Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

A DD lesson on when to spot and when to deal damage

4 comments in this topic

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,599 battles

This video was sparked by a discussion on my Discord, so I put a quick video together going over the ins and outs of spotting and damage.  If you mess this up you either cut off all damage your team does to the enemy allowing them to repair and get their consumables off cool down or your team ends up missing the damage you should have been doing that might be enough to win the fight and the game.  Its critical to not mess this up.  It my hope this video can help explain these mechanics and concepts because I see this messed up all the time.

Please add anything you can to this thread.  I will be referring players to it as an educational resource.

Thank you.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,900 posts
26,419 battles

Tough as you say...

I tend to prefer to not be seen, period.

As you said in that Shinonome battle of mine you reviewed, I need to shoot more as a distraction to the Reds if nothing else.

Trying to get better. Abusing that shamelessly in Co-op because of course the bots often go SQUIRREL!!! as soon as I start shooting from my destroyers.

Members
3,415 posts
40,705 battles
34 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Tough as you say...

As you said in that Shinonome battle of mine you reviewed, I need to shoot more as a distraction to the Reds if nothing else.

Trying to get better. Abusing that shamelessly in Co-op because of course the bots often go SQUIRREL!!! as soon as I start shooting from my destroyers.

I too, abuse bots. If they had rights, I would be in jail by now. 

Yeah, I DD in co-op, I like to pour it on, but I also like to sail circles around islands, break contact, deceive, misdirect, and smoke up for a teammate. 

When I smoke, I either do it to cover my tracks, someone else's, or to get a flank to hide while firing as I spot. 

Yeah, it's fun and funny. 

So long as it is fun for you, you should do what you want. I do. 

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,599 battles
14 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Tough as you say...

Bots and players dont tend to play the same.

Bots for example tend to shoot better than your average player, but do erratic things like only use their front guns as they charge in to die.  I get why that level of accuracy might frighten a player, but for some reason they tend to shift targets away from DDs when you get about half health in a lot of cases.

More important IMO is understanding the difference in play styles between the bots and human players.  You need to learn to read what human players are going to do before they do it.  That takes time and experience, but once you have that skill you can really abuse a lot of players.

Sign in to follow this