Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

About Subs, even before testing it again

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,285
[SALVO]
Members
5,395 posts
4,595 battles

So, checking out the new changes to Sub mechanics and setting up for the new round of test...

Given that battery is now irrelevant for anything else than pinging I wonder what's the point on having it at all... feels unnecessary to have another "resource" that is indeed a moot point, if it now will only limit Pings, it would be better and easier to have pings limited by cool down timers than limiting by a perpetually regenerating "resource" that has actually no practical limitation. 

I think it would be better for the class to get rid of the battery "resource" (if it won't be related to underwater movement) and exchange it for a "Noise Level" meter, making underwater detection of the submarine related to its noise level, and having different actions affect the noise level accordingly (for example, pinging should be the equivalent of firing guns, giving you temporary max range detection. Speed should be directly correlated to noise level). 

Having detection level correlated to the noise made would go a long way in making the class a bit more interesting and "immersive", I know we can have a thorough simulation but please lets introduce a little bit of thinking to the class, not just a plain arcade shooter.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,271
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,223 posts
14,759 battles
13 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

So, checking out the new changes to Sub mechanics and setting up for the new round of test...

Given that battery is now irrelevant for anything else than pinging I wonder what's the point on having it at all... feels unnecessary to have another "resource" that is indeed a moot point, if it now will only limit Pings, it would be better and easier to have pings limited by cool down timers than limiting by a perpetually regenerating "resource" that has actually no practical limitation. 

I think it would be better for the class to get rid of the battery "resource" (if it won't be related to underwater movement) and exchange it for a "Noise Level" meter, making underwater detection of the submarine related to its noise level, and having different actions affect the noise level accordingly (for example, pinging should be the equivalent of firing guns, giving you temporary max range detection. Speed should be directly correlated to noise level). 

Having detection level correlated to the noise made would go a long way in making the class a bit more interesting and "immersive", I know we can have a thorough simulation but please lets introduce a little bit of thinking to the class, not just a plain arcade shooter.  

It is far more relevant now than it was in the previous incarnation. What I would like to see is increased battery usage for going above say 1/4 speed which would make using high speed while submerged a burst tool. I would also reduce detection for subs going 1/4 or less and increase it above 1/2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,285
[SALVO]
Members
5,395 posts
4,595 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

It is far more relevant now than it was in the previous incarnation. What I would like to see is increased battery usage for going above say 1/4 speed which would make using high speed while submerged a burst tool. I would also reduce detection for subs going 1/4 or less and increase it above 1/2.

But as it is now, battery does nothing but fueling pings, and recharges underwater at any speed... kinda moot if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,103
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,034 battles

How many "TEST PHASES" is this now? I'm beginning to think we won't see subs next year either, as this year certainly looks like it's out, and they can't get past testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
375
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,442 posts
5,018 battles

The reason they cannot get past testing is because of the problems being subs in the first place.

What I learned the previous round was simple.

1-Russkies don't need sonar or torp, Just ram.

2- Americans cannot turn in time to matter, just point one time and hope for the hit.

3- The German can spin circles but easy to trap.

4- Depth charges in sufficient application always wins.

 

And thats it. Unless you do your sub driving teammates a favor by erasing depth charge capable ships in the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,285
[SALVO]
Members
5,395 posts
4,595 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

How many "TEST PHASES" is this now? I'm beginning to think we won't see subs next year either, as this year certainly looks like it's out, and they can't get past testing.

I keep hearing gossip about this being "the last phase" which is quite disappointing to me, as I'm far from satisfied with the result... that accounting I'm a sub enthusiast. I hope they take the approach of "as many as it takes" in regards to testing phases before releasing the subs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
593
Members
1,583 posts
11,114 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

How many "TEST PHASES" is this now? I'm beginning to think we won't see subs next year either, as this year certainly looks like it's out, and they can't get past testing.

I'd rather they do a dozen tests than just dump them on us like CV then claim they're balansed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×