You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WhenThereWereGiants71

Review before Buying

27 comments in this topic

Members
36 posts
4,242 battles

Ok, I wish I would have gone to YouTube before buying the latest Failure to Perform Bucket.   HMS Cheshire.   I thought I would have learned my lesson when I bought the Freswhatever.  77$ that lesson.   The newest member of my Targets for you all HMS Cheshire.  99 bucks for this mistake.  WG master control, yep another great target to be sunk and sunk quick. I will promise myself from now on, to tune in to Youtube.  Please do not buy this sailing target.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
6,772 posts
16,218 battles

So you didn't only buy the ship, you bought the mega-fat, dollar sucking bundle?  Ouch.  The lessons we learn and keep with us forever tend to be the lessons that stung the most.

• Cool 2

[VORTX]
Members
422 posts
6,333 battles

Ugh sorry man. Last turd I bought was Cali. I knew it was a turd before buying though. A few beers later and click click went the mouse ...

Edited by Fifi_Macaffee
  • Funny 1

[POSM]
Members
139 posts
1,994 battles

That’s rough man, I’m sorry. I bought just the ship, and I’ve actually been enjoying it so far. Over 17 games not a great win rate so far only 47%, but damage is ok at 70k. It’s not exactly an easy ship, but if you can stay alive past the first part of the game it does well, this ship takes time to get the damage in with only 6 guns. I run propulsion mod and the rudder mod instead of the concealment, go bow away and just be an annoying AF target to hit. Use the superheal to deal with the pens and random citadels you’re going to eat, take advantage of adrenaline rush and surprise people with your high hp in the late game. You have a flat a$$, so don’t let shells hit you directly there or it’s going to go right through and prob citadel. I can send you a replay of what I mean if you want, best of luck! 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,092 posts
1 hour ago, Innkeeper70 said:

....  99 bucks for this mistake.  ....

Ouch!  Repeat after me ... "My name is Innkeeper --- and I'm a Warshipaholic"  

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,470 posts
17,830 battles

I feel your pain. I just bought the Munched, as in citadel gets munched on every game, and am struggling as well. My mistake only cost me twenty something bucks with the 30% coupon but still, I get it. Sorry, you spent so much. We should form a support club or something.

Buyer's Remorse? Memes You Will Identify With If You Regret the Purchase You  Just Made

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,913 posts
11,672 battles
1 hour ago, Innkeeper70 said:

Ok, I wish I would have gone to YouTube before buying the latest Failure to Perform Bucket.   HMS Cheshire.   I thought I would have learned my lesson when I bought the Freswhatever.  77$ that lesson.   The newest member of my Targets for you all HMS Cheshire.  99 bucks for this mistake.  WG master control, yep another great target to be sunk and sunk quick. I will promise myself from now on, to tune in to Youtube.  Please do not buy this sailing target.

Why buy the bundle ???

Edited by clammboy

Members
3,436 posts
40,926 battles

My advice OP is before you consider a ship in the premium shop or an event, to use the search function of the forums for topics related to the ship. 

Consider the source of the information posted of course, but usually there are quite a few players that probably know the ship you search.

And some even have dedicated research on it like LWM.

But this is resource information only if you don't watch Twitch or YouTube.

Because there are lots of players that probably get the ship that stream, either because they can afford it, or because they actually like the ship.

A non-CC streamer can be far more objective too. Because they are very experienced in their own ways based on ships they like. And opinions vary.

But ask any of them during their streams about any of the ships. Especially those streamers that are proficient in the type you are looking for.

And it is the streamer that will do a demonstration and also a detailed account of the tactics employed in combat, who will help you effectively piay the ship and not struggle with it.

Research always helps a player with that decision. But consulting a streamer that shows how to use the ship will really be helpful.

So, OP, every player has that one or two moments of getting a ship and it seems you will never make it work.

Most players here do their homework and also in game, they frequently ask players that sail the ship their opinions. 

I am often asked because I am a BB main. But I am also asked for other ships too, because I like trying them all.

I often explain the merits and the limitations of the ship.

But I am not the only player that has this experience.

In this forum, we actually have many. 

If you have been in the game long enough, then you probably know a few that might be helpful about certain ships and can give you an impartial assessment.

Just bear in mind, every player is different. Your standard for credibility is number of battles in a mode you prefer, the ship you are interested in, the damage output that appeals to you, and whether they will actually sincerely give you an answer without being rude to you. 

These players will often be able to help and they are often well respected by other players, even if they are often of differing opinions and passions about how to play ships. It's the fact that despite the ability to agree to disagree, these players still interact with each other.

It's mutual respect.

If you like watching streams I urge you to ask streamers that intrigue you,  for advice. And don't be afraid to consult more than one. Because if you just watch one, you only see one aspect, but not the whole picture of ships..

You should average 3-4 go to streamers that are deemed reliable and also enjoyable to watch. But also because you have to time manage the broadcasts.

Start out checking them all out and eventually you will narrow it down.

Also some streamers network really well with others and often know someone that can help you.

Now you might not like watching streams, and that is your choice. But the forums will help, but it takes longer to learn. 

Watching streamers is faster. It saves you time. 

I hope this helps.

Good luck 👍

[WOLFC]
Members
2,007 posts
10,436 battles
3 hours ago, Carlos_Mendozariquez said:

The changes to the CC program removing the ability to let you know a turd in inbound is working well it seems.

:Smile_amazed:

This ship was released months ago, so all the pertinent information was freely available. In fact, the changes to the policy surrounding ships in testing ensures that the available videos and other content describes the release version of the ship and not an earlier, different version during testing, so the available information is more accurate than what was seen for ships before the rule change.

I can understand someone’s annoyance with the change (even though I agree with it), but to claim that it somehow is to blame for the OP’s situation is ridiculous.

Members
661 posts
4 hours ago, Innkeeper70 said:

It's all good.   It's only a mistake if you cant afford $100.   We dont always get good ships.  Even if others think it's great, sometimes ship doesnt work for me.    Plus, it's never a loss in the sense that this game is always in a state of flux and the game may change in a way that the ship you thoug was junk becomes a goto fun favorite.  Mikasa was my largest disappointment - until they added bots to Random.  Now, you can farm bots with Mikasa secondaries and rack up huge XP.  (Until WeeGee decides to cut off that gravy train)

I was clowned hard for buying the Puerto Rico last Christmas. ( You paid $250 for a ship worse than alaska? Buhahhahaha!!   Didnt you see the CC's tell you the alaska was better and you bought it anyway?  Wow.... ect....)

10 months later and all the controversy a distant memory - Now, ppl want the ship and are pissed WeeGee wont brink it back.  Point is, you'll get lots of people telling you how 'wrong' or 'stupid' you are for doing whatever.  Just ignore those posts.   It's far better to get something you want.   

If there was a mistake OP, it was venting your frustration in the forum and feeding the misanthrope trolls.   

Good luck on your next premium!

• Boring 1

[MOEKA]
Members
20 posts
5,499 battles
5 hours ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

Ugh sorry man. Last turd I bought was Cali. I knew it was a turd before buying though. A few beers later and click click went the mouse ...

thats how i got all my premium ships 

Edited by AiRStYL3

[REVY]
Members
2,507 posts
13,460 battles
10 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

Caveat Emptor. All the pertinent information was out there on the Cheshire some time ago.

7 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

:Smile_amazed:

This ship was released months ago, so all the pertinent information was freely available. In fact, the changes to the policy surrounding ships in testing ensures that the available videos and other content describes the release version of the ship and not an earlier, different version during testing, so the available information is more accurate than what was seen for ships before the rule change.

I can understand someone’s annoyance with the change (even though I agree with it), but to claim that it somehow is to blame for the OP’s situation is ridiculous.

^^^

This is the second lap for Cheshire.

A quick search of the forums turned up several people who disliked the thing.

Sorry Op, but this is on you for not researching the ship before dropping coin on it.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
11 hours ago, Carlos_Mendozariquez said:

The changes to the CC program removing the ability to let you know a turd in inbound is working well it seems.

Sorry, no. Not relevant here.

The Cheshire was released months ago, and Little White Mouse has had a review out on it for ages. The last time they pulled it from the shop, nobody mourned its going.

OP is, to their credit, admitting they failed to do their due diligence and reminding others not fail how they did.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
7 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

I always wait & see how these pixels behave.  

Bad pixel! Bad! No treat for you! :Smile_veryhappy:

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,337 posts
16,776 battles
12 hours ago, Innkeeper70 said:

:Smile_great:My sympathys I've stopped buying any new ships,At this point only working to get resource ships(coal)Thunderer,Black and Maybe Flintand on a much more limited basis RP  points

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7.png

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
12 hours ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

Got a few port queens on account of this... My latest one night stand was Florida. 

• Funny 1

[TRU]
Members
696 posts
20,173 battles
13 hours ago, Innkeeper70 said:

I can't comment on the Cheshire as I don't have it.......

But you don't like the Friesland?  Granted mine was "free" thanks to having the gold XP, but I love that ship.  You should give it another try and use the awesome smoke/guns/hydro/AA to your advantage.  Having no torps forces a different but fun play style.  

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

even flamu hated it,not because of the gun or damage,but because the ship somehow gets innacurate at medium ranges

Edited by Cruxdei

[5D2]
Members
430 posts
10,425 battles

I think what we're overlooking here is this guy calling the Friesland a turd.  

Questionable comment is questionable.