Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

how is bayard nowadays?

7 comments in this topic

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

bayard review was made in 2019 or 2018,cant remember,but with the current AA and IFHE changes,how does she fare  today?

[WOLF3]
Members
28,279 posts
24,681 battles

She's a Tier VIII / High Tier CL so the IFHE changes don't harm her like it did Tier VII and below CLs.  Last I checked a while ago, Bayard was a solid damage dealer competing with Mainz.

But, regardless what I think, here's how she is doing this past quarter compared to the other Tier VIII Cruisers.

NA Server 3rd Quarter 2020-06-27 thru 09-26.  Premium Tier VIII Cruiser Dmg Avg

CA Atago 40.7k

CA Prinz Eugen 38.6k (German Cruiser HE Pen bonus)

CL Mainz 53.6k (150mm guns;  German Cruiser HE Pen bonus)

CL Bayard 50.1k

CL Irian 48.5k

CA Wukong 48.9k

CA Cheshire 45.8k (so much for those 234mm guns)

CL Kutuzov 64.2k (OP and got pulled long ago;  people said she wasn't good ever since the smoke gun bloom detection nerf.  Just :Smile_veryhappy:)

CL Ochakov 34.1k (so much for RU Bias)

CA Pyotr Bagration 39.5k (so much for RU Bias)

CL Azur Lane Montpelier 39.2k

CA Anchorage 40.1k

CA Wichita 40.7k

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,361 posts
16,621 battles
17 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

bayard review was made in 2019 or 2018,cant remember,but with the current AA and IFHE changes,how does she fare  today?

Still a good boat, the IFHE rework did hurt her but I'd still buy her if I didn't already have her.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,279 posts
24,681 battles
1 minute ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Still a good boat, the IFHE rework did hurt her but I'd still buy her if I didn't already have her.

The IFHE changes really hammered mid tier Cruisers.  It hurt the High Tier ones also, but not to the degree it did Mid.

Helena in Tier VII is not the monster she once was.  Atlanta is still in a coma at the hospital, never having recovered from when the changes sucker punched her.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,084 posts
15,115 battles

Always wanted one...maybe will get that lucky SC....

[BOTO]
Members
1,361 posts
16,621 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The IFHE changes really hammered mid tier Cruisers.  It hurt the High Tier ones also, but not to the degree it did Mid.

Helena in Tier VII is not the monster she once was.

It hurt Bayard more than most because she lost her ability to pen 38mm, which means she can't wreck USN BBs like she used to. Mogami was one of the rare ships that benefitted because now she can pen 38mm with IFHE and given that it's pretty rare you don't have any USN BBs to shoot at it a match it makes a significant difference.

Even though there's a lot of really good premium Tier 8 cruisers Bayard is still one of the better ones.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,296 posts
22,197 battles
31 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

It hurt Bayard more than most because she lost her ability to pen 38mm, which means she can't wreck USN BBs like she used to. Mogami was one of the rare ships that benefitted because now she can pen 38mm with IFHE and given that it's pretty rare you don't have any USN BBs to shoot at it a match it makes a significant difference.

Even though there's a lot of really good premium Tier 8 cruisers Bayard is still one of the better ones.

She is a bear if you get her in the right position.  Her reload consumable combined with hydro can drive a DD nuts in the few seconds of life it has left.  In absence of those targets you can rain fire and brimstone from afar.  Good bote.

Sign in to follow this