You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Angstroms

Kansas complaint - not just bad reload and speed

8 comments in this topic

[WNNR]
Members
33 posts
6,608 battles

Like many, I just got my Kansas with the Golden Eagle camo today and tried it out...and of course, got quite disappointed as many of you as well. Besides the long reload and terrible max speed, here's something else I found unbearable:

1. Dispersion. As a USN BB, she doesn't have the regular dispersion mod on slot 3. With her1.5 sigma, the accuracy is far from being okay. 

2. AP profile. The shell weight is around 900kg (10% less than that of her peers like Amagi, NC, or Vlad). This thing, coupled with the mediocre air drag, gives you the lowest penetration profile: 40-60mm less penetration at 15 km.  

3. Worse-than average hull armor. 32 mm almost everywhere yields poor HE resistance, despite the fact that the torpedo belt absorbs some HE damage. She also gets a massive massive superstructure with almost 4000 modular HP. In comparison, Vlad has 1900 superstructure hp which quickly saturates.

4. Probably worst Engine power of her tier. Although her accelerating ability has been specially buffed, the overall propulsion is still terrible. 

There are more specs on this ship that are just average, like the DPM or concealment. The AA is nice though.

So basically IMO the only good things in her are the alpha and the citadel protection, which is overwhelmed by these shortcomings...I really hope WG can give an instant buff before people lose interest as they did for British CAs.    

Edited by Angstroms
  • Cool 2

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

The gold eagle on the bow is kinda nice. And the emblem plate on the stern is kinda cool.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[--V--]
Members
1,452 posts
13,765 battles

WG insistence, that because she has 12 guns she needs horrible dispersion and worst in game reload speed is infantile logic.  Just like California, Kansas needs faster reload and better dispersion.  Either that, or speed her up to 27 kts and give her Mass/Ga secondaries.   Give her something.  Her and the rest will be port queens soon.

Just wanted to add.   When they all come out, I'm going to bring out my Smolensk and just rain fire all day.

Edited by SeaborneSumo
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,099 posts
24,439 battles

IX Minnesota and X Vermont have access to Slot 6, which for USN BBs means they get MBM3 for faster reload or APRM2 for 11% dispersion buff.

Kansas by virtue of being Tier VIII doesn't have access to that upgrade slot.  She's simply f--ked.

[WOLF3]
Members
373 posts
10,599 battles

These days I play it like an american cruiser by hugging islands and appearing when its beneficial. I am always surrounded by friends so I cant get targeted as much. The range mod gives her 26km but it can barely hit anything at 20, which I was hoping would make up for the durability it has. If I was feeling creative, I would give them a very high hit point pool and trim the reload to 35 seconds so it makes sense as to why there is so much hull and so little durability notwithstanding the guns.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,922 battles
1 hour ago, z9_ said:

The gold eagle on the bow is kinda nice. And the emblem plate on the stern is kinda cool.

If you're 6.

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
825 posts
7,408 battles
1 hour ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Just wanted to add.   When they all come out, I'm going to bring out my Smolensk and just rain fire all day.

I had my Smolensk out the other night and had a Minnesota in that battle :cap_look::fish_haloween:

Wasn't that hard to light all four fire zones ablaze and keep raining shells on it. Was kinda fun!

• Cool 1