You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
syp_twiz

Florida

20 comments in this topic

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
141 posts
13,090 battles

wow.. another premium i bought that i'll never play. The armor absolutely sucks on it. I've been killed from 3/4 health to zero about every run with it. Something needs done with the armor on it. Bad enough i've been grinding to get the kansas, and my clan mates tell me don't bother, worst BB they ever had. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,015 posts
9 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

wow.. another premium i bought that i'll never play. The armor absolutely sucks on it. I've been killed from 3/4 health to zero about every run with it. Something needs done with the armor on it. Bad enough i've been grinding to get the kansas, and my clan mates tell me don't bother, worst BB they ever had. 

You show as having played 1 random battle in the Florida, which you survived and 7 coop battles in the Florida, 6 of which you survived.

So according to your stats anyway, you have played 8 games in the Florida and have been taken to zero health, 1 time.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

[UNC]
Members
818 posts
6,081 battles

If you treat it more like a cruiser with really big guns than a BB with small guns you will have more success.  With 25mm plate anything 380mm or bigger will overmatch and angling won't help you.  Florida is a decent ship, you just can't play it like you would another BB.  Don't have Kansas, but from the stats and everything I have heard it is total garbage; a lemon designed to make players spend to FXP get past it.

Members
2,110 posts
32,504 battles
9 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

If you treat it more like a cruiser with really big guns than a BB with small guns you will have more success.  With 25mm plate anything 380mm or bigger will overmatch and angling won't help you.  Florida is a decent ship, you just can't play it like you would another BB.  Don't have Kansas, but from the stats and everything I have heard it is total garbage; a lemon designed to make players spend to FXP get past it.

I can confirm, it is garbage - only for the 40 second reload. 35 max and it's alright. Spreadsheet logic is driving the reload time.

As for Florida, it's spectacularly mediocre.

[SALVO]
Members
25,491 posts
27,464 battles
42 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I can confirm, it is garbage - only for the 40 second reload. 35 max and it's alright. Spreadsheet logic is driving the reload time.

As for Florida, it's spectacularly mediocre.

It also doesn't help that the Florida's HE is also very lame with a low (for a BB) fire change.

Hey, the Florida can blap cruisers with AP all day long.  But against BBs at any decent range, its AP will bounce rather easily.

It's rather a shame because the Florida has very nice maneuverability with its speed at tier 7.  Its guns and armor don't seem worthy of being on a tier 7 BB.

Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles
1 hour ago, Uncle_Lou said:

A BB that one cant play like a BB....  :cap_wander:

• Cool 1

Members
2,110 posts
32,504 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

It also doesn't help that the Florida's HE is also very lame with a low (for a BB) fire change.

Hey, the Florida can blap cruisers with AP all day long.  But against BBs at any decent range, its AP will bounce rather easily.

It's rather a shame because the Florida has very nice maneuverability with its speed at tier 7.  Its guns and armor don't seem worthy of being on a tier 7 BB.

Agreed. I'm not understanding why FL, KS, and by all accounts, MN and OK have been arbitrarily hobbled compared to the rest of the USN BBs.

Perhaps they're probably balancing the entire line against OH, GA and MA.

[SALVO]
Members
25,491 posts
27,464 battles
2 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Agreed. I'm not understanding why FL, KS, and by all accounts, MN and OK have been arbitrarily hobbled compared to the rest of the USN BBs.

Perhaps they're probably balancing the entire line against OH, GA and MA.

I'd have rather that they used the South Dakota class (i.e. the Mass and Alabama's class), the GA, and OH as the new BB line rather than these slow tubs.  (Obviously, though, this would have required some planning well ahead of time to block the release of the GA and OH.  The Mass could have been released, but the AL should have been withheld to be the tier 8 under the name South Dakota.

And I'd have rather seen a fiction upgraded version of the 1920's South Dakota (with a higher speed and modern AA, etc.) as a tier 9 premium.

But what's done is done.

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,541 battles
2 hours ago, syp_twiz said:

I've been grinding through the special US BB mission that it has in co-op to get it over with and I have to agree Florida's overall durability is really dreadful. I've never lost that much health in one pass but, Sinop, Colorado, Nagato and Nelson can easily take 1/4 of your health per salvo even if you are steeply angled. The armor on Florida isn't very thick, it has very low HP, and the citadel is really, really exposed.

It is very pleasant to drive and the guns handle well but the durability is really dreadful, even by T7 BB standards. You can pretty much forget dueling a BB if you are uptiered and even on-tier BBs are dicey. California is substantially sturdier than Florida is. Amusingly, California is a much better ship overall except for speed. I think Florida's deck armor is better than Cali but it won't matter because enemy BBs will chunk yu down you long before the HE spammers finish you. Like others said, treat it like a big cruiser.

[SIM]
Members
5,393 posts
8,891 battles

Yes, Florida is basically a huge waste of time. By bringing it you’ve robbed your team of a battleship slot, all in the name of bringing a mediocre super cruiser into a tier without super cruisers. 

[-K_P-]
Members
424 posts
3,550 battles

Gotta say the Florida is not too bad, but you have to remember she is just barely on the BB side of Battle-Cruiser.  She has the armor and maneuverability of a heavy cruiser but the guns of a battleship. 

If you YOLO, or try to play her like a Georgia or Pommern, you are dead.  You have to play her as a mid-range kiting ship, kinda like a closer in version of a Kii, Mogami or Myoko.

[UDEAD]
Members
147 posts
20,170 battles

Image result for Paste eaters

I smell...... Baddies. 

Hey Ive got a great idea.  How about instead of complaining in the forums about a ship that youve barely played. (most of which are in co op which is also a joke) how about you spend that time that you spent here getting better at it.

Oh wait hold on theres more... Or, you could have actually found out what you were buying like by watching a review.  Again, instead of wasting your time here.  Or, maybe you watched reviews and this post is a byproduct of the harsh realization that you are not as good as you thought you were.  (which again you could have spent your time more wisely by improving your gameplay as opposed to whining here.) 

So, in conclusion.  I would like to rename this thread for you.  "Player realizes that he is not as good as he thought he was doesnt bother to read and blames WG"

This has been keeping it real with Bobby.  Have a good day.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[SIM]
Members
5,393 posts
8,891 battles
50 minutes ago, BobbyBeushea said:

Image result for Paste eaters

I smell...... Baddies. 

Hey Ive got a great idea.  How about instead of complaining in the forums about a ship that youve barely played. (most of which are in co op which is also a joke) how about you spend that time that you spent here getting better at it.

Oh wait hold on theres more... Or, you could have actually found out what you were buying like by watching a review.  Again, instead of wasting your time here.  Or, maybe you watched reviews and this post is a byproduct of the harsh realization that you are not as good as you thought you were.  (which again you could have spent your time more wisely by improving your gameplay as opposed to whining here.) 

So, in conclusion.  I would like to rename this thread for you.  "Player realizes that he is not as good as he thought he was doesnt bother to read and blames WG"

This has been keeping it real with Bobby.  Have a good day.

You failed your “edgy comment” check and rolled straight into “trying way too hard.” Have a good day. 

• Meh 1

[POSM]
Members
139 posts
1,994 battles
6 hours ago, syp_twiz said:

Don’t go broadside and don’t sit bow in just like every other BB that can be overmatched. You can most definitely tank in a Florida, you just do it with your butt not your bow. Abuse those awesome fire angles yeah they’ll get pen damage but not enough to kill you quick. 

[UDEAD]
Members
147 posts
20,170 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

You failed your “edgy comment” check and rolled straight into “trying way too hard.” Have a good day. 

I love when the baddies stick up for each other.  Its like social justice for people who support others who dont even bother to think.

Edited by BobbyBeushea
  • Cool 1

[UDEAD]
Members
147 posts
20,170 battles
4 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yes, Florida is basically a huge waste of time. By bringing it you’ve robbed your team of a battleship slot, all in the name of bringing a mediocre super cruiser into a tier without super cruisers. 

Darn it I miss that you were also one of the baddies who is in the same "boat" as the OP.  Bummer.  Sounds like you need to take my first post to heart as well.  Truth hurts.  Idk how people are blaming WG for not being able to play a ship correctly.

Have a good day

• Haha 1