reasonable; T9 duplicate values in the shop are advertised at 19K dubs). The temporary campaigns look lucrative enough to ignore regular directive play. But I need details before I can plan in depth.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,024 posts
17,077 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Depending on where in the Hizen grind the T9 camos kick in, there is the opportunity to do obscenely well here without paying a cent. The temporary campaigns look lucrative enough to ignore regular directive play. But I need details before I can plan in depth.

Yeah still early days. Will need to see the missions. I imagine it will be a little bit tougher than the last Dockyard since the reward is tier 9. Hizen looks worth the effort so that is nice.

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/09/hizen-tier-ix-japanese-battleship.html

Lots of steel on the table for this event as well as some RP points. If you buy a head and then finish the Dockyard phase later this time you will get Steel and RB points so that will be a big temptation for me to jump on the early starter bundles.

Will be looking forward to your event thread when we get closer.

As usual I think pay some grind some is going to be very much a good value.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

So the Dockyard grind has been made worse, and the cost to complete it has gone up.
The good news is, they will be selling Research Points and steel for cash,
so that should help with the cost of moving all those employees.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,024 posts
17,077 battles
2 minutes ago, z9_ said:

So the Dockyard grind has been made worse, and the cost to complete it has gone up.

Yeah that steel for me might be a big deal. I typically only get one steel ship per year, in large part because of the year end events.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Hizen looks worth the effort so that is nice.

For those who missed out on the Musashi, this looks like it has the potential to be a good substitute. T9 Japanese Montana with Izumo-ish guns on a Yammy-ish hull. Those who can't get through the whole thing can still pick up a T2 premium which is hilarious fun and a T5 premium which is... well, I don't think any of the reviews were all that good but it'll still be a free premium that can do directives and dailies. If the whole thing looks holiday-wrecking I'll do what I can and see if I can get them both (dup credits for Tachi).

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles
6 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Bigger prize at higher tier. You want more? You grind harder and pay more. If this thing gets into the Armory it will be 19K dubs; 8K to pick it up from a grind is still pretty good. It's less than you pay up front for most if not all T8 premiums. And that's before we deduct the value of the T9 permacamo(s) they're going to be offering along the way. Four thousand each equivalent value. If they offer more than one, that's the permacamos you pay for and the ship is for free. Hell, with the Yahagi dup value set at 4K dubs, even the Yahagi alone and a single T9 perma are worth the finish-up cost.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,024 posts
17,077 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Bigger prize at higher tier. You want more? You grind harder and pay more. If this thing gets into the Armory it will be 19K dubs; 8K to pick it up from a grind is still pretty good. It's less than you pay up front for most if not all T8 premiums.

This^^^

These events are often the best sale of the year so stick some money aside now and reap the goodies.

[PVE]
Members
12,494 posts
26,006 battles

I could care less about Hizen honestly but RB Pts + Steel for each building phase if you buy it out = YES! So that means if you buy out the 22 phases that will award those as the reward you get...

• 22X400 RB Pts = 8800
  • 22X200 Steel = 4400

Now we just have to wait and see what the tasks are to make sure I can actually complete those phases. If so I am in even if the cost is high as it is access to resources I can't get through playing (can't/won't same thing)

Also, glad to see good amounts of Coal and Steel for the flake event. Wish T10 would be Steel vs a crate but at least T8-T9 are Steel and I have a LOT of those. T5-T7 will net me a crap ton of Coal too.

December and January will be very busy it seems.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

strasbourg will be mediocre enough so it can become a free tier7 ship.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,062 posts
22,582 battles

All of this new stuff but which ships for what resource! I've got the necessary free XP to double reset a line and get Paolo Emilio but if Vampire II is there I will get her instead. Might Fen Yang go for coal? Hope so. I might be sitting on my resources for a while...

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,931 posts
28 minutes ago, z9_ said:

We don't know the details of the missions or phases yet, so how can it be "worse"?  At any rate, it's a T9, of course it is more money but the last dock yard events have been heck of a lot cheaper than buying a ship of the same tier, directly and the phase requirements have not been that bad at all.

In addition, they have sold steel in the past. Years ago in a purchasable campaign and in previous dock yard events. It isn't new.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
5 minutes ago, Khafni said:

All of this new stuff but which ships for what resource! I've got the necessary free XP to double reset a line and get Paolo Emilio but if Vampire II is there I will get her instead. Might Fen Yang go for coal? Hope so. I might be sitting on my resources for a while...

why fen yang would be a coal ship?its a tier8,chances are that she will be available in the prem shop for cash.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

We don't know the details of the missions or phases yet, so how can it be "worse"?  At any rate, it's a T9, of course it is more money but the last dock yard events have been heck of a lot cheaper than buying a ship of the same tier, directly and the phase requirements have not been that bad at all.

Recent history suggests it will be worse.
It's a tier 9, but it doesn't cost them any more to make than a tier 2.
Value is determined by the buyer, and all I've seen from these Dockyards is ships
that nobody would buy if they were in the premium shop.

32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If this thing gets into the Armory it will be 19K dubs; 8K to pick it up from a grind is still pretty good. It's less than you pay up front for most if not all T8 premiums.

But the difference is, with the Armory or Premium shop, I get to pick the ship that 'I' want, not one that's being forced on me.

Also, T9 perm camos are basically worthless. -20% service cost is too low, and the T10 ships are better.

34 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Also, glad to see good amounts of Coal and Steel for the flake event.

Identical to 2019.
In 2018, we also had a series of directives that paid a crap ton of steel. Wish they'd bring that back.
And you're right. those Santa containers aren't even the premium version. I'd rather have steel.

• Meh 1

[UFFA]
Members
2,116 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, Usedcarjock said:

AFAIK Lesta is at an impressive 100% failure rate giving fake Italian ships names. :cap_win:

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
Just now, Sparviero said:

AFAIK Lesta is at an impressive 100% failure rate giving fake Italian ships names. :cap_win:

i truly hope its a placeholder name.like slava/pobeda.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,024 posts
17,077 battles
14 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

What is wrong with Marco Polo? Italian Navy has used that name in the past.

[SALVO]
Members
5,168 posts
4,459 battles
19 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

It's like asking in the office "name a famous italian"... I'm waiting for a Michelangelo and a Da Vinci...

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
10,468 posts
9,773 battles
48 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

In addition, they have sold steel in the past. Years ago in a purchasable campaign and in previous dock yard events. It isn't new.

One way it is worse is you pay for 4 stages instead of two, and the cost per stage of doubloons is higher.

Now the ship is higher tier, so I would expect it to go up either way.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,468 posts
8,135 battles

So Hizen has a dozen 16"/50 caliber guns. I'm a bit doubtful it will get stuck with a 40 second reload like the new US BBs. Or a 23 knot speed for that matter. Any word on its current stats?

Sign in to follow this