You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

Black List

23 comments in this topic

[Y0L0W]
Members
571 posts
18,497 battles

He can’t message you and you don’t see his messages. That’s about all that matters. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,445 posts
17,695 battles
23 minutes ago, Bortt said:

He can’t message you and you don’t see his messages. That’s about all that matters. 

^This^.

For the OP the problem obviously is that this includes team chat. So if he's black listed from a previous battle you won't see his chat in a following battle. However, if you blacklisted him for obnoxious comments then who cares. But if you blacklisted him for being afk or some other reason then you might want to reconsider that decision. 

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Meh. I don't mind school yard trash talk. My Blacklist is reserved for only the elite few that are appallingly toxic or repulsive. I bet I have a dozen or less that have distinguished themselves to such a high standard.

[TFFOX]
Members
786 posts
1,567 battles
4 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Meh. I don't mind school yard trash talk. My Blacklist is reserved for only the elite few that are appallingly toxic or repulsive. I bet I have a dozen or less that have distinguished themselves to such a high standard.

same here, if people are really toxic in chat, or they pm me with insults, I blacklist them

Edited by AdmiralFox08

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,297 battles

i was hoping it made you not see them in battle again....i thought i found the holy grail of removing cv's from running into them . well, that was a really fast list to make long...lol have to unblack list a bunch of players...lol 

[GLF]
Members
1,041 posts
17,057 battles

Is there a limit to how many can go on blacklist before a crash, etc?  Asking for a friend.  

[GLF]
Members
1,041 posts
17,057 battles
Just now, MEANN said:

i was hoping it made you not see them in battle again....

You CAN use it to monitor if someone is in a match or not.  So if you see them go from no status to in battle, wait like 3-4 min and you should be safe from seeing them in battle. 

It will also put an icon next to their name in the battle so you can see who you had previously blacklisted.  Its a decent tracking utility in that regard.  If I log into a battle and I see someone i previously blacklisted I'll usually avoid them in battle because they're on my list for poor play or teamkilling, etc. 

[SCOM]
Members
216 posts
9,405 battles
2 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

You CAN use it to monitor if someone is in a match or not.  So if you see them go from no status to in battle, wait like 3-4 min and you should be safe from seeing them in battle. 

It will also put an icon next to their name in the battle so you can see who you had previously blacklisted.  Its a decent tracking utility in that regard.  If I log into a battle and I see someone i previously blacklisted I'll usually avoid them in battle because they're on my list for poor play or teamkilling, etc. 

This is what I use it for.  Could care less about their chat, but that orange icon gives me a heads up on the team lists for players to avoid on my team or a prime target on the red team.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,296 posts
9,645 battles
1 hour ago, Bortt said:

I'm curious -- does the chat window somehow indicate that they've been blacklisted, or it simply looks like the other person isn't responding?

[SALVO]
Members
2,499 posts
6,666 battles
40 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Hah yeah.  I  like that qualification of the "elite" few . I believe I have 1 blacklisted in game and 1 ignored on the forums. Its pretty tough to meet any standard that deserves such a thing from me. 

10 minutes ago, vak_ said:

I'm curious -- does the chat window somehow indicate that they've been blacklisted, or it simply looks like the other person isn't responding?

I believe I tested this with a friend 4 years or so ago and it just looked like the person was not responding.  Which is the better option in my opinion. As otherwise it encourage particularly insistent individuals to create new accounts to continue the spam. 

• Cool 1

[F4E]
Members
301 posts
8,254 battles
41 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

The blacklist function is also used (by me, at least) for people who just message constantly...not just the automatic messages such as "get back" but who post their own "unique" messages constantly...not necessarily toxic or repulsive, but just clogging the message "queue"

[WOLFC]
Members
3,057 posts
37 minutes ago, vak_ said:

There is an indication for blacklisted players in the team list (a small orange text box) ... you won't see anything about/from them in the chat window.

[CNO]
Members
6,058 posts
18,503 battles

Five years....never felt the need to blacklist anyone.

Spoiler

The reply above is not a challenge. :cap_old:

[KERMT]
Members
1,029 posts
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Five years....never felt the need to blacklist anyone.

Reveal hidden contents

The reply above is not a challenge. :cap_old:

I have issues with the human race so my black list is longer than my friends list. 

If only I wanted to  talk to people. 

This does not count. :P 

Members
1,586 posts
1,286 battles
7 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

^This^.

For the OP the problem obviously is that this includes team chat. So if he's black listed from a previous battle you won't see his chat in a following battle.

I don't think that's true. Pretty sure it just blocks port messages

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,276 posts
4,904 battles

I don't mind a little chat, or even a little trash talk done right etc. However, incredibly toxic players are blacklisted and thats the end of them.

I do generally run with chat disabled unless in clan battle. Its for my own good.

Once in a blue moon you run with a team thats really good all around. Motivating. However the really toxic players stay on blacklist.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,445 posts
17,695 battles
34 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

It blocks all messages from the person that was blacklisted, including battle chat. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,248 battles
9 hours ago, MEANN said:

What does the game do when you blacklist another player?

You can't message each other AND when you enter a match and they are in it, a little orange chatbox appears on the left corner by their name.

I blacklist people for sucking and throwing games, so when I see one of those little orange boxes, I know I am seeing a player who is not one I have to worry about/have to carry, depending.

Members
1,586 posts
1,286 battles
18 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

It blocks all messages from the person that was blacklisted, including battle chat. 

I'll try it out again, but in the past I remember still seeing battle chat from blacklisted players. There's a separate command to block in battle messages from a user, so I don't think blacklisting alone would do it.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,445 posts
17,695 battles
18 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I'll try it out again, but in the past I remember still seeing battle chat from blacklisted players. There's a separate command to block in battle messages from a user, so I don't think blacklisting alone would do it.

Let me know because I thought we tested that years ago and it worked. I very rarely blacklist anyone but the few that I have I've never gotten any messages from or seen during a match. 

Alpha Tester
620 posts
16,278 battles
19 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Nope, you do not see any chat from them in game.