Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kyesac

OK, New Wierdness Today

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
913 posts
20,935 battles

I just got into the game and checked my US Battleships progression.  And it says,

I have 5/5 tasks done to complete the directive #4, but I didn't get the award.  The screen still shows the directive as being active/uncompleted.  What?

@Hapa_Fodder  Any idea on this?

PS:  Not sure how to screenshot this.

[POP]
Members
4,660 posts
12,429 battles

It's a technical issue with how the missions work. If you completed 5 of 6 yesterday before the incorrect requirements (6 tasks) was corrected, you need to complete another mission for the mission to actually recognize you completed the directive.

[WOLF9]
Members
913 posts
20,935 battles

If construction workers built houses the way programmers program, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.

I don't mind doing 6 to get the 'prize', but it is strange to see 5/5 instead of 5/6.  I was a programmer for over 10 years, and even to me it seems like a pretty easy fix.

Whatever.....

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,017 posts
11 minutes ago, kyesac said:

If construction workers built houses the way programmers program, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.

I don't mind doing 6 to get the 'prize', but it is strange to see 5/5 instead of 5/6.  I was a programmer for over 10 years, and even to me it seems like a pretty easy fix.

Whatever.....

Go take a square and level to all your doorways, walls, stairs and windows.  You won't find a square and level line in your house.  Everything is crooked and imperfect. You are likely to find your door and window frames to be wider on the top than on the bottom or vice versa.

Your house isn't broken, they are all built that way. Even brand new ones.

[WPORT]
Members
6,673 posts
11,674 battles
35 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Go take a square and level to all your doorways, walls, stairs and windows.  You won't find a square and level line in your house.  Everything is crooked and imperfect. You are likely to find your door and window frames to be wider on the top than on the bottom or vice versa.

A house could be built better, but the time, tools and expertise needed would be cost prohibitive.
So, we have "good enough" houses.
Apparently the same rush-to-finish incentives are in programming?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,017 posts
4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Quiet often.  Not just WG, developers in general are often up against crazy deadlines.  Time is money and all that.

Code is sloppy and not the best it could be in many products.  It's just that unless it actually breaks, the consumer never knows because they can't actually see it.

[GOCRY]
Members
639 posts
3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

A house could be built better, but the time, tools and expertise needed would be cost prohibitive.
So, we have "good enough" houses.

Not just house building and programming, but all industries.  Sleep tight as you consider health care, airlines, etc...

[WOLFG]
Members
30,751 posts
9,354 battles
43 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Agreed.

I started in the construction industry building custom homes. We did everything except the mechanical and the drywall taping. We took the extra time, because it made it easier for the next step.

I moved to the city, and took a job on a framing crew. Boy were they fast! I was sent to frame around the ductwork. Usually, I just built two "ladders", and joined them at the bottom, precutting all my pieces, and keeping things as tight as possible.

Welp, so much for that idea, I had to start over, making the bulkheads larger, because nothing was anywhere near as straight and level as I was used to.

Sign in to follow this