Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
I_Only_Play_Carriers

The Japanese Super sub!!! a Must add!!

11 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,282 posts
12,162 battles

mah boi, the 400 class is sure to be either the T10 of the IJN sub line, or a high tier IJN sub premium, i can almost guarantee it

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

Bit late for this.

I'd wager the majority of people are expecting I-401 after the ARP collab.

• Thanks 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
11 minutes ago, I_Only_Play_Carriers said:

I notice people don't like CVs, so I will move to a Submarine the I-401 super sub with bombers and aircrew. Both a CV and a submarine. God I love Japanese engineering!

i like that sub because it shows how weird a submarine aircraft carrier would look like,the sub biggest strength is stealth,an aircraft carrier is big and rely on its massive air power for offense and defense,so here we have a vessel that mix both vessels not strongest traits,a submarine too big to be used as an attack submarine(easier to detect) and an aircraft carrier with negligible air power.

there is a reason of why yamamoto wanted a lot of those subs to make them relevant for the war effort,they would be used to attack the american coast as a fleet.

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Modder
664 posts
816 battles

They're starting us off with US, German and Soviet subs which are still in testing, per the latest news. It will probably be a long time before we see other nation subs.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,101 battles
1 hour ago, I_Only_Play_Carriers said:

I notice people don't like CVs, so I will move to a Submarine the I-401 super sub with bombers and aircrew. Both a CV and a submarine. God I love Japanese engineering!

Not a good idea. Imagine you take off with your Seiran squadron... Your Sub will then me in autopilot. If it is still working like the autopilot have now, most of the time the sub will stay underwater or rush towards the first Soviet DD with super duper sonar and depth charges. First autopilot. Goltz. 

Members
13 posts
1,462 battles
6 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Not a good idea. Imagine you take off with your Seiran squadron... Your Sub will then me in autopilot. If it is still working like the autopilot have now, most of the time the sub will stay underwater or rush towards the first Soviet DD with super duper sonar and depth charges. First autopilot. Goltz. 

The sub historically is super undetectable this sub submerged off the coast of California past the US fleet, but the war ended. They were preparing to bomb the US! So Russian DD not a problem! 

Sign in to follow this