You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Don't Play The Game if You Are Not Going To Play

72 comments in this topic

[IRNBN]
Members
3,695 posts
10,741 battles

Well off course he quit! I mean, what the hey, if he can't just sit there and farm damage with impunity and no effort, what's the point of playing a CV, am I right? /sarcasm

• Cool 7
  • Funny 8
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,505 posts
20,707 battles

Well just about every game has a bot or AFK what does it matter if the CV doesn't wanna play it shouldn't make a difference right?

I mean just one ship shouldn't make a difference.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,931 posts
26,442 battles
2 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Well off course he quit! I mean, what the hey, if he can't just sit there and farm damage with impunity and no effort, what's the point of playing a CV, am I right? /sarcasm

Sure wish I was one of those CV players who can just farm damage with impunity.

Unfotunately I’m just an uncoordinated pogue who considers himself lucky just to get torpedo hits, because spotting has made rockets a damn joke, and all trying to use bombers does is make pretty fireworks for ship crew.

(edit)

All the ‘boring’ reactions...

Sure must be a tough life, being unable or unwilling to even try to deal with carrier attacks...

...I may not be able to attack with carriers, but I certainly don’t have much trouble avoiding them.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 10

[SALVO]
Members
5,316 posts
4,560 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

because spotting has made rockets a damn joke

what? the spotting change went live? I've not noticed any change in my spotting distance...

[PT]
Members
939 posts
2,943 battles

Had 2 afks on my team yesterday night. Top BB and a cruiser. What rubbed salt into the wounds is that my team nearly won with these 2 non players. Just lost it at the end.

[BB35]
Members
457 posts
13,207 battles
3 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Had 2 afks on my team yesterday night. Top BB and a cruiser. What rubbed salt into the wounds is that my team nearly won with these 2 non players. Just lost it at the end.

I've had teams with 2 afk players, only to have those players come back to the game after 10 minutes and so, then call everyone noobs for losing and spouting off that they had a crap team.

[RLGN]
Members
14,931 posts
26,442 battles
53 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

what? the spotting change went live? I've not noticed any change in my spotting distance...

I’m not one of those half bat players who can apparently use echolocation through their monitors, and can accurately anticipate where destroyers will be to deliver the devastating attacks so often kvetched about.

Destroyer spotting was pretty much cut in half this year. You basically can’t see one now unless it leaves its AA on, or you trip over it.

The only way I ever manage to use rockets against destroyers is if someone else is spotting them.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
2,518 posts
6,689 battles
9 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

You cannot stop human stupidity. It is an elemental force, far stronger than gravity...

Had a super frustrating experience with a 39% CV hero just yesterday night. Just drove his midway straight down one flank to be blown up and never launched a plane.   It  ended up being a very close game where 1 more active ship (especially a CV nuking ships that went low) would have guaranteed a win.  

• Thanks 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,086 posts
1,345 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

image.png.c15ce71cff8d8c239490ed7ed9bd8585.png

When playing coop in the Kaga I get shredded it by tier 10 AA so I know the feels :Smile_sceptic: It's probably worse playing against real players :cap_rambo: Now would I AFK no but I would be practically useless other than spotting :Smile_hiding: Kaga should probably see only tier 9 ships and below :fish_haloween:

1 hour ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

What is a tier 6 CV doing in a tier 10 battle?

The Kaga is a tier 8 premium CV with tier 6 paper tissue planes in tier 10 :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,326 posts
9,654 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sure must be a tough life, being unable or unwilling to even try to deal with carrier attacks...

Yeah, jUsT DoDGe

• Thanks 2

[VAST_]
Members
134 posts
4,317 battles
1 hour ago, Gemlin said:

I've had teams with 2 afk players, only to have those players come back to the game after 10 minutes and so, then call everyone noobs for losing and spouting off that they had a crap team.

Other night I was in a pretty good close match but at the end we fell apart. I had been busy and didn't realize a green player had been AFK. He suddenly starts in on chat "What happened? We are winning and I come back after 10 minutes and suddenly we are losing bad..." 

[WOLFG]
Members
30,731 posts
9,354 battles
1 hour ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

What is a tier 6 CV doing in a tier 10 battle?

Kaga.

Although, the planes are not T6, as many say. They are stock Shokaku planes, Just like Enterprise's attack planes and TBs are stock Lexington planes.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,731 posts
9,354 battles
20 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Yeah, jUsT DoDGe

Look at it this way. Dodging might not save you, but not dodging certainly won't.

I mean, if you're in a CA playing open-water evasion, do you just give BBs broadside? Of course not. If you knew that dancing like a [edited] meant you were still guaranteed to be hit with one BB shell, would you just figure that since you can't escape being hit, you might as well not bother maneuvering?

And as an aside, (not aimed at you) I wonder how many people say they can't dodge any damage, because 9 times out of 10 when the planes come knocking, they're either stationary or moving backwards, snuggled next to an island. You've been around a long time, do you remember things like I do, with a lot fewer ships throwing out anchor back in the day?

I played Shokaku yesterday, and mauled a Kremlin. I sent 4 strikes after him, and all he did was back straight up the whole time, it was like farming a bot in a training room.

Now, I get that Kremlin is supposed to bow tank, but if you insist on displaying less mobility than a loaded trireme whose rowers all have typhus, IMO you deserve all the seagull crap you get.

It may not be all that difficult to hit a moving target, but it's even less difficult to hit a stationary one.

I think WG is trying to keep people moving, and will be doubling down on that with subs.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,931 posts
26,442 battles
1 hour ago, vak_ said:

Yeah, jUsT DoDGe

Sarcasm aside; I didn’t have trouble dealing with RTS carriers, and not much more dealing with the current carriers.

I don’t like how carriers have changed, but also can’t understand why players have so much trouble dealing with them.

My reaction to complaints, because of my own experiences, is pretty much summed up by; ‘Do you even try!?!’

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
6,672 posts
11,665 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

image.png.c15ce71cff8d8c239490ed7ed9bd8585.png

I imagine that player was reported for unsporting behavior and/or being AFK.

When one clicks on the "BATTLE" button, one should do their best in whatever conditions they find themselves in.

Kaga, like all CV's, benefits from appropriate Captain's Skills. 
The planes, while fragile, can usually perform at least one strike per sortie, especially if the player is good at maneuvering during AA exposure.
Pre-dropping of ordnance, to send planes back to the CV before continuing on with the remaining squadron, helps to keep squadrons at adequate strength during a match. 

Players should understand that their Teammates are depending upon them.  Don't quit. 
Win, lose, or draw, the outcome can become a drinking story, unless one quits.
Never give up, never surrender.  Play one's best.

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
996 battles
2 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

The Kaga is a tier 8 premium CV with tier 6 paper tissue planes in tier 10 

Yes it is and I use it in co op with no problem. I just keep my planes away from tier 9 and 10 ships, spot and go after loners and beat down ships.

There is no mention in OPs post that the CV was a Kaga. It could have been any tier 6 CV divisioned with any tier 8 ship. Quite foolish on their part. 

[TIMT]
Members
959 posts
4,177 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Look at it this way. Dodging might not save you, but not dodging certainly won't.

I mean, if you're in a CA playing open-water evasion, do you just give BBs broadside? Of course not. If you knew that dancing like a [edited] meant you were still guaranteed to be hit with one BB shell, would you just figure that since you can't escape being hit, you might as well not bother maneuvering? 

And as an aside, (not aimed at you) I wonder how many people say they can't dodge any damage, because 9 times out of 10 when the planes come knocking, they're either stationary or moving backwards, snuggled next to an island. You've been around a long time, do you remember things like I do, with a lot fewer ships throwing out anchor back in the day?

So, just a few minutes ago I played a match in DM, where we had a single DD per team but a CV. The red CV was a MvR, so rocket planes are evil. Now, I am at cap A early in the game, coming in from north trying to keep the islands between me and the Yamato that has just been spotted on the other side.

The MvR comes in and circles me in rocket planes outside my AA range. So I now have the choice between angling/hiding from the Yama to not get insta deleted and eat whatever 10-20k the MvR is taking from me. Or I can try to dodge and eat a potential dev strike from the Yama for maybe not eating all the MvR rockets.

You call that 'not bothering to maneuver'? That thing was maneuverable enough to not care about me turning because planes, somehow, are fast than ships. As soon as I just started thinking about using one of the many islands to bring guns to bear without being deleted by Thunderers or Yamatos the AP bombers were incoming.

All you can do is hide in a blob or in the back. No thank you, I dislike CVs in this game not only for the spotting but for exactly prohibiting any smart plays around positions and cover. Dumbs the game down a lot imho.

• Thanks 2

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,787 battles

Gee I usually say that to the entire team, because all they do is come up to the islands and sit there, I'm the only one on 90% of the battles I play with the nads to go past a certain point on the map, everybody else seems to be too scared

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

When one clicks on the "BATTLE" button, one should do their best in whatever conditions they find themselves in.

I can understand someone going AFK because of a power outage, internet connection problem, or real-life obligation, but it's rare to see someone actually at the keyboard but petulantly refusing to participate in the battle because the matchmaking wasn't to his liking. It's too bad that there is not an option that would prevent such individuals from showing up on your team again.

• Cool 1