You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Who here is going to play subs just to get away from CVs in game?

77 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

What better way to avoid CVs all together by just playing subs and being able to stay away from annoying planes.

• Cool 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
1 minute ago, Legio_X_ said:

What better way to avoid CVs all together by just playing subs and being able to stay away from annoying planes.

inb4 the cvs get anti sub planes just because they can.

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,086 posts
1,345 battles
4 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

What if told you CV players are going play subs too :Smile_hiding:

1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

:Smile_trollface:

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

New video on sub changes does not give CV anti-sub capabilities. I know what my butt is doing in first game. 

“who cares about anything in game. Where is that darn CV”

• Cool 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,694 posts
10,741 battles

Saw the video. Hard pass for me on subs myself, but if it reduces the flying monkey population I'm all for it.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,525 posts
25 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

if you looked at the video, CV bombs and rockets can damage subs down to a depth om 10m.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,115 posts
4,173 battles
20 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

What if told you CV players are going play subs too :Smile_hiding:

:Smile_trollface:

What if I told you BBs and CAs will have anti-sub planes and aerial view mode, making them like mini CVs to rain all over the sub parade...dang, just can't get away from CVs...where is that blue pill?

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

Ill probably take a look at IJN subs.

But whether it'll become more then a look is something I can't predict.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,015 posts
48 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

New video on sub changes does not give CV anti-sub capabilities. I know what my butt is doing in first game. 

The video says it gives CV rockets and bombs, the ability to hit subs deeper than they could before.

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,599 battles
55 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I would be stunned if a CV cant drop subs at PD or slightly deeper. 

Whats really going to change the game is subs are likely going to replace DDs as the primary capping ships.  There are just too many vision games a sub can play to out spot and zone out DDs if they have support at hand preventing the DD from rushing the sub.  A DD is going to more of a flanking/screening ship that maintains vision for the team.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
211 posts
10,361 battles

I'm gonna play sub games cause I like them.I have no issues with cv's either so....

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,053 posts
10,804 battles
41 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Whats really going to change the game is subs are likely going to replace DDs as the primary capping ships.  There are just too many vision games a sub can play to out spot and zone out DDs if they have support at hand preventing the DD from rushing the sub.  A DD is going to more of a flanking/screening ship that maintains vision for the team.

Not likely. Submarines have to surface to cap. Since dive time is now increased, and Subs take HE damage down to 10 meters, it means their ability to cap is limited. What they can do is potentially harass a capping DD, but since DDs are the best at killing subs, that is dangerous.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,084 posts
17,146 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Sub will be spotted more often in this next test and bombs and rockets just got better at hitting subs so......

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,599 battles
Just now, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Not likely. Submarines have to sufrace to cap. Since dive time is now increased, and Subs take HE damage down to 10 meters, it means their ability to cap is limited. What they can so is potentially harass a capping DD, but since DDs are the best at killing subs, that is dangerous.

A DD that rushes a sub is going to get killed in the time it takes to actually locate it and depth charge it.  Planes, even spotted closer with the reduced spotting mentioned in the video should still give plenty of time to submerge before detection.  I have not played them with the slower submerge times, but I cant imagine it takes more than 3-4 seconds to get below 10 meters.

Subs should have plenty of time to submerge before they get spotted for the enemy team when radar detected.  Some of the spotting changes are going to be interesting when it comes to radar and German hydro and detecting subs.

I'm not saying a sub can solo a cap vs a DD, but there are ample tools available to ride things out if you have support and you can always quickly dive to escape most damage.

[POSM]
Members
139 posts
1,977 battles
1 hour ago, Bonfor said:

What if I told you BBs and CAs will have anti-sub planes and aerial view mode, making them like mini CVs to rain all over the sub parade...dang, just can't get away from CVs...where is that blue pill?

Good, they needed to be able to do something about subs besides wait for a DD or CL. Besides the planes can’t do anything to surface ships so that’s not an issue they aren’t another CV.  

[ANKER]
Members
369 posts
6,388 battles
2 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

you cant avoid CV's sooner or later they will have anti subs rockets :cap_like:

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,115 posts
4,173 battles
1 hour ago, jwatt_ said:

Good, they needed to be able to do something about subs besides wait for a DD or CL. Besides the planes can’t do anything to surface ships so that’s not an issue they aren’t another CV.  

I'm glad they have an option for BBs and CAs to fight subs, I'm just not happy that we have to pretend that we're a CV to accomplish that...

[WPORT]
Members
6,658 posts
11,641 battles
3 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Submarines that stay submerged too much will be unable to complete the map objectives and be ineffective at helping their team sink ships and capture areas.

I play all available ship types.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,696 battles

CV's just annoy me, so when I get some subs, i'm just gonna turn the subs into cv hunters

[SALVO]
Members
5,305 posts
4,551 battles
19 minutes ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

CV's just annoy me, so when I get some subs, i'm just gonna turn the subs into cv hunters

Subs now can run underwater at full speed without running out of batt, easier than ever to just run deep behind enemy lines and hunt the CV, point blank torps in the back of the head.

What better? ... executing CVs!!! read above

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,758 battles

Sailing away from you, because he is faster. Not blundering into your range because he can read the minimap.

Keeping you spotted for his DDs and CLs hunting you. If you stay up too long to get away...using rockets to kill you.

I dont think you understand that subs are NOT going to be killing many CVs.

In the last test, I never even took a sub torpedo in my Ryujo...to say anything of actually dying to those slow boats.

3 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Saw the video. Hard pass for me on subs myself, but if it reduces the flying monkey population I'm all for it.

It wont. CVs have nothing to fear from subs.

2 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Yes.

DDs are going to lose their spot on the concealment ladder...

The crying in the forums will be intense.

• Boring 2

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,696 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Subs now can run underwater at full speed without running out of batt, easier than ever to just run deep behind enemy lines and hunt the CV, point blank torps in the back of the head.

cvs will be the new most killed ship in wows :Smile_trollface:

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,696 battles
3 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

they can surface, cap, and then dive before anyone knows what happened.